Dirty sheets, making me pay for it

fitnesspm

i have traveled all over the us and asia also hundreds of times for years and never had to pay a deposit or present a credit card.

Im mystified by this bullshit too….I recently stayed at the Centra Avenue Pattaya for 2 weeks…first of all they made me pay the entire room tariff upfront.

I did so, by credit card.

Next they want 3K a day as deposit!!!!

I had already paid for the room in full…..I had asked them to remove the contents of the minibar for the entire duration of the stay…plus I undertook not to eat at their shitty jewish restaurant…..so Im wondering what possible claim they could have on me.

Refused to cough up the deposit until they relented….just kept repeating room is paid for and there are no future expenses…what you want deposit for….they had no answer.

During my stay I noticed some damage in the room, including a humongous scratch the cleaning lady left on the mirrored wardrobe door…I can confidently predict that had I paid the deposit, they would be blaming the scratch on me…..what a bunch of dishonest dickheads.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..what a bunch of dishonest dickheads.

By your own admission the hotel wasn't dishonest.

I would be more concerned that a hotel didn't expect to secure a deposit on my credit card.

If I caused any damage then I'd be more than happy to settle a reasonable expense to the hotel. If they screwed me over then I'd claim a chargeback on my credit card.

Anyway, this particular OP just doesn't ring true.

If I were in a dispute about what I thought was an unfair charge, I would much rather the hotel had my credit card number than my passport, particularly if I had I flight to make.

I never show my passport to Bangkok hotels, but I do let them swipe & block my credit card.

I find it difficult to believe there are hotels that will let you stay without anything to guarantee payment.

I find it difficult to believe there are hotels that will let you stay without anything to guarantee payment.

I find it difficult to believe you've ever stayed in a NOT expensive hotel in LOS. I stayed in 3 hotels/ guest houses just recently and I don't even have a CC.

Hotels I stay at take cash, usually upfront.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

But the thing you never do any where is given them your PP, a copy by all means, but never hand your PP over

You carry a copy of your PP with you, or do you jump in a taxi to run off somewhere and have a copy made ?

Me personally, I have no issue with giving them my passport to make a copy off.

If I were in a dispute about what I thought was an unfair charge, I would much rather the hotel had my credit card number than my passport, particularly if I had I flight to make.

I never show my passport to Bangkok hotels, but I do let them swipe & block my credit card.

I find it difficult to believe you've ever stayed in a NOT expensive hotel in LOS. I stayed in 3 hotels/ guest houses just recently and I don't even have a CC.

Hotels I stay at take cash, usually upfront.

Paying them cash "upfront" guarantees payment, yes?

If you stay at a place enough and they know you a lot of the time they don't bother with any payment guarantee

My regular hotel in BKK hasn't swiped my credit card to block an amount in years all I do now is send the day manager an SMS with the arrival and departure dates and that's it, pay them check out day

But the thing you never do any where is given them your PP, a copy by all means, but never hand your PP over

Where do you stay regularly in Bangkok? My regular hotels always ask for my credit card.

That said, I thought the claim was that one could stay at hundreds of hotels a year all over the world and never have to show a credit card or make a cash deposit. Just stay as long as you like and pay cash when you leave.

Try "the atlanta" in bkk

Looked at the website and it does not look like a place that would interest me.

In any event, "the atlanta" is not hundreds of hotels all over the world.

I've been in a hotel since Monday night, was in a different hotel Saturday & Sunday and will be in a different hotel this Saturday.

All of them require a credit card at check in.

i'm not going to list every hotel here, just trying to make a point.

i figured the atlanta was not your scene, nothing wrong with that.

point is, if you want to be a lowlife in bkk then your going to be staying at places that cater to that clientele where you fit in and feel welcome. those kind of places are used to dealing with lowlifes and therefore require deposits from people crapping on the sheets and stealing towels, etc.

so if it works for you great keep giving a cc or deposit and be prepared for lowlife moves like overcharging for cleaning, thefts and that sort of thing.

if you want to up your game, then you will be treated with respect as a gentlemen and the establishments your staying at will treat you accordingly.

this has nothing to do with the price of the room btw, completely different concept.

it has much to do with why your in bkk, the company you keep, how your dressed and how you carry yourself. the thai's are pretty good at sniffing this out and knowing when something smells funky, either under the sheets or in your head.

step up to thee mike, mickey. step step step up to thee mike, mickey, step up you game to thee mike mike, and be a man.

