Scotsman among five arrested in Phuket drugs sweep

webfact

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lose...big time...!!!! As you probably

lose in life with your brain half smoked up!!

I recommend you start on the ganja right now. It will calm your mind and make you less unpleasant.

At this time I recommend he does not take advice from people who recommend illegal drug use.

Even if he is a doctor of medicine.

1.2 grammes of marijuana!!!!!!!!

Move over Pablo Escobar.

hahaha!!! You beat me to the punch with your comment - I'm watching a series called "Narcos" which is about Escobar and the DEA and was going to post almost identical comments!! What a joke - 1.2 gramms of marijuana, which in a lot of countries (Holand & Portugal for example) is perfectly legal! Say goodbye to your friends and family Mr Blackwood, you're about to embark on a journey that will be at best, no fun.

It sounds like he will be locked away for life? Will not happen, some time in lock up a hefty fine and on a plane back home.

1.2 grammes of marijuana!!!!!!!!

Move over Pablo Escobar.

hahaha!!! You beat me to the punch with your comment - I'm watching a series called "Narcos" which is about Escobar and the DEA and was going to post almost identical comments!! What a joke - 1.2 gramms of marijuana, which in a lot of countries (Holand & Portugal for example) is perfectly legal! Say goodbye to your friends and family Mr Blackwood, you're about to embark on a journey that will be at best, no fun.

It sounds like he will be locked away for life? Will not happen, some time in lock up a hefty fine and on a plane back home.

He may strike a deal with them.....as I am certain the authorities recognize the amount he had on him was for personal use only while it is known that the Thai police are growing more tolerant of people smoking marijuana....but still ......ill advised to test their patience

If and when caught the police will bust them and then fine them ( it is more or less negotiable ) and in the case of foreigners, after paying "The Fine" most often they are sent back home or out of the country.

Having said that I am not condoning what the drug users are doing or defend them......but times are changing and there are Thai advocates on behalf of Marijuana use that are asking / pleading for the Government to relax the laws on marijuana consumption and de-criminalize the use of marijuana for recreational purposes.

They advocates argument is the same as everywhere while pointing out the jails are full of people arrested and harshly sentenced for smoking marijuana ( not selling or trafficking the drug ) while criminalizing the people that do consume the drug has its social ramifications.

Meantime....the costs and the resources allotted to trying to enforce the laws and policing the citizens and trying to control the use of the drug is not worth the effort while the authorities time and efforts should be focused on the well understood dangers of the other recreational use drugs such as Heroin and Opium and Methamphetamines and Cocaine and crack Cocaine and Crystal Meth.....which truly are addicting and damaging and life altering for the worse.

Sooner or later Marijuana use in Thailand will be de-criminalized but probably not until 50 years after most of the other countries decriminalize the use of Marijuana.

I am not a user myself and strongly advocate people stay away from the drug ...not because it is such a bad practice or a dangerous drug, which it is not as compared to the known hard drugs, rather the continual use of marijuana can commonly lead to a persons involvement in questionable activities in general and or associating with people that are immersed much deeper into the party hardy recreational drug consumption culture.

Better not to participate at all, as obviously life would be less complicated if you refrain from using a substance that can and often does come with harsh penalties if you are a user and do get caught.

Given a choice between Pot Heads and Alcoholics....I would chose the Pot Heads

Given a choice between Alcohol consumption in mass verses Marijuana consumption in mass I would choose marijuana as it comes with far less detriments to the habitual users and far less detriments to society at large while this is a fact that people and governments around the world are sloooooooowly beginning to learn and understand.

But both should be legal while Alcohol and Marijuana, taken together, make for a near perfect combination of hedonistic bliss without any serious detriments if consumed in moderation.

Cheers

Edited by gemguy