Why do so many farang buy property in their wifes name?

All this can be sumed up in one sentence in the end.

My money, my decision, my life, my wife.

Endex

And in 1 years time will have a thread which would be summed up

I was taken by my ex wife and have nothing left, what actions can i take?laugh.png

Not by me it won't.

Heard that and much more confident statements beforethumbsup.gif

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Endex

I was taken by my ex wife and have nothing left, what actions can i take?laugh.png

Not by me it won't.

Misery loves company, that is why there are so many negative posts on this thread.

Endex

Not by me it won't.

Heard that and much more confident statements beforethumbsup.gif

I hope you can hold your breath for a long time waiting for me then.

16 years of marriage to my Thai wife this year plus a 12 year old dual nationality son as well.

I only read the first page on this topic.

1: When I go 6 feet under, my wife & son will get the house.

2: I trust my wife, she is not a tattooed ex hooker I picked up in a bar somewhere.

3: I/we can decorate the house/land as we want (and we do/did), it's very nice now man but will keep on making small improvements over the coming years. In a rented house not nice to spend big money on improvements.

4: Well if she wants a divorce, I don't give a shit about the house but will fight her with all I can muster for control over my son.

5: I currently work in a business/industry where I have to make some hard dissensions sometimes, buying a house here was not a hard one.

6: Item 4, very very unlikely, see item 5.

smile.pngwai2.gif

I do not see what all the fuss is about I bought my first wife a home (she never worked during our 25 year marriage) she left me the courts gave her half, what is the difference with here or anywhere else in the world?

Yes I am lucky now my Thai wife bought our home, and she came home yesterday with a surprise she had just bought another 14 rai of land from her auntie, again her money not mine, not all Thai lady's are out to make a quick buck out of western men.

I must be a lucky man too.... We've just had a 3 bedroom house built for when I retire.... The deal between me and her was I'd pay the deposit if she was willing to pay the mortgage.... She agreed. House cost 2.5 Million built to our spec.

She took on a 2 Million Baht mortgage and to pay for it found a second job and not once has she complained. I retire in 7 years and the mortgage just about paid off so we will be able to live comfortably on my pension plus we have somewhere to stay on our trips to Thailand.

As for when I die, my daughter is the main benefactor, but my wife will be taken care of.

• 5 weeks later...

Op quote:

"Divorce rates are high. Sometimes love can be short term.Trying to sell house or land in Thailand is not easy. Why would anyone do it when one can rent quite cheaply in Thailand. Please explain."

If you only want to rent a house, then why not only rent a wife? why marry?

​A rental is only that, a rental, an investment implies commitment, and ownership.

Would you want to built a beautiful garden in a rental house where you might be in after a few months? How much emotion and commitment will you invest in a rental marriage?

Edited by sirineou