Man shoots girlfriend for dumping him in Phuket

Lite Beer

As I've said before, Thai male maturity stops at around age 12.

Your being conservative. The average Thai male is raised by his mommy. Not many that I've met have a strong father figure to teach them how to be men. If they are lucky, they go into the military and get their first taste of manhood there. Or they find their way into some other organization that teaches them responsibility and discipline, like Muay Thai, or being raised as a young monk in a monastery. Barring military experience, or crossing paths with another Thai male that does have discipline, most never mature. Mommy (Mae) never insists that their child become responsible. Mommy takes care of all of that. And once in school, doting female teachers pick up where mommy leave off. They are physically men, but mentally? Don't kid yourself, this is a strong matriarchal society at the level of family and school. The illusion of Thai masculinity is just that: an illusion for most. Hence, it's difficult for them to accept responsibility, no less exert personal discipline. This may sound like I'm painting with a broad brush, but I've lived directly in the Thai community for quite a long time. I've never 'lived' in farang communities; I've lived in strictly Thai community since coming here. So, speaking from experience, not some preconceived notion.

Haven't got quite the benefit of your experience, but it DOES seem that women shoulder more of the nitty-gritty of real life here than they do in the West, so that brings power and responsibility, as compared to the males who are, well, more ornamental here in some cases. I am not sure that I find it all THAT bad.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. Thank goodness she isn't dead.

If you tell someone not to play with a toy, will that stop them? If you have a gun chances are you will use it.

Most shootings in the States are because of domestic issues and guns are at hand.

There recently a case where a 3 year old shot and killed his mom by accident. How else could he have killed her? So sad.

got very mad, so I shot her. I didn't mean to hurt her,

How can you shoot someone and not mean to hurt them?

...only in Disneyland

It's the same with sexual assault,thai men blame it on the fact that they felt horny and could n't control their urges.They're brought up to believe their women " are just hanging around begging to be assaulted".Blame it on the matriarchal society and weak father's.

He must have been driving a tank or pushing around an anti aircraft gun,a 38mm is a very large weapon to be carrying around. I think they must have meant 38 cal., that's what most hand guns are.

37 mm

You can understand why she would be afraid.

post-232807-0-53563000-1442110902_thumb.

Edited by lostoday

I did not mean to hurt her. I sort of forgot I had a gun in my hand. I was blinded by rage. I could not believe she would want to leave me. When I was growing up, my parents used to tell me that boys could do not wrong, and that we were a special gender. I believed them. I have never made any effort to improve myself as a human being, nor have I ever spent even one minute on inner reflection, or introspection. But, I am still confused why she would want to leave me. I am great. I am perfect. I am handsome. I am very well built. I am strong, and I am quite the man. Why? Why? I am very confused, and very hurt. I actually wanted to kill her, but I missed. Guess I am not a good aim. That may be my only imperfection.

got very mad, so I shot her. I didn't mean to hurt her,

How can you shoot someone and not mean to hurt them?

...only in Disneyland

It's the same with sexual assault,thai men blame it on the fact that they felt horny and could n't control their urges.They're brought up to believe their women " are just hanging around begging to be assaulted".Blame it on the matriarchal society and weak father's.

or on all those woman hanging around waiting to be assaulted.

"Piyapa is in a stable condition", unlike her ex boyfriend who is far from!

Because he handed himself in and did not mean to hurt her police will tell him you can,t carry a gun again.

Many thai girls have gig, Thai boyfriend b4 they meet someone who will take them overseas for better life, one of my Thai friends in NZ said her GF's gig used to bang on the door of apartment in BK everynight demanding money from his girl and beating her up if she had none.( I no job last night why you dont believe me)

My friend told her to get the hell out of Thailand with the boyfriend that wanted her to go back home with him and she did. TIT.

As I've said before, Thai male maturity stops at around age 12.

Your being conservative. The average Thai male is raised by his mommy. Not many that I've met have a strong father figure to teach them how to be men. If they are lucky, they go into the military and get their first taste of manhood there. Or they find their way into some other organization that teaches them responsibility and discipline, like Muay Thai, or being raised as a young monk in a monastery. Barring military experience, or crossing paths with another Thai male that does have discipline, most never mature. Mommy (Mae) never insists that their child become responsible. Mommy takes care of all of that. And once in school, doting female teachers pick up where mommy leave off. They are physically men, but mentally? Don't kid yourself, this is a strong matriarchal society at the level of family and school. The illusion of Thai masculinity is just that: an illusion for most. Hence, it's difficult for them to accept responsibility, no less exert personal discipline. This may sound like I'm painting with a broad brush, but I've lived directly in the Thai community for quite a long time. I've never 'lived' in farang communities; I've lived in strictly Thai community since coming here. So, speaking from experience, not some preconceived notion.

Hmm.. Is this why you see Thai Lady always driving Vehicle? Today I tried to substantiate this:

100 trucks viewed at driven by me:

92 Female drivers

8 Male Drivers

100 cars Viewed during same time span:

96 Female Drivers

4 Male Drivers

100 Motorcycle Drivers:

45 Female Drivers

55 Male Drivers

This seems to correlate the following:

(as far as it applies to Thai Nationals)

Women seemed to be far more rational to the Safety and Value of their Investment (Truck). Wanting it to return to family residence in one piece! Smart enough to know the Level of the Male Mentality of the Male Thai National (I respect that judgement on their part... A truck is much bigger then a Gun, can also be used as weapon of choice!). The same appears to be the same when it comes to the use of Cars.

When it comes to motorcycles result is almost equal to who is driver. I give the Female Gender here the vote on this for two reasons.....

1. Letting your Husband/Boyfriend is cheap way to dispose of him.... Cheaper than a Divorce...

2. They are smarter to know when to get out of the Weather. Example: It is Rainy Season... Honey.. can yo go to 7-11 get some Coconut Milk...? Take the Motorcycle it is easier to park, You are so Professional at Driving it. (After he leaves... She goes to Buddha Room and Prays that he not come home... reaching down turns off her Cell Phone...)

When in Rome... we all know the rest. So, when in Thailand, do as the Thais do (or are supposed to do), in a confrontation - which is to bow repeatedly, while saying 'krub, krub, krub...' (adjust accordingly if you're a lady, or trying to be one) and reverse from the situation. Do not turn around and walk away... reverse away. Better to lose face than life. The average Thai male is only a gentlemen when he wants to get lucky.

scary idea that this moron was carrying a weapon.

I wonder how many unregistered guns are in circulation.

My message is....don't count on a gentlemans fight ever downhere it is eighter 'wack with a pack' or gunned down.

Your message is correct, and should be printed in the travel brochures all over the world which still doggedly use the 'Land of Smiles' cliché. The phrase was coined some 30/40 years ago, and it was accurate then.

While they're at it, those brochures might consider calling Bangkok the 'Venice of Asia'. On account of them klongs, ya know.

Edited by Yann55