I missed 90 days reporting...

OK my fault. I came back from Vietnam in April, and done my visa extension in June. I thought 90 days reporting will count from visa extension date, but my friend told me this counts from my arrival date to Thailand. So I just checked on internet, and yeah, he is right. I am late, and will have to pay 2000 baht fee.

In this case, I don't feel like to do my 90 days reporting at all. Spending all day in Promenada and paying 2000 baht penalty fee ? No thanks.

I assume that penalty fine will not increase over the time. Doesn't matter I am late 1 month, 5 months or 12 months - it is still gonna to be 2000 baht right ?

I do not plan to go to other country in near future, and also there is a very little chance I will be arrested (4000baht fine).

Should I be aware of anything else ?

• Like 1

I would be careful there is a new sheriff in town called the military government. By the time you go in for your visa extension you could be in for a whole new world of hurt. I have a friend taking this gamble on his 90 day reporting but with the trouble in Bangkok everything is being tightened up. You can go to the Chiang Mai thread on immigration and read the tea leaves. I go in next week to do my annual extension and I am not looking forward to it.

Edited by elgordo38

But, he didn't say it was his first, but that is good to know. If the OP has a multiple entry, I would consider a day trip to Myanmar. I think you could get away with it, there. Worst case, you could settle there, and restart the clock, and avoid possible arrest, ohh and a nightmare of a day at Prom-Prom.

But, he didn't say it was his first, but that is good to know. If the OP has a multiple entry, I would consider a day trip to Myanmar. I think you could get away with it, there. Worst case, you could settle there, and restart the clock, and avoid possible arrest, ohh and a nightmare of a day at Prom-Prom.

In the OP he said he arrived Thailand in April and applied for extension in June so that would be his first extension since arrival.

I'm moving this to the Visa forum for the pros to look at.

In the OP he said he arrived Thailand in April and applied for extension in June so that would be his first extension since arrival.

I arrived in April, back from the US, but was on the 17th month of my visa. He, also indicated he had already been here, and didn't say if he got his "O" in Vietnam. As often the case, the OP wasn't clear about his situation.

Edited by bangmai

I arrived in April, back from the US, but was on the 17th month of my visa. He, also indicated he had already been here, and didn't say if he got his "O" in Vietnam. As often the case, the OP wasn't clear about his situation.

I agree, more information needed. Specifically did he already have an extension and left/returned on a reentry permit. If so, he would indeed be late as he would still be on his last extension.

Regardless, he still needs to do his 90 day soon regardless of which situation.

To clarify - this is not my first visa extension. I was in Vietnam for holiday only and came back on re-entry permit. Moved to Thailand in 2012.

I am not asking if I am late or not. I already know that I am late.

I want to know if there is anything that I should be aware of, not having 90 days reporting done, other than 2000 baht fine that I will have to pay some time in the future.

Edited by baywatch82

You need to do a 90 day report and pay the 2000 baht fine now. They could easily charge the max fine of 5000 bath if you just ignore it until your next extension is due.

I will pay 2000 baht anyway doesn't matter how late I am. 5000 baht only if I get arrested. Correct ?

Like I originally stated, if you have a multiple re-entry permit, take a day trip to Myanmar....VIP GreenBus or a seat by the goat pen, up to you.

I do not have a multiple re-entry permit. And even if I have, what is benefit of doing that ? I will waste all day or more, probably pay 2000 baht on the border anyway, plus a trip costs. Myanmar visa cost also ? Would be easier and cheaper just to go to immigration.

• Like 1

Apparently you haven't heard the horror stories from people doing in-person 90s at Prom. I think you stand a good chance of slipping by at Maesai, and a 10 USD will get you into Myanmar....but since you don't already have a re-entry, probably not a good option. If you are going to leave the country again soon, I would just tear the old one out, and act shocked that it was gone...you stand a decent chance there, too. Might be a good idea to keep the 5K on you, and It might be better to not have one at all, than to have an expired one.

• Like 2

If you are going to leave the country again soon, I would just tear the old one out, and act shocked that it was gone...you stand a decent chance there, too. Might be a good idea to keep the 5K on you, and It might be better to not have one at all, than to have an expired one.

Thank for the advice. Should I just tear the old 90 days reporting ? Or Arrival/departure card also ?

You certainly do not want to do away with your TM6 departure card.

The 90 day report slip means nothing now since it was the one you have before you left the country. It would be good to have it as proof you did your reports prior to your trip..

Hi, I filled out the address card upon arrival and gave it to immigration at the airport in August. The address I supplied is where I live with my GF. We spent a few days in Bangkok and checked into a hotel there. They naturally advise immigration of my stay. Will my original address notification stand or do I have to advise them again that I am now in my permanent home ?

Thanks for any advice . I guess the form for 90 days is supplied or do you need to print it yourself?

You need to do a 90 day report and pay the 2000 baht fine now. They could easily charge the max fine of 5000 bath if you just ignore it until your next extension is due.

I will pay 2000 baht anyway doesn't matter how late I am. 5000 baht only if I get arrested. Correct ?

-------------------------

No, incorrect.

They may keep the fine at 2000 Baht, but if they think you deliberately avoided paying the 2000 Baht fine they MAY, at their discretion increase the fine to 5000 Baht .... basically because you are being an a - - -- ole.

• Like 1

Not sure about the office you're going to (avoid) report to but in Chocheansao the 90 day reports are in their computer data base which just might be tied into Bangkok's main data base which just might be cross-referenced with immigration's new computer data base tracking folks.

You really want to run the risk of all the possible horrors of the bureaucratic machine and possible computer snafus based solely on the discretion and the present mood of an immigration officer over a lousy 2000 baht and a couple of hrs of inconvenience? thumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

And people wonder why things are getting tighter.

