Palestine flag to be raised over UN

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't see an actual Palestinian state happening. Which begs the question if that goal fades as realistic what can be done to secure both the future of Israel and the Palestinian Arabs living in Gaza and WB. I'm stumped.

If Jews kept the notion of return to Israel alive for 2,000 years, why would the Palestinians not? The Israelis may one day drive them out ( or something else ), but they'd be looking over their shoulder for them returning and doing unto them. Does the Bible not say "as you sow, so shall you reap"?

Much better to be friends now, than enemies forever.

Yeah I don't see an actual Palestinian state happening. Which begs the question if that goal fades as realistic what can be done to secure both the future of Israel and the Palestinian Arabs living in Gaza and WB. I'm stumped.

There already is a Palestinian state, it's called Jordan.

Dream on. When the British ruled Palestine it was Transjordan, and recognised as a separate entity from what is now the area known as Israel and the west bank.

Like it or not, the only legal boundary of Israel is that given to them in 1948. They may occupy the west bank, but they will always be occupiers and not owners.

The UN/ most of the world will certainly not ratify any attempt by Israel to include the west bank as part of Israel. The only way they will stay there is by military force, and how many centuries do they want to be doing that for?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Dream on.
I guess so, unless King Hussein ends the apartheid policies applied to Palestinians resident in Jordan.

http://www.meforum.org/3121/jordan-is-palestinian

Who in the world cares about how the Arab world treats "Palestinian" Arabs? Where's the sport in that? No Jews to demonize.

The utter hypocrisy and obvious real goals (ending Israel) of the Israel demonization agenda never fails to be TOTALLY PREDICTABLE.

Edited by Jingthing

Dream on.
I guess so, unless King Hussein ends the apartheid policies applied to Palestinians resident in Jordan.

Middle East Forum is not really an objective media source.

Daniel Pipes is known for his well sponsored Zionist islamophobia...

Quote from link :

"Out of the 11 donors profiled in the report, for example, eight of them have in recent years given large sums to Daniel Pipes, president and founder of Middle East Forum (MEF) - just one of an abundance of US-based bastions of Islamophobia - who dutifully performs his own anti-Muslim routine while also funneling money to other like-minded bastions."

"And this is but a small sampling of the anti-Palestinian, anti-Muslim money in circulation; the list goes on."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/03/follow-money-zionist-backlash-islamophobia-150322115201245.html

Who in the world cares about how the Arab world treats "Palestinian" Arabs? Where's the sport in that? No Jews to demonize.

The utter hypocrisy and obvious real goals (ending Israel) of the Israel demonization agenda never fails to be TOTALLY PREDICTABLE.

You should ask yourself why so many of us are against Israeli ( NOT against Jewish people per se ) policies.

I certainly have no axe to grind for Arabs. I worked in Saudi and don't support them because of my experiences there.

It's just that the way Israel treats Palestinians is so despicable that I can't accept it without at least making my feelings known.

Had you been born a Palestinian would you think it's right to be treated that way? I certainly wouldn't, any more than I accepted the way England treated the Irish in the past. If the English still were oppressing the Irish, and there was a thread about it on TV I'd be saying the same sort of things about them as I say on this thread about Israeli policies.

Dream on.

Quote from link :

"Out of the 11 donors profiled in the report, for example, eight of them have in recent years given large sums to Daniel Pipes, president and founder of Middle East Forum (MEF) - just one of an abundance of US-based bastions of Islamophobia - who dutifully performs his own anti-Muslim routine while also funneling money to other like-minded bastions."

"And this is but a small sampling of the anti-Palestinian, anti-Muslim money in circulation; the list goes on."

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/03/follow-money-zionist-backlash-islamophobia-150322115201245.html

It's a bit rich you using Al-Jazeera, the Muslim brotherhoods unofficial press arm as a source to somehow disprove a source you disagree with. Facts however won't go away and they prove Jordan is explicitly engaging in apartheid policies against their Palestinian majority. Where are the leftist activists now? A fair voting system in Jordan would render it de-facto a Palestinian state. A prospect which must terrify some of our esteemed members even more than it does King Hussein.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21598719-jordanians-chafe-emerging-american-plan-israel-palestine-kingdom

Dream on.

Quote from link :

It's a bit rich you using Al-Jazeera, the Muslim brotherhoods unofficial press arm as a source to somehow disprove a source you disagree with. Facts however won't go away and they prove Jordan is explicitly engaging in apartheid policies against their Palestinian majority. Where are the leftist activists now? A fair voting system in Jordan would render it de-facto a Palestinian state. A prospect which must terrify some of our esteemed members even more than it does King Hussein.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21598719-jordanians-chafe-emerging-american-plan-israel-palestine-kingdom

The difference between Jordan and Israel is that Jordan doesn't profess to be a beacon of modernity and democracy in a sea of Muslim theocracies, and we don't really expect them to behave like a modern western country. It would be nice if they did, but that would be unrealistic. If Israel wants to behave like an apartheid state and occupy other countries, then they can't profess to be better than those countries around them.

Well the "Palestinians" may have a flag, but they don't have any kind of state:

The PA may be corrupt; but is the Israeli government any better?

Israel among most corrupt of OECD countries

Israel among most corrupt developed states, study finds

Corruption Is Institutionalized, Say Activists, as Israeli ex-Prime Minister Is Jailed

N.B. I am pointing out the accusations of corruption in the Israeli government and politics.

I am not, as any intelligent person should be aware, saying that all Jews are corrupt! Such an accusation would, of course, be racist nonsense.

Hilarious! The utter racism of low expectations for Arabs.

It's not racism, it simply the reality that many developing countries that remain monarchies are less than exemplary in upholding the ideals of democracy. None of us has to look far from home to see an example of this that includes neither arabs nor jews.

It makes sense for expectations of democratic processes and human rights to be higher for the Nation which touts its status as the bastion of democracy in the middle east.

Dream on.

Quote from link :

The article from OP has been written/edited by Edith Lederer...

The OP originates from Associated Press which is a media outlet owned by Reuters.

Reuters is owned for ages by the Rothshilds dynasty...

As a humble TV member I found that quoting Middle East Forum in this thread is a little bit over the top.

It's nothing personal as usual.

And Al Jazeera quotes would never be a must if the usual biased outlets as mentioned above were not used in threads of the Palestinian flag to be raised over the UN...

I don't agree with everything this nice Egyptian boy says but it's certainly food for thought and apparently he is in hiding. It relates to this discussion of the (in my view racist) low expectations the world has for Arab nations and suggests a theory on the root of why most Arabs hate Israel so much (ENVY for showing what is actually possible to achieve in the Middle East region):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcrbyxe3LW4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Jingthing

Well the "Palestinians" may have a flag, but they don't have any kind of state:

The PA may be corrupt; but is the Israeli government any better?

Israel among most corrupt of OECD countries

Israel among most corrupt developed states, study finds

Corruption Is Institutionalized, Say Activists, as Israeli ex-Prime Minister Is Jailed

N.B. I am pointing out the accusations of corruption in the Israeli government and politics.

I am not, as any intelligent person should be aware, saying that all Jews are corrupt! Such an accusation would, of course, be racist nonsense.

It's quite sad that you feel you have to put the qualifier at the end to pre-empt the usual nonsense. But, as you say, it's not needed for intelligent people.