Policeman kills supervisor over low evaluation results

Lite Beer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see what the difference is between this man who killed his boss and any worker in the US who kills his boss, typically along with many co-workers - some of the comments about Thai's and Thailand here are seriously misguided and represent nothing more than an opportunity to bash.

Agree fully...had been holding back on the keyboard.

Its not just USA but don't they have few recent examples of police being charged with murder. In some cases with very long careers.

Good thing they check for weapons in schools. If they didn't I wouldn't hand out anything under B+

I believe that there is a difference with this particular event, see, this disgruntled employee was a police officer. He killed his boss in front of his colleagues, all of whom (I am making an assumption here) should have had weapon's training and training on how to handle dangerous situations (I know it maybe non-existent that's why I used "should"). The other assumption is that all those colleagues were armed (a much more credible assumption seeing as how Thai police officers are inseparable from their weapons), Now, the difference to "killing a boss and any worker in the US" is that this killing took place entirely with trained and armed police personnel present. Who did not respond. Who were Thai. All assumptions, of course, except for the "Thai" part.

sorry to edit: I am not bashing Thais or Thailand, I am bashing Thai Police.

Edited by klauskunkel

I fail to see what the difference is between this man who killed his boss and any worker in the US who kills his boss, typically along with many co-workers - some of the comments about Thai's and Thailand here are seriously misguided and represent nothing more than an opportunity to bash.

Its not just USA but don't they have few recent examples of police being charged with murder. In some cases with very long careers.

Good thing they check for weapons in schools. If they didn't I wouldn't hand out anything under B+

I believe that there is a difference with this particular event, see, this disgruntled employee was a police officer. He killed his boss in front of his colleagues, all of whom (I am making an assumption here) should have had weapon's training and training on how to handle dangerous situations (I know it maybe non-existent that's why I used "should"). The other assumption is that all those colleagues were armed (a much more credible assumption seeing as how Thai police officers are inseparable from their weapons), Now, the difference to "killing a boss and any worker in the US" is that this killing took place entirely with trained and armed police personnel present. Who did not respond. Who were Thai. All assumptions, of course, except for the "Thai" part.

I was referring to the VERY experienced USA officer that shot a black American as he ran from his vehicle. There has been another since. I THINK both have been charged

Charged with murder.

A fair comparison. I think perhaps the element that's missing here is that of cultural differences, if that's the right term.

In a western country for example, a disgruntled employee might shoot his boss and then follow through by killing others and then him self, if the authorities don't eventually kill him, that at least seems to me to be the way it goes down from what I've read of such things. But here we have a one on one disagreement which doesn't spill over to involve additional killings and the shooter didn't try to kill himself, all things being equal he will almost certainly turn himself in to face the music as others before him have done..

So what's that all about, did the fellow officers understand this was a one on one and simply stand back saying, it doesn't involve me and the outcome here is already understood by everyone, it seems so. That being the case why aggravate matters, taking any action wont bring back the dead officer so let things take their natural course since everyone knows their respective role and obligation. Sound weird, sure as heck it does but there's much about Thai/Asian culture that westerners don't understand. And to be clear, I don't pretend to understand it all, I'm simply putting up a straw man because I don't think the easy answer of saying the other police were scared or poorly trained is anything like the right answer.

Humm, makes me wonder of supervisors will be more "generous" in their evaluations in the future.

Yes, I imagine any other cops who have an evaluation coming up, upon hearing of the shooting, will think - "Sweet" ! biggrin.png

He was probably evaluated for negligently failing his annual marksmanship test.

I would say that his marksmanship was quite good.

So would I................There was nothing wrong with his marksmanship, it was his anger management that let him down. thumbsup.gif

This story has a real relevance to falang living here.

You may have been 'lucky' and never had trouble here so far, but people are at risk.

One scam the police run to improve their performance is to use an 'informer' to to generate arrests.

The informer is usually a petty criminal known to the police and previously arrested. They give this person some drugs to plant at a victims house.

The informer goes to a house on some false premise, like selling soap or food and while there hides the drugs somewhere.

They tell the police which house to go to and where the drugs are. The police come and tell you a person came to your house and saw you hiding drugs and reported it to them.

