What Insurance Do You Use In Thailand?please Tell

shantie

:o hello every one..hope you are are smiling...

I was wondering what insurance company you guys use in thailand?a thai company or any good once from the uk??

would be great to have some tips of insurance...dont want to take monthly once..since I'm planning of moving back to thailand again...for at least 6 months a year..

thx :D

I use ING. I have yet to make a claim (which is a good thing I guess) but they come recommended and apparently don't cause a fuss when they have to pay out. They are cheaper than BUPA bya few thousand and have comparable coverage.

Best advice is to get recommendations by word of mouth and find out which companies stick to their promises.

I very nearly got insurance about 10 years ago but didn't. I reckon I've saved about 800,000 baht. It's a gamble. I got insurance through my work last month - 1500 a month.

yeh same here saved alot of money on not having one...8 years in thailand ...but things chainge..and accidents happen...so still lokking for one..

thanks to every one..seems like there wasent a side to look at to exchainge info of insurance...so its great to se you all replyed..thanks alot guys/girls hehe

keep smiling :o

I use ING. I have yet to make a claim (which is a good thing I guess) but they come recommended and apparently don't cause a fuss when they have to pay out. They are cheaper than BUPA bya few thousand and have comparable coverage.

Best advice is to get recommendations by word of mouth and find out which companies stick to their promises.

From personal experiences, I don't want to have anything to do with ING. Ive worked for them while I was in university in Romania and what I've seen was simply incredible. Bribing coroners, send the new clients to unauthorized clinics for their physical checkup so they can then declare the policy voided, all the crap in the world. I sent several emails to the headoffice in UK, NO answer, let alone the national representatives. Decided to have all my clients transferred to AIG. Just received an email about 3 month ago from a couple that insured their and one of them just turned 18 and they have immediatly got the call and asked and what are they planning to do with all the capital, a very professional service.

Depends how old you are and if you want coverage after 65. That's why I picked Bupa. They cover you for like if you join before your 61, and if you use the hospitals that are on their provider list they pay direct.

I pay 60,000 baht per year for me, my wife, and my 9 year old son. This also includes 1000 baht per day for out patient coverage per person. We have the Emerald plan which is the plan just below their top plan that they offer. Covers us world wide, except the USA.

Last year they paid a total of 90,000 baht out for medical expenses for our family.

Barry

• 2 months later...

From personal experiences, I don't want to have anything to do with ING. Ive worked for them while I was in university in Romania and what I've seen was simply incredible. Bribing coroners, send the new clients to unauthorized clinics for their physical checkup so they can then declare the policy voided, all the crap in the world. I sent several emails to the headoffice in UK, NO answer, let alone the national representatives. Decided to have all my clients transferred to AIG. Just received an email about 3 month ago from a couple that insured their and one of them just turned 18 and they have immediatly got the call and asked and what are they planning to do with all the capital, a very professional service.

SO witch one do you use?if you dont mind me asking?

still aint sorted it out on my way to do so though..still dont know witch one is the best one??

thx

SO witch one do you use?if you dont mind me asking?

still aint sorted it out on my way to do so though..still dont know witch one is the best one??

thx

I'd go with AIG (aka AIA in Thailand). Just an opinion...

I just applied for WH3000 with thaihealth it looks good as far as I'm concerned, and the price was 12000 baht a year. No medical checkup and other hassle. they have deals with all the major hospitals in Thailand, so I feel secure should anything happen to me. I also checked out BUPA but I thought it was to expensive. All the major hospitals in Pattaya and Bangkok was coverd by thaihealth. They have a list of hospitals that they cover on their website, and you get a card that you or your relatives present at the hospital and the bills go directly to Thaihealth, so you don't have to pay first and get reinbursed. The only downside, is that MC accidents are only covered by 50 percent, but I think that goes for most of the insurance companies.

Their website is www.thaihealth.co.th, and they have many coverage options so you should find one that suit your needs

just my 2 baht

Morty

Edited by Morty

I use IMG. It is a U.S. based company which requires me to out of the U.S. for at least six months a year (to be covered). It is U.S. regulated. Coverage is world wide. I can go back to the U.S. for medical treatment as long as I don't stay for more than six months per year.

-q

Edited by quadricorrelator