Austrian man found hanged in bathroom in Surin province

webfact

I am puzzled why foreigners choose flock to Thailand, when clearly the country doesn't tolerate them that well, especially when the money runs out.

Could you tell me a country that would be thrilled to have me if I had no money? laugh.pngtongue.pngsmile.png
The UK provided your not British and claim to be a refugee

Austria as well, but only if he is Muslim....

Ah, a man dies because we don't know why and the end result is posts like this.

'Tis a strange world we live in.

another dodgy death in paradise he receives tens of thousands of baht from his home country which he said was welfare money and he commits suicide ? why it doesn't make sense .

You obviously know very little about suicide. Of course it does not make sense to you but it makes perfect sense to the person who is that low and depressed that taking one's own life is the only answer.

The money coming in from Austria means nothing. I bet there have been countless cases over the years of wealthy people taking their own lives.

another dodgy death in paradise he receives tens of thousands of baht from his home country which he said was welfare money and he commits suicide ? why it doesn't make sense .

You obviously know very little about suicide. Of course it does not make sense to you but it makes perfect sense to the person who is that low and depressed that taking one's own life is the only answer.

The money coming in from Austria means nothing. I bet there have been countless cases over the years of wealthy people taking their own lives.

I think you are wrong there... yes some wealthy take their lives as money is not an issue but MANY, very poor people in debt, take their lives because of money, debt etc.

The major point is that people don't take their lives to die, as such, but to end their suffering, pain and emotional trauma which 'maybe' caused by money or other 'causes'

Often a long term solution to a short term problem... unfortunately... RiP

No no no Mike it's because of Muslims in Austria, that drove him far enough to kill himself....so some TVF posters say...

Jesus wept!

His wife of 3 years didnt know what work he did !

Wow what a relationship

'He told her it was welfare money'

I wasnt referring where he got his money from, but the fact a wife of 3 years didnt know what her husband does or did for a living ...even if he was on disabilty surely the conversation of what he did for a living in the past must have been had in conversation during the proceeding 3 years

Normally the police here determine the cause the death by counting beer bottles or from a cursory examination of the contents of an ashtray. Perhaps there were no bottles or ashtrays so they reverted to the "signs of a struggle" method to come to their conclusion.

It would be interesting to know the movements of funds out of Mr Schaumberger's bank account both in recent days and in the coming few weeks.

Chiang Rai Times = "He told her it was welfare money.

However, he had received no money for over six months. This caused him a lot of stress as the family had debts amounting to several hundred of thousand baht from construction of the house, she said."

It s strange that so many European men suicide in LOS even though they have a generous welfare income topping up their ATM every month.

However, he had received no money for over six months. This caused him a lot of stress as the family had debts amounting to several hundred of thousand baht from construction of the house, she said."
Edited by ALFREDO

It s strange that so many European men suicide in LOS even though they have a generous welfare income topping up their ATM every month.

Maybe he thought he was about to get cut off. Austria may have thousands of Syrians to take care of soon so maybe Austria is doing some trimming.

Single males in their fifties are the most vulnerable. (wife doesnt count)

I don't know many fellows who are happy about their ATM top off each month.

Most seem to just get by...

Off shore workers seem to do OK..

Wow what a relationship

Read it again....it seems he didn't work anything.....in Austria you don't need to work....actually you are an idiot if you work, you are better of living from the social welfare....

-h90- Do not be so harsh.bah.gif

According to his facebook page, at least he,

had worked at MAN Austria Trucks and Buses Producer from 1983 - 2009. the circumstances of his retirement, or why he stopped to work are not known by me.

I contacted him brother? Possibly get to know more.

https://www.facebook.com/kurt.schaumberger

1013847_1511273642469260_152834286319992

Edited by ALFREDO

Maybe he thought he was about to get cut off. Austria may have thousands of Syrians to take care of soon so maybe Austria is doing some trimming.

Single males in their fifties are the most vulnerable. (wife doesnt count)

Do you have any evidence for your assertion the Austrian govt will cut back on benefits because of the refugees?

Or just more irrational fear-based hyperbole?

Before Austria is trimming the welfare they increase the tax for the working minority to 110 %

Well yes someone has to pay for all this

At the moment Austria is financing it with debts....but that works only as long as someone gives the money than we Austrians will make it the Greek way.....