Hi, I filled out the address card upon arrival and gave it to immigration at the airport in August. The address I supplied is where I live with my GF. We spent a few days in Bangkok and checked into a hotel there. They naturally advise immigration of my stay. Will my original address notification stand or do I have to advise them again that I am now in my permanent home ?

Thanks for any advice . I guess the form for 90 days is supplied or do you need to print it yourself?

It depends on how you arrived in Thailand.

Tourist with a VOA. TR60 etc will have their address updated in the immigration database every time staying in a hotel etc.

Long term visa/extension holders who live here don't have their address updated in the immigration database.

There is a difference for the database registrations.

I always try to abide by the rules of the 90 day reporting - but the few times I have missed it - I would await a trip abroad, which resets the 90 day reporting - and I have never had a question about the missing 90 day slip in my passport when leaving.

I have even extended my (1 year investment) visa at Bangkok immigration without anybody pointing out that I had forgotten the 90 day reporting, but it is normally there I hear that people get caught and pay 2000 Baht.

I am sure that the systems will get better at talking with each other, and I think it is wise to abide by the rules so I do certainly not recommend above - but now you know. ? Cheers!

• Like 1

OK my fault.

'Nuff said. Your fault. Go to Immigration and tell the truth. Follow the rules. Pay what you owe and get on with it. How difficult is it??? Just do what you already know is the right thing. Unbelievable and unacceptable that the OP violated the rules (by accident, but no matter) and so many TV members are trying to help him further violate the rules! UNREAL 1zgarz5.gif

OK my fault.

'Nuff said. Your fault. Go to Immigration and tell the truth. Follow the rules. Pay what you owe and get on with it. How difficult is it??? Just do what you already know is the right thing. Unbelievable and unacceptable that the OP violated the rules (by accident, but no matter) and so many TV members are trying to help him further violate the rules! UNREAL 1zgarz5.gif

Be real Mr. Right. You are violating some rules every day also.

It is not as simple as you think. If that was that simple, I would not have any problem with it.

If you really need to know, Chiang Mai immigration is a nightmare. You need to line up about 6am to be serviced on that day. If you lucky enough, you will be serviced, but you need to spend there all day long.

Unfortunately, I am not retired yet. I work Monday to Friday so if I want to go there, I will have to take day off.

So this is the deal - spending all day from early morning hours in crowdy and hot office, missing a day at work which I will have to make up later on, to pay 2000 baht fine. Great. No thanks ! I will pay that fine on the next chance, for example when going abroad.

I am not a criminal by not doing my 90 days reporting. I missed out something that I have done before about 10 times always on time. I have valid visa for staying in Thailand so please don't make me a criminal.

Please don't take a chance like this. The reaction of Immigration Officials under the current regime is most unpredictable. I can understand your frustration, but it is far better to eat the 2000 baht fine and get this cleared up. Thailand has been in "self-defense mode" for some years now and in the wake of the recent bombing, it is only going to get worse. Pay the fine and get it behind you.

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

OK my fault.

It is not as simple as you think. If that was that simple, I would not have any problem with it.

If you really need to know, Chiang Mai immigration is a nightmare. You need to line up about 6am to be serviced on that day. If you lucky enough, you will be serviced, but you need to spend there all day long.

Unfortunately, I am not retired yet. I work Monday to Friday so if I want to go there, I will have to take day off.

So this is the deal - spending all day from early morning hours in crowdy and hot office, missing a day at work which I will have to make up later on, to pay 2000 baht fine. Great. No thanks ! I will pay that fine on the next chance, for example when going abroad.

I am not a criminal by not doing my 90 days reporting. I missed out something that I have done before about 10 times always on time. I have valid visa for staying in Thailand so please don't make me a criminal.

If anyone here needs to get real, it's you Mr. Wrong. You're wrong because no one accused you of being a criminal, nor of any criminal activity. My previous post clearly stated 'by accident'. It was a mistake...I GET IT and I said so.

You're wrong for pulling false accusations out of your A$$ and pointing your finger at others.

You're wrong because you not only violated Immigration policy, but are now soliciting for advice on how to further violate Immigration policy because it's inconvenient. violin.gif

You're wrong because you continue to refuse to follow the rules and just do the right thing.

You're wrong for now trying to defend and rationalize a position in which your first 3 words were..."OK my fault".

And finally, you're wrong because...for someone who can't afford to take a single day off from work, you sure seem to be traveling "abroad" on a regular basis. JUST SAYIN'...

WPFflags.gif

OK my fault.

If anyone here needs to get real, it's you Mr. Wrong. You're wrong because no one accused you of being a criminal, nor of any criminal activity. My previous post clearly stated 'by accident'. It was a mistake...I GET IT and I said so.

You're wrong for pulling false accusations out of your <deleted> and pointing your finger at others.

You're wrong because you not only violated Immigration policy, but are now soliciting for advice on how to further violate Immigration policy because it's inconvenient. violin.gif

You're wrong because you continue to refuse to follow the rules and just do the right thing.

You're wrong for now trying to defend and rationalize a position in which your first 3 words were..."OK my fault".

And finally, you're wrong because...for someone who can't afford to take a single day off from work, you sure seem to be traveling "abroad" on a regular basis. JUST SAYIN'...

WPFflags.gif

omg

he missed the 90 days report, this is nothing big, you not get arested the only punishment is 2000 Baht to 5000 baht maximum,

nothing else, so it is normal that a person think about make it sense to make a 90 days report now with all hasle or wait, because you have the fine anyway and

nothing else will happend, the extension is valid. the same stiation like you stay longer than the stamp in your passport allows you and you think about paying 1900 baht for extension and spent 15 hours in IMO or pay the fine at the border, this not make anybody a criminal !!