Why do so many farang buy property in their wifes name?

because she different !!!! and because he lover with all his heart her he automatically believes she LOVES him despite the 30 years plus different in age.

I've told so many of these fools in the past not to do that only for them to say I was right 5 or 10 years later when they have lost it all. som nam na

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please take into consideration that not everyone marries a prostitute (or a former prostitute). There's a life outside bars.

Like in other countries, there are local people having good education (studied abroad as well), good family background and good jobs.

Too funny (or too sad) how some foreigners think about Thai people.

You're forgetting that for many the buying of a house is part of the deal. For example, said foreigner 50+ gets to marry said woman 20 years younger if said farang buys a house for here/her family and pays a monthly stipend to take care of said woman's kids. In return he gets to fondle a young woman every night, and someone to cook and clean up after him as he ages. This probably works quite well, until the woman realises she doesn't need to be fondled anymore to keep the house, car and any money she's saved up, and that she doesn't need to wait on him hand and foot, or be nice to him anymore. And so the problems begin...

Why do so many Farangs worry about what other Farangs are doing instead of just getting on with their own lives.

Why do so many Farangs

Why do so many Farangs......giggle.gif

sounds like the OP hit a nerve here, obviously your married and the house is in the wife's name cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

because she different !!!! and because he lover with all his heart her he automatically believes she LOVES him despite the 30 years plus different in age.

I've told so many of these fools in the past not to do that only for them to say I was right 5 or 10 years later when they have lost it all. som nam na

These derogatory comments about age show that you are still imprisoned by the feminist diktat of the West.giggle.gif
It might be time to release you.

whistling.gif It may seem strange to you....but if you are married and have offspring with your Thai wife you may want them to have a future after you pass away.

Some people may have lived with a Thai wife for 30 or 40 years.... and actually care for and love her and their children.

A million Baht providing for them a place to live after you pass away is a good choice....the money will mean absolutely nothing to you once you pass away anyhow.

You came into this world naked, without a procession to your name, and covered in slime....you will probably go out of this world the same way.

Caring for someone, doesn't mean they care for you.

No matter how much you delude yourself.

A million bhat? good luck finding a woman that will settle for a house worth that little these days.

Not to mention, I would like to ensure I don't leave this world early, shortly after spending 10Mbht on a house for a woman.

I love and care about ME.

And I know that love is true!

Karma can be such a bitch!

Good luck! You're gonna need it with that attitude!

Edited by awayego

Because they cant buy the property in their own name.

Divorce rates are high in the west too. Where would you prefer to be divorced?

+1...As long as the percent of one's total wealth is small, then the risk is also small if the relationship goes bad. In the USA, many will pay more in divorce lawyers fees, then they will lose in buying a small house here.

My second wife the one I have now,I had to talk into letting me buy a house in her name. I wanted the house so I could be busy doing things in the yard and painting and up keep. She was happy in townhouse. I also feel for the little it costs to buy here why be concerned about the money. When a man gets married he should take care of his wife and family. Being a good husband and family man is in my mind always a good thing. Have to remember thais donot have a safety net so when a man cares for a woman he takes care of her not hard to figure that out. Most guys donot spend more on a house here than they would on a good car back home. In a real relationship a man should easily be able to offer the price of a good car for security for his wife in the future. If western women were happy with low maintenane like a thai women is maybe a lot of guys wouldnot be here.

One reason, its easier to get your Wife/Partner a Tourist Visa for visiting other countries, as this is one of the stipulations that other Countries ask...

So, its easier, if the wife/partner has property means that she/he has a good reason to come back to ''Thailand''...

So you not only give her money and property in Thailand,

But you empower her to claim your assets in your home country.

Brilliant, completely brilliant!

Only if you have been officially married, (Paper married as the Thais sometimes call it). A tradidition Thai wedding only, is not recognised elsewhere, not even as a DeFacto marriage.(Thailand do not recogise DeFacto marrages).

A claim on your overseas assets by a wife you have officially married can be done, irigardless of her nationality. Thai or anywhere else.At least Thailand gives foreigners this unofficial marriage option that many other countries don't. If your intention was just to do some Thai knocking, i hope I didn't spoil your day.