Wow what a relationship

'He told her it was welfare money'

I wasnt referring where he got his money from, but the fact a wife of 3 years didnt know what her husband does or did for a living ...even if he was on disabilty surely the conversation of what he did for a living in the past must have been had in conversation during the proceeding 3 years

You would think so ...however I have lived here for 11 years now ..(shockingly) and only one person ever asked me what I did for work before coming here, and what my education is ...nobody yet!!

Because you are biased and afraid to accept reality?

How many times has TVF had threads detailing the extent of mental illness, chronic illness and general stupidity of foreigners?

Thailand is far more tolerant of foreign misfits than the foreigners' homelands.

Here's the reality, which many foreigners cannot believe: The proportion of mentally ill and chronically ill foreigners is significantly higher in Thailand than in the foreigners' homelands. The demographic segment is also skewed to older males. This is the demographic segment most likely to have death by misadventure, suicide or through slips,falls & accidents".

If the foreign (western) population of Thailand had the same characteristics of the west with appropriate representation by youth, women etc.m the incidence of mysterious deaths would not be unusual. What we have here is a concentration of people who are more likely to die by sudden death, suicide, accident etc.

In simple english, there is absolutely nothing unusual, or unexpected with these deaths. it would be unusual if we didn't see a more pronounced incidence, since Thailand is like a magnet for those most likely to die under these types of circumstances.

Because you are biased and afraid to accept reality?

How many times has TVF had threads detailing the extent of mental illness, chronic illness and general stupidity of foreigners?

Thailand is far more tolerant of foreign misfits than the foreigners' homelands.

Here's the reality, which many foreigners cannot believe: The proportion of mentally ill and chronically ill foreigners is significantly higher in Thailand than in the foreigners' homelands. The demographic segment is also skewed to older males. This is the demographic segment most likely to have death by misadventure, suicide or through slips,falls & accidents".

If the foreign (western) population of Thailand had the same characteristics of the west with appropriate representation by youth, women etc.m the incidence of mysterious deaths would not be unusual. What we have here is a concentration of people who are more likely to die by sudden death, suicide, accident etc.

In simple english, there is absolutely nothing unusual, or unexpected with these deaths. it would be unusual if we didn't see a more pronounced incidence, since Thailand is like a magnet for those most likely to die under these types of circumstances.

Good post gk, but you have really rained on the parade of all the TVF members who are convinced the Thais are "out to get em".

They just love these topics, as it gives them the excuse to air all their stupid conspiracy theories regarding the "mysterious" deaths of foreigners in LOS.

I know we don't always see eye to eye on political matters but in this case I do agree with you, it is down to demographics. thumbsup.gif

Edited by mikemac

I think you are wrong there... yes some wealthy take their lives as money is not an issue but MANY, very poor people in debt, take their lives because of money, debt etc.

The major point is that people don't take their lives to die, as such, but to end their suffering, pain and emotional trauma which 'maybe' caused by money or other 'causes'

Often a long term solution to a short term problem... unfortunately... RiP

............"I think you are wrong there... yes some wealthy take their lives as money is not an issue but MANY, very poor people in debt, take their lives because of money, debt etc."...............

As usual you took what I said the wrong way, or you have very poor English language skills.

I am sure the vast majority of TVF members understood what I was getting at in my comment.

Its only speculation, and not saying it happened in this case, but what of this scenario:

The average foreigner probably handles financial things here himself.

So if said foreigner gets sick/incapacitated, and is not well enough to physically go to the ATM, hes more or less forced to give the PIN number to someone else and have them go...

then...

I dont have to explain further. Im sure this must be the precursor in a few cases.

Sad when it comes down to thinking like that, but yeah, its staggering the number of farangs who get married to females they dont really know from a bar of soap. Sometimes 20-30 years their junior.

strange thing is a lot of these guys are just getting married to solve visa issues, then they find the decision to get married lands them in more strife than they could ever imagine.

Very sad if one has nothing else in the future to live for..other than a need to must stay in Thailand.

not good to be cynical, but i wonder how many times do you see a suicide where the farang has no wife/gf?