PM makes clear of extradition of bomb suspects

Lite Beer

PM makes clear of extradition of bomb suspects

12002868_907608459276322_805742506928061

BANGKOK: -- Thailand has made clear that it will be approaching governments in every country that suspects in the Bangkok bombings, who are still at large, have travelled to.

This was revealed by Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha after investigation into the bombings has progressed and some suspects have fled out of the country.

Gen Prayut revealed that he has contacted the Chinese government and Thai authorities will have to wait for progress to be made.

“I have personally contacted the Chinese government as well as governments of other nations so that the suspect can be apprehended as soon as possible. What must be considered however is whether extradition treaties exist between Thailand and those countries, and if not, then what can be done officially to return the suspect to the country so that he can be put on trial,” he said.

Meanwhile the Ministry of Justice has approved the use of the 11th Infantry Regiment of the First Army to be a special prison to hold the two bombing suspects apprehended for involvement in the Erawan shrine and Sathorn pier bombings.

Justice minister Gen Paiboon Khhumchaya said he has approved arrangements to set up a special prison to hold the two suspects currently in custody – Adem Karadag otherwise known as Bilaturk Muhamad and Yusufu Mareili – at the 11th Infantry Region of the First Army.

At present, both men are being held at the Minburi provincial prison.

The new facilities will greatly benefit the investigation, he said.

The minister also revealed that he has asked officials from the Corrections Facility to transfer both suspects to the new facility as soon as it ready.

Yesterday Bangladesh ambassador to Thailand Saida Muna Tasneem met Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt Gen Prawut Thavornsiri following earlier report that a bombing mastermind had fled to Bangladesh.

Thai police found that the alleged mastermind, Abudureheman Abudusataer otherwise known as ‘Ishan’, has flown out of the country to Dhaka, Bangladesh, one day before the Erawan shrine bombing.

This came as Yusufu Mareili, the lead suspect currently in custody, revealed that Abudureheman had fled Thailand on August 16 just 2 days prior to the Erawan shrine bombing and flown to Bangladesh.

The ambassador met police spokesman Pol General Prawut Thavornsiri to discuss the case.

According to the Nation, Tasneem said that the suspect applied for an entry visa to Dhaka from her embassy and obtained a single tourist visa.

“In applying for the visa, the alleged bomb plotter submitted the required documents which were found [to be] legal. The documents included a non-immigrant multiple visa to Thailand and a work permit,” she said.

She said that it was unfortunate the suspect had left the country – on August 30 – when Bangladeshi authorities learnt from Thailand that he had travelled there.

However, she said her embassy had initiated a high-security alert after learning about the suspect’s visa application in order to prevent any further attempts to enter the country by similar individuals, the Nation reported.

Tags: Adem Karadag otherwise known as Bilaturk Muhamad, at large, Bangladesh, extradition treaties, General, special prison to hold the two suspects currently in custody.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-makes-clear-of-extradition-of-bomb-suspects

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-12

Well pm, you wont be approaching every country because you are not welcome in most. Maybe you could ask Thaksin to approach most of these on your behalf. He is still welcome and I bet this annoys the hell out of you

I agree. Ask Thaksin to travel to Syria or Iraq and beg the local leaders of ISIL to extradite these bombers. Brilliant!

The new facilities [at the 11th Infantry] will greatly benefit the investigation, he said.

I've seen the proposed accommodation, and it's pretty plush. A world apart from Minburi prison. The army approach to interrogation is to surprise the detainee with luxury, make him comfortable and happy, and wait for him to sing.

It's a bit different from water boarding, but seems to work.

Mr P is early in the process of finding out he doesn't have as many friend as he thinks he does. There will be a hundred reasons why they can't help or can on;y help slowly. Much the same as Thailand likes to do when asked for help. More to come.

As to whether or not he is able to understand the consequences of being a pariah, maybe, maybe not, I suspect maybe not, He really does think he's a good man doing a righteously good job. He' started to believe his own lies long ago, while he was still participating in or managing the criminal activities of the RTA.

Interesting times ahead.

It shouldn't matter whether the PM is liked or not, the people behind this horrific crime should and must be brought to justice,which country would like to habour such criminals on their territory?

