Hooters Bangkok to open this month

Jonathan Fairfield

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought i'd make a visit today as its Happy Hour all day Sunday and the Man Utd v Man City derby. The happy hour beer pump was broken and come KO no have Manchester game??

Hooters may have big........TV's to draw you in..but there's nothing to see.

I am hearing that the new Hooters location on Soi 4 (ex. Golden Bar) is scheduled to be opening in December. Just in time for peak season. I wonder if it will somewhat open air or an entirely inclosed space (?) but for sure I don't see the beer prices going over big with the usual Nana crowd.

SunLover

Katoeys..or are the hooters authentic?

The lady on the left is authentic. She is the mother of my good friends daughter, who is 14 years old. smile.png

She also appears to have only one leg.

God, you must be right about that, I count only 11 feet. I'm catching up with her the week after next. It will be interesting to see a legless hooter. biggrin.png

11 feet ? how many have you had ? There are 12 feet but 7 girls. Is the ladyboy Bob.

Thought i'd make a visit today as its Happy Hour all day Sunday and the Man Utd v Man City derby. The happy hour beer pump was broken and come KO no have Manchester game??

I am hearing that the new Hooters location on Soi 4 (ex. Golden Bar) is scheduled to be opening in December. Just in time for peak season. I wonder if it will somewhat open air or an entirely inclosed space (?) but for sure I don't see the beer prices going over big with the usual Nana crowd.

SunLover

And still no-one has been able to say what the prices are like, has anyone actually been there?

SunLover

And still no-one has been able to say what the prices are like, has anyone actually been there?

I ate at the soi 15 branch last week. Nornal restaurant prices for drinks but over-priced burgers, wings, nachos. Good service, lots of TVs for sports and a lively crowd.

SunLover

I ate at the soi 15 branch last week. Nornal restaurant prices for drinks but over-priced burgers, wings, nachos. Good service, lots of TVs for sports and a lively crowd.

Does the food quality reflect the higher prices?

The lady on the left is authentic. She is the mother of my good friends daughter, who is 14 years old. smile.png

God, you must be right about that, I count only 11 feet. I'm catching up with her the week after next. It will be interesting to see a legless hooter. biggrin.png

She used to work for a competitor, Hoppers.

If you've ever eaten in any Hooters, anywhere....you already know the answer to that question.

Most of us Europeans haven't so kindly enlighten us.

Most of the food on the menu is of average quality at best, including their wings. The wings are prepared with a thick breading - best to order them "naked" so that only the wing itself is deep fried, sans breading. In the US, the salads are okay but tough to know if they'd be prepared with the same ingredients in Thailand (likely not).

In all instances, the food is priced at what I'd describe as "above market average", as are prices at most of the other establishments in the breastaurant category. (Google "Twin Peaks restaurant")

If you've ever eaten in any Hooters, anywhere....you already know the answer to that question.

The category is called fast casual dining in the US. Nothing special. Average grub not really worth a premium price. You are basically paying for the atmosphere ala the Hard Rock Cafe chain.

SL

As a Brit I was a Hooters virgin. To answer your question, no the quality of the food did not reflect the higher prices. Big portions, but I've had better burgers, fries, onion rings in many Bangkok restaurants.

Caught up with her the other day, all legs are intact, thank god

Quality of the food is fair to mediocre, although I had a blackened shark burger and a clam chowder and they were surprisingly pretty damn good... the curly fries, although sucked. That plus 3 absolut sodas cost me THB1200 which included 7% GST and 10% service charge

SunLover

"Nornal restaurant prices for drinks..."

Thanks, we're getting nearer! So what is a "normal" restaurant price for a local bottled beer, 120B, 180B, 240B...? More to the point, what's the price for local bottled beer in Hooters, Soi 15, does anyone actually know?

A "lively crowd", that sounds ominous, could you enlarge on that.?

SunLover

Thanks, we're getting nearer! So what is a "normal" restaurant price for a local bottled beer, 120B, 180B, 240B...? More to the point, what's the price for local bottled beer in Hooters, Soi 15, does anyone actually know?

150-180 for a bottle of beer.

Lively expat suited men on the start of a night out. Much like a City bar in a London. Horrible.

So the food in Hooters is identical in every restaurant worldwide? Just for the benefit of some of the more deprived of us here, what is the answer to Smokie36's question, do you know?

Most of the food on the menu is of average quality at best, including their wings. The wings are prepared with a thick breading - best to order them "naked" so that only the wing itself is deep fried, sans breading. In the US, the salads are okay but tough to know if they'd be prepared with the same ingredients in Thailand (likely not).

In all instances, the food is priced at what I'd describe as "above market average", as are prices at most of the other establishments in the breastaurant category. (Google "Twin Peaks restaurant")

So you don't know anything about the price/quality in Bangkok Hooters then, right?

The 14 year old daughter must be so proud!

why wouldn't she be? we cant all be judgmental prigs who struggle to come up with the price of an ale.

why there is one poster on here who apparently eats at tony roma's any time he wants. Oh the privilege.

The category is called fast casual dining in the US. Nothing special. Average grub not really worth a premium price. You are basically paying for the atmosphere ala the Hard Rock Cafe chain.

SL

This thread is about Bangkok Hooters, not US dining for god's sake.

150-180 for a local beer??? on Soi 15!!!

Well you will find me in the Black Swan instead where the beers are 100 Baht all day long for a PINT...not a bottle and I know the food is of good quality and likely half the price also.

Backside....door hittin' ya Hooters.

150-180 for a bottle of beer.

Lively expat suited men on the start of a night out. Much like a City bar in a London. Horrible.

Thanks, an (approximate) answer at last! I'll go tonight and find out for myself.

The high food prices are more than likely required to cover the cost of the augmentations smile.png

I'm sure you're trying to hide your disapproval of attractive Thai women under a cloak of (very weak) humour but that comment really makes you sound like the type of bitter, envious western woman we know and love so much. Have you been there?

Well you will find me in the Black Swan instead where the beers are 100 Baht all day long for a PINT...not a bottle and I know the food is of good quality and likely half the price also.

Black Swan have reduced their food prices since the move, then?

Black Swan have reduced their food prices since the move, then?

NopeI'm just expecting Hooters to be high end on their food and ++ as well.