Conservative Thai actress accuses Redshirt of sabotaging her image

webfact

Conservative Actress Accuses Redshirt of Sabotaging her Image
By Khaosod English

14418716261441871754l.jpg
Sinjai Plengpanich and her actor husband Chatchai Plengpanich files a criminal complaint today at the Technology Crime Division in Bangkok. Photo: Matichon

BANGKOK -- An actress and avid supporter of the Yellowshirt movement filed a criminal complaint today against a Redshirt supporter, alleging he fabricated inflammatory quotes disparaging "low class" Redshirts in her name.

Sinjai Plengpanich filed the complaint at the Technology Crime Division today against a Facebook user called Tanawit Kalanthopkan, accusing him of posting statements falsely attributed to her.

I decided to press charges because that message has damaged my reputation, and I want to explain the truth, Sinjai said.

According to screenshots Sinjai provided to police as evidence, Tanawit posted a photo of her and added a fake quote to it.

"The movie that I make is for educated people with class," it said. "Its not for low class people, especially northeasterners and the Redshirts. From a celebrity who supports PCAD and NCPO, Sinjai.

PCAD is the acronym of the Peoples Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State, the latest incarnation of the Yellowshirt movement that organized anti-government protests from November 2013 to May 2014, while NCPO refers to the National Council for Peace and Order, the military junta that seized power from the Redshirt-backed government in May 2014.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441871626

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-10

Now actors/esses are jumping on the defamation band wagon.

Just waiting for the bimbo actress who ran into a parked police car killing him, refusing to be interviewed and sh#@ing herself at the accident scene to sue the deceased for parking in a position where her reputation has been harmed because she ran into him.

Not sure her image could get any worse really, I think pretty much everyone knows who and what she is. including those she supports, many of whom are not completely stupid.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then it's probably a duck. And hearing it protest that its really a swan doesn't make very much of a difference.

Having made your bed lady, you'd best get used to lying in it.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

Just waiting for the bimbo actress who ran into a parked police car killing him, refusing to be interviewed and sh#@ing herself at the accident scene to sue the deceased for parking in a position where her reputation has been harmed because she ran into him.

She has every right to sue for defamation if what is being attributed to her is a falsification.

The above is attached to the first sentence in your post. The second paragraph left me scratching my head.

She has every right to sue for defamation if what is being attributed to her is a falsification.

The above is attached to the first sentence in your post. The second paragraph left me scratching my head.

Indeed, she has every right. Her problem is proving she didn't say something. Even proving she said something different doesn't mean she didn't say the alleged words at some other time. Can't prove a negative.

I suspect she's making a play for the sympathy vote and a bit of free publicity. The latter seems to have worked already. Good luck with the former it you've ever been in a Thai production.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

"The movie that I make is for educated people with class," it said. "Its not for low class people, especially northeasterners and the Redshirts. From a celebrity who supports PCAD and NCPO, Sinjai.

I think the sentence says everything and she is just another elite that loves to divide the country of course she mentioned the people of Isaan but not the Northern Thais. I remember her from Air America but she has nothing to do with a conservative actor accept for one movie "The Legend of Suriyothai".

Her hubby seems to be very successful as an actor in Thailand.

Indeed, she has every right. Her problem is proving she didn't say something. Even proving she said something different doesn't mean she didn't say the alleged words at some other time. Can't prove a negative.

I suspect she's making a play for the sympathy vote and a bit of free publicity. The latter seems to have worked already. Good luck with the former it you've ever been in a Thai production.

I would have thought his problem is that he's alleged she said something and he probably won't be able to prove it.

She doesn't have to prove anything.

If there is no evidence she said the words she wins.

Quite rightly as well.

There are pictures around spread by pro-red sites that contains the face of the second bombing suspect in a picture where Suthep is trying to portray Suthep and the bombing suspect as knowing each other.

I saw one of these on FB. It is obviously a photoshop job, with the head of the suspect grafted onto the body of someone at a Suthep rally.

Just so much flotsam and jetsam of the online world.

Come on, your post has no credibility or logic of any sort - but I guess it keeps your post count up.

Come on, your post has no credibility or logic of any sort - but I guess it keeps your post count up.

Perhaps you assume I'm interested in the same criteria for success and feeling good about myself that you are... 'credibility' like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Logic I fear is probably as bit over your head.

Jog on though, keep the scorecard...

Edited by Jon Wetherall

I would have thought his problem is that he's alleged she said something and he probably won't be able to prove it.

Perhaps. I guess we'll all see from the relative comfort of our lounge rooms.

Not sure her image could get any worse really, I think pretty much everyone knows who and what she is. including those she supports, many of whom are not completely stupid.

If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck then it's probably a duck. And hearing it protest that its really a swan doesn't make very much of a difference.

So you have no problems with someone making slanderous statements on social media then?