There are many a country that would harbor such a criminal

To quote the article

"Thai police found that the alleged mastermind, Abudureheman Abudusataer otherwise known as Ishan, has flown out of the country to Dhaka, Bangladesh, one day before the Erawan shrine bombing.

This came as Yusufu Mareili, the lead suspect currently in custody, revealed that Abudureheman had fled Thailand on August 16 just 2 days prior to the Erawan shrine bombing and flown to Bangladesh."

So was it 1 day or 2 days before the bombing. Not here to slag off anyone in particular but how can anyone file a report, have it approved by an editor and then have it publish with such blatant errors, or am I missing something here?

I can just see the wording of that request now:

"To whom it may concern,

Please hand over to the RTP immediately, any person or persons fitting the following description:

• name unknown
  • nationality unknown
  • age unknown
  • height unknown
  • gender unknown
  • distinguishing characteristics - may be wearing a yellow or a blue shirt

Wanted for questioning in relation to bombing of Erawan Shrine in Bangkok.

Thank you,

etc."

Edited by oztaurus

It shouldn't matter whether the PM is liked or not, the people behind this horrific crime should and must be brought to justice,which country would like to habour such criminals on their territory?

Well nobody would except they are not guilty as yet so like all suspects they have to be treated as innocent until proven to be guilty.

Also, extraditing people is not as easy as it sounds if there is no treaty in place (and even if there is its not easy, cheap and straight forward) Also, dont forget Thailand enforces the death penalty so all the suspects need to do is head for country that does not and they will probably never be extradited.

The world may be getting smaller in communication terms but extradition is still mostly only the preserve for the very serious crimes such as this due to the complications and work involved.

Anyway, I hope that they are caught where ever they has scurried off to.

To quote the article

"Thai police found that the alleged mastermind, Abudureheman Abudusataer otherwise known as Ishan, has flown out of the country to Dhaka, Bangladesh, one day before the Erawan shrine bombing.

This came as Yusufu Mareili, the lead suspect currently in custody, revealed that Abudureheman had fled Thailand on August 16 just 2 days prior to the Erawan shrine bombing and flown to Bangladesh."

So was it 1 day or 2 days before the bombing. Not here to slag off anyone in particular but how can anyone file a report, have it approved by an editor and then have it publish with such blatant errors, or am I missing something here?

Probably translation error again...............i agree with one post before........what the hell if the pm is not likeable the point is to stop this crazy mtf who manage to kill innocent peoples.........

They stopped one in BKK, one in Cambodgia, one is gone to Bangladesh they thought they we're Turk now what's next Lao ???

What a clown. The guy is a laughing stock.

Why is he a laughing stock ?...........did you view America the same way after they found out that the country that they were contributing 12 Billion $us a month to aid them in the hunt for the Al-Qaeda leader was the country that was hiding him.

And the punishment to that country was.........................................??

And once you get them to come to Thailand the border patrol will probably refuse them entry as they have inappropriate visa to cover their stay and have them immediately deported and a stamp in their passport not welcome in Thailand again, it just has to end in a massive farce just like every high profile crime that takes place in Thailand but then again I suppose it is a junta running the country and not a proper government control over anything just some corporal saying things handed to him on a piece of paper now read this as its matter of fact, and dont forget to smile when you read it in front of cameras.

Well pm, you wont be approaching every country because you are not welcome in most. Maybe you could ask Thaksin to approach most of these on your behalf. He is still welcome and I bet this annoys the hell out of you

I agree. Ask Thaksin to travel to Syria or Iraq and beg the local leaders of ISIL to extradite these bombers. Brilliant!

U seem to have a real issue with ISIS. Just a few days ago you mentioned that the Uighur have a round 50,000 members of ISIL but the official figure is 20,000 ISIL members.

Do you have any infos we don't have that the Bangkok bombers are now in Iraq or Syria. If ISIL was involved they would have announced it long time ago. Let me guess you are one of this Bob's from the States that have direct intelligence to those infos. Another TV armchair intel guy that have absolute no idea what is going on in the world. I would suggest tune in again to Fox News. cheesy.gif

I think you'll find there is no shortage of potential safe havens...

If the bomb had been set off elsewhere, this would have been one of them.

Dude... Let it go

but you must understand not to many send criminals to other criminals its not justice