Dirty sheets, making me pay for it

fitnesspm

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to argue your way through life?

I've stayed at £10 a night establishments through to £300. The majority charged/blocked a deposit to my credit card.

I did mention previously that you can raise a chargeback if you feel unfairly treated but you appear to have conveniently glossed over this fact and continue to bellyache, unnecessarily.

As mogandave has stated, you can procure a transaction fee-free credit card to save bundles and also enjoy a favourable f/x rate [MasterCard].

Anyway, if I owned a hotel you'd be the last person I'd want through my door.

I willif someone is trying to pull a fast one.

As I mentioned (try to keep up), I have no problem with any hotel blocking off a certain amount on my credit card to guarantee that I will pay my bills upon checkout.

But if I have already paid for my room 100% upfront and the mini bar has been removed, then what are they charging 4K per night as deposit for..i stayed for 14 nights so that is a lot of money.

Needless to say, I told them to bugger off.and they did..it was not an argument they were going to win anyway.

In future I shan't be darkening their door with my custom.let me know what hotel you own.I'll make bloody sure I avoid it too.

Too much choice in thailand to take shit from unscrupulous hotel owners.

Deposits are also for loss and damage. I've worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and I have seen a lot of loss and damage. Flat screen TVs removed; heavy objects thrown through windows; broken mirrors; floods caused by shower heads being ripped off; fire extinguishers misused; holes cut out of sheets; walls drawn on; hair dye dropped onto carpets; broken furniture. That's not even mentioning guests who leave a Richard on the carpet.

Thanks for the Richard idea. I may use it in my current situation when i vacate my airbnb place. But i need to hide it somehow until i vacate in case there is an inspection.

Any ideas on that would be appreciated, the hiding part. I can Ralph it ok.

And boy it's gonna be a doozy.