One reason, its easier to get your Wife/Partner a Tourist Visa for visiting other countries, as this is one of the stipulations that other Countries ask...

So, its easier, if the wife/partner has property means that she/he has a good reason to come back to ''Thailand''...

Why do so many Farangs worry about what other Farangs are doing instead of just getting on with their own lives.

Why do so many Farangs

Why do so many Farangs......giggle.gif

sounds like the OP hit a nerve here, obviously your married and the house is in the wife's name cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Actually, married 12 years, one son, and ALL 3 Houses plus 10 Rai of land is in my wifes name, making a nice income, thanks for mentioning it.thumbsup.gifwai.gifsmile.png

You're forgetting that for many the buying of a house is part of the deal. For example, said foreigner 50+ gets to marry said woman 20 years younger if said farang buys a house for here/her family and pays a monthly stipend to take care of said woman's kids. In return he gets to fondle a young woman every night, and someone to cook and clean up after him as he ages. This probably works quite well, until the woman realises she doesn't need to be fondled anymore to keep the house, car and any money she's saved up, and that she doesn't need to wait on him hand and foot, or be nice to him anymore. And so the problems begin...

What a jaundiced view of relationships. Such a relationship with any woman in the world would be doomed to failure sooner or later.

It is important to know yourself, your wants and needs before committing to any long term relationship. It is important to have reached a safe place of mutual trust too.

If you only think about costs then renting is the best option for you but kindly do not deceive a gf into thinking there is any substance to your relationship.

Rent a fresh partner at least weekly.

BTW, a formal Thai marriage automatically includes a prenup, you are asked if there is any property that is to be excluded from the marriage contract.

A Thai divorce is generally much less expensive than a western one, but who starts off a marriage with such high concerns that it will not last?

Don't rush and Choose with the large head please!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe they want to leave their Wife a home and a bit of security when they kick the bucket rather than being kicked out on the street because they have not paid the rent.

Seems logical to me.

Thank you for your post LB...I am here quite a long time and have a house in a company name. I do have a "Will" drawn up that leaves everything to "she who must be obeyed" but of late I am getting these very strong feelings that maybe that is not enough. If I really have her welfare at heart maybe it's time to take that final step and make it hers. If for no other reason than to give her pride and dignity and a feeling of success in this life, she comes from a very poor background and is deserving of having something to feel good about (even if it's only to impress her friends). I love seeing her tell them about our house that we remodeled together.

The way I see it, I've had lots of "good fortune" in my lifetime....preceded by a "hell on earth existence" so I can identify with these feelings and emotions. I am gone past my mid-sixties now and she is touching the fifties mark so it's time to hand over the mantle of "bearer of the blessings".

Also, because I believe that all my "good fortune" came from a Power greater than myself, I see all I have today as just a "loan on a daily basis" from that same HP. I feel now he/she/it is saying to me to let somebody else have a chance.

If she were to leave me the very next day it would leave me with very little but I have absolutely no doubt that my "needs" would be well and truly take care of....GB all.

Please take into consideration that not everyone marries a prostitute (or a former prostitute). There's a life outside bars.

Like in other countries, there are local people having good education (studied abroad as well), good family background and good jobs.

Too funny (or too sad) how some foreigners think about Thai people.

You forget Fab5BKK that this is the Thai Visa forum.

A large portion of members here have no cognition of 'a life outside bars', or indeed any capacity to perceive anything beyond their own ingrained bigoted beliefs.

Sometimes it's funny, sometimes sad, ultimately it's just tedious.

Thats like a candle burning itself from both ends..eh?

It seems that one or two of the posters here have forgotten that guys marry girls/ladies for love and to spend their lives together. If you don't agree with that then just don't get married but don't deride those who make their own choice.

A relationship is an agreement between two people (typically) and when those principles behind that agreement are no longer in place, the agreement is broken.
It doesn't have to be a huge emotionally charged event like so many turn into.
That's why marriages are, IMO, a religious charade.

My offer to any woman that I may have feelings for and wants me to "take care of her" is this. She obtains the loan or cash for the home. While we are together I will pay the mortgage, utilities and food and I will give her 100% emotionally and financially. When the relationship is over, she's on her own.

