alternatives to retirement or marriaged based extensions

If your only going back to AU to obtain an OA . Thinking that's a waste of money. Go o AU embassy and make a stat dec. I'm not suggesting false. Some people misinterpret meaning of income and might include assets such as AU

BBANK account or line of credit , whatever. The SD costs 600baht. Even if you thought that a bad idea have the money sent over ....'specify aud. Yes you lose a bit. Then live off that until your next extension. Do the sums. How are you getting your income from AU now?

Please don't say ATM

Edited by jacksam

I have my money invested in Aus and draw money every month. Earlier in this thread I suggested that as a possible source of income....which in every sense of the word it is. I'm a self funded retiree. Some said it wud be ok, others said income meant it was taxed in Ur home country

Edited by Kenny202

If your only going back to AU to obtain an OA . Thinking that's a waste of money. Go o AU embassy and make a stat dec. I'm not suggesting false. Some people misinterpret meaning of income and might include assets such as AU

BBANK account or line of credit , whatever. The SD costs 600baht. Even if you thought that a bad idea have the money sent over ....'specify aud. Yes you lose a bit. Then live off that until your next extension. Do the sums. How are you getting your income from AU now?

Please don't say ATM

I would of course, make a trip of it if I went back.

I have Citibank card from Australia. They give one of the best electronic exchange rates and no fees if using the Asoke ATMs

Just researching the best options for me, good to have options! :)

If using the proof of income method for the extension, could someone tell me please what month's bank statements need to be shown? i.e. financial year (30.06.14-01.07.15), 01.01.15- 30.12.15, or say , the last 2 or 3 months?

This will be my first extension if that matters.

cheers.

You need a letter from the bank stating the balance.

This needs to be dated on the day or day before application.

Together with your bankbook. Updated and showing the same balance.

Sorry, I meant from my bank accounts back in Australia where I get income (not a Thai bank). I want to know what period to show on those statements.

I don't think a simple bank balance can illustrate what my monthly income is for a Retirement extension.

The money has to be in a Thai bank so what I said is correct. smile.png

If you are going to use monthly income you need a letter from your Embassy in Bangkok.

I am indeed using the "Proof of Income" method requiring a stat dec from my embassy.

So again, I am only interested in the actual question I asked about what period the bank statements need to cover.

Thanks for the additional but irrelevant information.

You wont get a bank statement.

You will get a bank book and a letter stating balance.

That is what Immigration understand

If you are using the Embassy letter you will not need anything from the bank unless you are using the combination method.

Thanks again for your reply. I have read that 'sometimes" the Thai Immigration want to see the 'proof' of income even if not using the combination method so I just want to know what period of statements to have ready please. My Australian Embassy may even need 'proof' from my Australian bank I have read too.

Maybe I am being over cautious but I'd rather ask now and prepare! :)

The money has to be in a Thai bank so what I said is correct. smile.png

If you are going to use monthly income you need a letter from your Embassy in Bangkok.

I am indeed using the "Proof of Income" method requiring a stat dec from my embassy.

So again, I am only interested in the actual question I asked about what period the bank statements need to cover.

Thanks for the additional but irrelevant information.

You will need no proof of your income to get the statutory declaration at the Oz embassy.

Their are s few immigration offices that might ask for back up proof for the stat dec but most of those want to see money coming into a Thai bank account.

• Like 1