Unable to sleep, woman commits suicide jumping from Bangkok condo

webfact

Unable to sleep, woman commits suicide jumping from Bangkok condo

cra1.jpg
Photo: Khaosod.co.th

Handwritten note suggests woman driven to suicide due to insomnia

BANGKOK:-- At 03:15 am on September 10th, Jirapha Rangsit, 40, was found dead on the side of the street outside of her apartment building in Lam Luk Ka, Pathum Thani.

Local police were was called to the scene after eyewitnesses reported seeing a woman jump from a 8 storey condo building, reports Khaosod.

Ms. Jirapha was found with an open wound on her skull, as well as a 2 inch long gash on her forearm and a broken left leg.

Police later found that the woman's apartment was locked from the inside and could not find any trace of forced entry or anything to suggest that anyone else lived with her at the address.

Upon further investigation, police also found a handwritten suicide note, which according to police, the woman had written about no longer being able to deal with insomnia and battling with eating disorders.

Police also found drug capsules within the apartment, which have been sent for forensic examination.

The woman's body has been sent to Siriraj Hospital is to determine her cause of death.

Source: Khaosod

tvn.png
-- 2015-09-10

I always find it interesting that when it is reported that a person committed suicide, it brings out the witty comments. Somewhere, someone, perhaps in her family is grieving her loss and wondering why it had to be her.

Actually rather a sad end.

And on a lighter note Mr Little White Lies is playing to his Facebook audience.whistling.gif

Nice to see a thread started off with some sensitive caring comments.

Oh wait......

Given time Bp, and the insensitive and not-so-caring comments will flow. Unfortunately these topics bring out the worst of the lowlife posters.

Having had a close relative commit suicide years ago I really do not appreciate those stupid comments but I don't report them as there are too many of them.

Nice to see a thread started off with some sensitive caring comments.

Oh wait......

Given time Bp, and the insensitive and not-so-caring comments will flow. Unfortunately these topics bring out the worst of the lowlife posters.

Having had a close relative commit suicide years ago I really do not appreciate those stupid comments but I don't report them as there are too many of them.

Thankfully the two posts I responded to have been removed.

Hasn't she ever heard of sleeping pills?

Superb advice, Captain Obvious. They don't necessarily work on severe insomnia!

Easy on the newbies. They have very few posts. Give them a chance they are still honing their skills or is it cutting their baby teeth? Sleeping pills can become addictive or so the doctor says before he writes me a prescription. If she was able to answer I think we would find there is more than poor sleeping behind her jumping. May she now find eternal peace.

Edited by elgordo38

Nobody can know what was in the Mind of this Young lady, Hope she rests in peace, I suffer from a form of insomnia, I was given sleeping pills at the age of 8 years old becasue i never slept, I now only need 4/5 hours sleep, My average day is about 19 hours. It does change your attitude sometimes makes you angry, short tempered, and sometimes just rude to people, probably this young ladys mind was in one of these places when she made her fateful decision , Not think straight, RIP to her.

Noise can be a real problem here, neighbors shouting, and TV's at full blast. The town where I am living has those loudspeakers on top of poles all over. At 5.45am [it is still dark] they start blaring out music followed by some idiot giving a daily news roundup for 20 minutes. The deafening volume is intended to penetrate walls and it does. It just seems cruel and brainless to me. if it's an overactive mind that stops you sleeping, Ativan works for me every time.

I'm a light sleeper, did you ever hear that.

i'm one of those, yes i know of sleeping

tablets, they scare the pants out of me, i

once took my mums sleeping pill, i slept

for 2 days straight, sometimes i feel like

crying, it's 4am, i have to be somewher

at a 9am meeting and i'm wide awake,

i do know what that woman was going

through and i wouldn't wish it on my

worst enemy,, ps, if you ever hear of

anyone entering a career of work

where it's necessary to stay awake at

night, do them a favour, talk them out

of it, in my case, radio jok doing mid

night to 5am shift, money was great

buy my sleep corrupt.

I think this lady should be thanked as well as mourned. Mental health issues are terrible things, and many people with them end up killing other people, often there nearest and dearest. And sometimes random strangers. This poor lady only took her own life. For that she should be commended.

Everywhere one can read that 'everything is on sale in Thailand' except when one really needs the right medication, medication is banned, black listed or completely forbidden.

Even pretnizon an inflammation killer is ,when prescribed good for 7 years in jail.

Insomnia is a decease, many times a result of ptsd or related illnesses....doctors prescribe a sleeping pil for a week and then shut the door,citing....KOTMAI...or the Law!

Myths can kill!

As she also battled with anorexia, seems like the insomnia was likely a symptom of more serious illness.

RIP to the poor girl, but hopefully her tragic death can be a warning sign for others to take mental health seriously and not hide it away. It is still very much a taboo but I really hope for Thailand that mental health is openly talked about and dealt with. Just like the physical body can break so can the brain.

There is nothing to be ashamed of and many mental illnesses can be dealt with so you are able to live a well functioning life. Yes it can be a battle, but don't let a mental illness win over you.

I'm a light sleeper, did you ever hear that.

i'm one of those, yes i know of sleeping

tablets, they scare the pants out of me, i

once took my mums sleeping pill, i slept

for 2 days straight, sometimes i feel like

crying, it's 4am, i have to be somewher

at a 9am meeting and i'm wide awake,

i do know what that woman was going

through and i wouldn't wish it on my

worst enemy,, ps, if you ever hear of

anyone entering a career of work

where it's necessary to stay awake at

night, do them a favour, talk them out

of it, in my case, radio jok doing mid

night to 5am shift, money was great

buy my sleep corrupt.

I suffered with insomnia from an early age (as far back as I can remember) up until the age of 48 yo.

I went to a health food shop in QLD and asked if they had anything for psoriasis and the lady suggested I try Olive Leaf Extract.

Bought a 300ml bottle, 10 ml a day for 30 days. Did nothing for the psoriasis but I was sleeping like a log every night.

I would recommend it to anyone who suffered from that terrible ailment. It really does work. thumbsup.gif