how do you explain to them we came from monkeys

opalred

I worked in a place with a lot of Filipino people once. One day someone made a comment about monkeys, and one of them said "ha-ha, we don't have monkey in the Philippines."

I said that was because they gave them all passports.

I was involved in a lot less conversations after that.

Outstanding example of a goodwill ambassador from your country. And people wonder why Asians don't like Farangs. And bragging about it. Hard to believe.

Ok, I'll give you some back story. It's worth writing out, IMO.

It was a hostile work environment. The Filipino contingent was ratting out all of the non-Filipinos for the slightest things in an effort to get people fired so they could bring in their relatives and friends. It was a cafeteria in a large office building not open to the public, so there were people who worked in the kitchen (like me) and others who dealt with customers. They were also getting office workers to help their plots -- a friend who was a cashier got fired because some of the office workers complained to their managers that the cashier was rude. Complete bs, as she was one of those California Little Mary Sunshine types who couldn't bring herself to say "it looks like rain" because it's such a negative sentiment. Miz Big Boss (the cafeteria manager) knew the complaints were bogus but because it became an official issue she had to let the girl go. We had a new Filipino cashier the next day. A few weeks later I found out that one day, after I had left, Miz Big Boss was going through the kitchen and someone called her over and showed her how I left the place a mess. I didn't, but in wiping down my work area I may have missed a spot. I guess she caught MBB at the wrong moment, because she sort of lit into the complainer about bothering her with such petty nonsense (as told to me by a witness). I got along ok with the boss but we weren't pals, but after this incident the Filipino contingent was of the impression I was the boss's friend and they didn't mess with me, other than the occasional taunt of being the boss's friend.

So, going back to my comment, no regret. The woman I said it to was the one from the wiping incident. I would say it was an insult to monkeys, but I hate the things. If you've ever lived in India you'd understand.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't call it directly stupid if someone doesn't understand something "immediatelly". To understand, even a little, a subject you have never done any "digging" into it will take time for your brain to start thinking differently. This is why something extremely trivial such as "null" in the computer world is initially "hard" for people to understand. I still can't grasp the idea of "something from nothing" that Lawrence Krauss is on about but then again... i haven't yet tried to understand it even the slightest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6AN6UwTTjU

Sometimes the more you discuss it the worse it gets! Questions like.....in men, where does the bone go? Or...."I know that when you turn the switch the light comes on, but, what has the switch to do with the light, I can't see anything in the wire, what makes the light"? Try explaning electron theory!!! biggrin.pngfacepalm.gifwai.gif

I was attacked once by a monkey in Bali , I tried to communicate and be nice to my "ancestor" but he would not listen. Same experience I had when I moved to Pattaya , I was confronted by big white monkeys , still same same.

Edited by balo

I was attacked once by a monkey in Bali , I tried to communicate and be nice to my "ancestor" but he would not listen. Same experience I had when I moved to Pattaya , I was confronted by big white monkeys , still same same.

Have you tried to communicate with the big black monkeys at Lucifers?

I am more than willing to concede that the OP descended from apes - and might be even a step higher.....

For the rest of us (including TV & all human beings) in the real world - we have a higher calling.....

But - with a little practice you will get there.....keep up the good work/progress...

I am more than willing to concede that the OP descended from apes - and might be even a step higher.....

For the rest of us (including TV & all human beings) in the real world - we have a higher calling.....

But - with a little practice you will get there.....keep up the good work/progress...

We humans do not have any "calling" at all... we are so insignificant in the universe that it's basicly impossible to understand how insignificant we are.

↑↑↑↑

That's why we have to believe in ourselvees & chosen others or our life is as bleak as you wish to tell us it is.....

Not monkey see/read monkey do.....

Save that for your next post on lemmings.....Or ice cubes .....

Try being more accurate and tell her humans came from amoeba or fish instead of jumping right into the ape/monkey correlation.

Better yet-have her invite many friends over and go with the "on the first day.....(Genesis)" fairy tale, she will love that even more than the evolution theory. Enjoy your weekend of laughter and fun!clap2.gif

Confuse here even more say she came from the sun.

That is incorrect, our star has not started to create let alone expel heavy elements that could be made into anything like DNA. Perhaps you mean that she came from the remains of another star, just as our own star and solar system formed from the remains of one or more stars.

↑↑↑↑

That's why we have to believe in ourselvees & chosen others or our life is as bleak as you wish to tell us it is.....

Not monkey see/read monkey do.....

Save that for your next post on lemmings.....Or ice cubes .....

"Believe" in what exactly? The universe and with that nature doesn't care what we believe in.

Prof Yves Coppens the paleontologist, tells a good story. (He was part of the group that found Lucy in Ethiopia.) In their lab in Paris his team had a chimp or an ape. I can't remember which. They left it in the lab and went outside to look through the peephole to see what the animal was doing when they weren't there. Only to find that it was looking through the peephole to see what THEY were doing when they weren't there.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Yeah.....now thats a friday night Topic.....

Next week we better try ... How to explain that egg come before chicken lol
Can't wait till next week...lol. Anyway, NO....the egg doesn't come before the chicken.

Cheers

The egg always comes before the chicken. The animal that laid the egg was a close ancestor to the chicken. The offspring in the egg had a genetic mutation and it became known as a chicken.

The OP has a problem if he is preaching Darwinism to anyone... The linch-pin of Darwinism is the infamous "missing link", which has never been found, leaving a gap of hundreds of thousands of years in the genetics of the ape and homo sapiens... Darwin's evolution of the species is a theory and nothing more... Nice try, but no cigar...

The missing link is definitely not the linch pin of Darwin's wonderful theory. There are many missing links which is hardly surprising given the rare circumstances required for a dead animal to become a fossil. As 95 - 98% of all species have died out and the ancestors of modern humans were pretty thin on the ground one would not expect to find an abundance of humaniod fossils.

The theory of evolution is bourne out by evidence again and again.

It is certainly a better theory than the ones our iron and bronze age ancestors came up with when they sat in their hovels $#itting themselves trying to figure out where thunder and lightning came from and why the sun kept disappearing.