I am sorry, but to hand over 10 million baht to build a house, buy land or whatever for someone you care about is a financial disaster and a stupid emotional mistake. IMO.
Nothing lasts forever... yes, we want it to and we hope it will and think it will, but sheet happens and in this country irrational thinking and easy come easy go is all too common.

No offense to those of you that have taken that plunge and I know a lot of you are happy well into it and I'm happy for you and I hope it works to the end for you.

I think my offer is reasonable. Like buy a stock. I buy it based on fundamentals, not emotions... and if or when the thesis turns south and the company goes down the crapper I'm out.

Maybe they want to leave their Wife a home and a bit of security when they kick the bucket rather than being kicked out on the street because they have not paid the rent.

Seems logical to me.

Or kicked out on the street after they bought her a house.......?

Security for the wife..but not for themselves...?

I don't see the logic.

I want my wife's time with me to be remembered as a sort of golden age of leisure, luxury and prosperity.

When I'm dead she gets nothing, will be out on the street, and poor as a church mouse.

Give her too much,

and she will be glad for you to go ASAP, whining about how you lived far too long, and shacked up with a younger Thai guy the day after they burn you. (seen this scenario play out twice in Doi Saket, and I only lived there a year)

This I call LOGIC!

Edited by Nowisee

I wish I had a £ for every story mostly true as I know the people about Farangs buying houses in their partners name, family moving in and the next thing you know he is on the street. One Thai lady, married 10 years sold the house never told her husband next the new owner asks him to leave. Another one is when the Farang lost the house, hired a JCB and demolished it. Of course there are the happily married couple but I think they are in the minority. I would never dream of buying a property here, renting gives you more options and you can always leave your partner money.

Difficult one, I can see it from both sides, I knew a Thai woman that was with a Farang for years, her youthful years, he rented, left her for some young girl he met in a bar, she had nothing but the rent to pay and was 40 years old, then again I also have known Farang to build houses and it has been a set up from the start, he was only ever going to build the house, that was his job, the family moved in and he eventually was driven out, but not in a bad way where he could divorce her on some grounds, he left, wasn't kicked out, but he was living such a bad existence he walked away from everything, then her brother moved in with her the rest of the family went back to their shacks.

Then again, when you meet a girl in a bar 30 years your junior, she ain't after your body, and most Farangs meet girls in a bar, yes I know, like drink driving, ThaiVisa members are different, but the truth is they are not, unless you came here a young man, the chances are you met in a bar and she is considerably younger than you.

All you had to offer her was security, she took it, nothing wrong with that, Rod Stewart, Hugh Hefner, Mel Gibson Mick Jagger etc etc....do the same type of thing with young white girls, not much difference really.

Glad I arrived a young man.

Thats like a candle burning itself from both ends..eh?

It seems that one or two of the posters here have forgotten that guys marry girls/ladies for love and to spend their lives together. If you don't agree with that then just don't get married but don't deride those who make their own choice.

These type of threads provide a pretty candid insight into those guys who as someone mentioned earlier, rocked up spreading cash around and married from a bar, and those who have lived for years, explored the culture and the language etc.

I don't want to criticise anyones life choices, but it becomes irritating when all these badly burned types tar the entire nation as thieves just because of their own poor choices and character judgement.

Edited by Rykbanlor

Because their brain dead and too arrogant to learn out of others mistakes....

what kind of mistakes ?

soon after get married, start to go all days enjoyng thais beers or whiskies , come back home drunk and then go by night to karaoké doing the same, and this everyday ?

having arrogant thought that your thai wife should appréciate such behavior/everyday life though you give her a pitance (besides let build a home in her name) ?

Edited by silverado

Seems logical to

Having graduated from University with an International JD it doesn't' seem logical to me at all.

I wanted to design my own house and get it built. I wanted a 'hobby farm' to potter around in. This was one of my dreams for retirement. I've been able to do it in Thailand for about $150,000 AUS. I could never afford the equivalent in Australia, not would it be possible to keep the exotic pets and other things you can do in Thailand. So it is a lifestyle choice for me. I don't expect to get my money back, but I might be able to create my own little bit of paradise. It would all just be a dream if I was back in Australia.

Edited by Stevemercer