Unless of course they happen to be about the faction you support.

Perhaps you assume I'm interested in the same criteria for success and feeling good about myself that you are... 'credibility' like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Logic I fear is probably as bit over your head.

Jog on though, keep the scorecard...

I don't think your rapid post count is the least bit connected to a desire to push your post count up.

It's connected to a much different desire altogether.

I think the sentence says everything and she is just another elite that loves to divide the country of course she mentioned the people of Isaan but not the Northern Thais. I remember her from Air America but she has nothing to do with a conservative actor accept for one movie "The Legend of Suriyothai".

Her hubby seems to be very successful as an actor in Thailand.

May Ling (Air America) is looking ruff these days.

She was hot in that movie though.

Ha ha - what a great comment. Because she admits she is a yellow shirt, it is fine that some red-shirt posted lies in her name eh ?. She deserves it right ?. clap2.gif

And I can see someone else quacking like a duck - a big, dirty red one.

And this big, red duck which seems only capable of juvenile rhetoric hidden in poorly attempted sarcasm is quacking a lot.

Very interesting. It seems she is indeed a yellow-shirt - but she admitted that already.

So I take it that in your clumsy attempt to slander her image with unrelated bumf, you too think it is OK that some red-shirt posted lies in her name do you ?.

You people are a class act.

Opinion of red shirts = unchanged.

Very interesting. It seems she is indeed a yellow-shirt - but she admitted that already.

So I take it that in your clumsy attempt to slander her image with unrelated bumf, you too think it is OK that some red-shirt posted lies in her name do you ?.

You people are a class act.

Opinion of red shirts = unchanged.

Not at all. These are all articles containing her name directly. She went on stage with the yellow shirt.

Doesn't mean she's the devil, but provides some context at least. Yingluk govt banned one of her soap operas. Adds a bit more context.

It's not as though some weirdo red shirt guy just slandered a random actress.

Of course you might know who she is, but alas I don't follow Thai soap operas since reality is so much more entertaining....

She doesn't have to prove anything.

If there is no evidence she said the words she wins.

Quite rightly as well.

Even if she did say it she can still have him for defamation, this is Thailand and therefore ridiculous.

There are pictures around spread by pro-red sites that contains the face of the second bombing suspect in a picture where Suthep is trying to portray Suthep and the bombing suspect as knowing each other.

Big deal!!! there are also picture's spread around of Thaksin and his son but with the bombers photo head shot in an air port and sitting on a plane, you see them having a cry and law suites and charges? but there's been a lot of that rubbish for years floating about.

This could be seen as FREE publicity..........................................

Ha ha - what a great comment. Because she admits she is a yellow shirt, it is fine that some red-shirt posted lies in her name eh ?. She deserves it right ?. clap2.gif

And I can see someone else quacking like a duck - a big, dirty red one.

And this big, red duck which seems only capable of juvenile rhetoric hidden in poorly attempted sarcasm is quacking a lot.

If the comment is made and claimed as a direct quote, then she has every right to file charges, but if its simply a sentence tagged to a photo, then good luck with that.

As for "a big, dirty red one."

"And this big, red duck which seems only capable of juvenile rhetoric hidden in poorly attempted sarcasm is quacking a lot".

I read your dirty red's and red terrorists, red murderers and alike comments here often EJ and it's this kind of SNOT that keeps dividing the country.

Try attempting a little non bias for a change and comment just as harshly when it's a yellow bomb throwing murderer, reckon ya won't but hey you've been pulled up on this before huhwhistling.gif

So you have no problems with someone making slanderous statements on social media then?

Unless of course they happen to be about the faction you support.

If the statement was added by A.N Other then she has every right to set the picture straight, and seek legal remedies if appropriate.I have no reason to disbelieve her.

However on a more general point, the comments as reported are EXACTLY the kind of thing that used to appear very frequently on the many Sino Thai middle class social media pages esp Facebook - and in many cases a great deal worse.Also at Sondhi and PAD rallies.

I'm not sure there is anything libellous or slanderious about being called "low class" if it's just a reference to social/income group.Most of us in that sense come from low class background.

If low class is however meant to refer to vulgar, boastful,vain,vapid, cultureless idiots I'm afraid one is more likely to find these in a Bangkok shopping mall than in a North Eastern village.

As Jayboy said, she has all the legal rights to seek legal redress, but doubt that would save her image especially from the Reds, Thaksin supporters and those who support democracy. She is big PDRC supporter, notable for her anti-Thaksin views and recently lashed out at the 3 fingered salute. Even if she win the case, her image will be etched by the actions she took.

I still find the whole defamation thing like two children saying :"my dad is bigger than yours" it is childish. running off to a court because some one has(allegedly) said something about you. Have they heard of the sticks and stones. If she is actively campaigning for a political side then she should be ready for some ' mud slinging' or stop going public about her opinions. Grow up.