They go to the hidden drugs, and presto, you get busted, they get an arrest added to their 'performance' record, and best of all, they get their drugs back to use for the next victim.

This is a real scam that anyone can fall victim to and shows one of the dark aspects of the deep levels of corruption here.

Walls, gates and security cameras are your best defence against it.

This story does not have any relevance to what you are talking about.

But your account of this scam and how we can be seen as potentially lucrative marks, is a worthwhile reminder. thumbsup.gif

You may have been 'lucky' and never had trouble here so far, but people are at risk.

One scam the police run to improve their performance is to use an 'informer' to to generate arrests.

The informer is usually a petty criminal known to the police and previously arrested. They give this person some drugs to plant at a victims house.

The informer goes to a house on some false premise, like selling soap or food and while there hides the drugs somewhere.

They tell the police which house to go to and where the drugs are. The police come and tell you a person came to your house and saw you hiding drugs and reported it to them.

They go to the hidden drugs, and presto, you get busted, they get an arrest added to their 'performance' record, and best of all, they get their drugs back to use for the next victim.

This is a real scam that anyone can fall victim to and shows one of the dark aspects of the deep levels of corruption here.

Don't do things by half measures, why not tell everyone about all the thousands of other ways the police scam and set up westerners, that way you'll achieve a far higher paranoia rating!

What a crock!!

why does the story say allegedly? he was shot in front of many police witnesses coffee1.gif

Because a Thai wouldn't do such a thing. He must have been possessed by evil spirits.

Because a Thai wouldn't do such a thing. He must have been possessed by evil foreign spirits.

Where is the value of a life in Thailand? Such a stupid thing to kill someone for and these are the people who are paid to protect others. When will the Gov realize they need to find people who want to be in the police who really care and want to help others and value truth and justice and life and order.

Last year there was a wedding party in the village that we used to live in in thre countryside of Ubon. A 14 year old kid from another village came to the party with a couple of friends. He didn't like the face of a local 12 year old kid so he shot him in the head in front of everyone there.

(In this context "face" as in the Thai version of face.)

I still cannot believe it and I only saw the kid a couple of times previously. Everyone else in the village soon moved on and it was never mentioned again.

Life doesn't have the same value or meaning in Thailand as we give it, or certainly not as much as I value it.

That is hardcore Isaan.

Where is the value of a life in Thailand? Such a stupid thing to kill someone for and these are the people who are paid to protect others. When will the Gov realize they need to find people who want to be in the police who really care and want to help others and value truth and justice and life and order.

Last year there was a wedding party in the village that we used to live in in thre countryside of Ubon. A 14 year old kid from another village came to the party with a couple of friends. He didn't like the face of a local 12 year old kid so he shot him in the head in front of everyone there.

(In this context "face" as in the Thai version of face.)

I still cannot believe it and I only saw the kid a couple of times previously. Everyone else in the village soon moved on and it was never mentioned again.

Life doesn't have the same value or meaning in Thailand as we give it, or certainly not as much as I value it.

That is hardcore Isaan.

It run here some mentally disabled persons around freely.

It is not excluded that some end up in the police service.

R.I.P.

Edited by tomacht8

When it involves the BiB, any opportunity is a good opportunity. But in their favour, they have much nicer uniforms than I did in England.

When it involves the BiB, any opportunity is a good opportunity. But in their favour, they have much nicer uniforms than I did in England.

When you get so paranoid your best defence is probably to leave Thailand.

Assuming your right and they were all armed and trained. Have you considered either a) They drew straws for who rid them of an unpopular boss, or B) and my monies on B) they were all waiting to observe some bizarre revelation that would give them the lucky number in the lottery. Possibly related to the number of shots fired.

I do not get the Thai bashing on this murder.

Correct where I'm mistaken. USA is the mass murder western country at present. Due to you could buy mk16 from Walmart. Mind you my country , AU , holds world record for mass killing. Port Arthur.

There are USA cops currently on murder charges for killing folk. There are daily killings of disgruntled employees.

What's the problem with TV they load up on Thailand about this.

One early post ....sounding like the usual swat expert ...suggests the other police should have been able to do something. Perhaps if he or any of us were in room with bang bang......check your knickers. Perhaps brownish

Edited by jacksam