Edited by fey

But (not surprisingly) you go on and write a couple paragraphs (apparently) calling me a lowlife.

In any event, I looked the dump you claimed would allow me to stay indefinitely without paying anything in advance or providing a credit card and they would not let me book a room without a credit card.

Where do you stay regularly in Bangkok? My regular hotels always ask for my credit card.

That said, I thought the claim was that one could stay at hundreds of hotels a year all over the world and never have to show a credit card or make a cash deposit. Just stay as long as you like and pay cash when you leave.

Try "the atlanta" in bkk

Looked at the website and it does not look like a place that would interest me.

In any event, "the atlanta" is not hundreds of hotels all over the world.

I've been in a hotel since Monday night, was in a different hotel Saturday & Sunday and will be in a different hotel this Saturday.

All of them require a credit card at check in.

point is, if you want to be a lowlife in bkk then your going to be staying at places that cater to that clientele where you fit in and feel welcome. those kind of places are used to dealing with lowlifes and therefore require deposits from people crapping on the sheets and stealing towels, etc.

so if it works for you great keep giving a cc or deposit and be prepared for lowlife moves like overcharging for cleaning, thefts and that sort of thing.

if you want to up your game, then you will be treated with respect as a gentlemen and the establishments your staying at will treat you accordingly.

this has nothing to do with the price of the room btw, completely different concept.

it has much to do with why your in bkk, the company you keep, how your dressed and how you carry yourself. the thai's are pretty good at sniffing this out and knowing when something smells funky, either under the sheets or in your head.

step up to thee mike, mickey. step step step up to thee mike, mickey, step up you game to thee mike mike, and be a man.

Rubbish.

I stay at cheap hotels because I just want a bed to sleep in, not a life style choice and never been treated like a "lowlife", nor have I ever been charged for cleaning, had a theft from my room or any of "that sort of thing".

However, keep telling yourself how wonderful you are because you spend 10 times as much as me for a bed, per night.

That is the treatment one gets from the cheaper spots. 5 stars are more accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkfss

5* hotels don't allow "friends" to stay.
Eh rubbish. The 5 stars do not bother their guests, nor do they hassle over linen damage. My Japanese girlfriend once had a large and unexpected discharge of menstrual blood. Nothing was said. They have my credit card information on my profile. No charge . Edited by arunsakda

You carry a copy of your PP with you, or do you jump in a taxi to run off somewhere and have a copy made ?

Me personally, I have no issue with giving them my passport to make a copy off.

I dont carry my pp when staying in hotels in Thailand not unless i am flying out the country anyway, my DL has worked for many years

the point i was making was if they want the passport they can make a copy of it themselves, but dont hand it over for them to hold until you check out

And your point from what you provided and from the Atlantic's website is:

1. This particular hotel requires payment in cash in advance or daily.
  2. They do not even accept credit cards.
  3. Up until recently they had a guard dog that determined if whether or not a person was fit to stay there.
  4. There are animals living at the hotel.
  5. You can not reserve a room on the website, yo have to send a FAX or email or Letter (seriously?!?!?!?)
  6. They have the right to refuse service, kick out occupants, or call the police for ANY reason at ANY time.
  7. They offer rooms without air con and hot water (sounds lovely!)

When this discussion started you claimed "i have traveled all over the us and asia also hundreds of times for years and never had to pay a deposit or present a credit card." You made the argument that being asked for a deposit or credit card to guarantee the room was an anomaly. The only data you have provided to the contrary is the Atlanta hotel. You really think the Atlanta hotel is the standard for a "normal" hotel in BKK and even it was, they require payment up front.

That is the treatment one gets from the cheaper spots. 5 stars are more accommodating.

Eh rubbish. The 5 stars do not bother their guests, nor do they hassle over linen damage. My Japanese girlfriend once had a large and unexpected discharge of menstrual blood. Nothing was said. They have my credit card information on my profile. No charge .

I wonder who knows more about this subject...hmmm. The guy who stays in 5* hotels or the guy who admits that he stays in hotels that cost 1/10th as much....

Chaps, guy said they didn't charge him on page 2, why keep replying?

No, he didn't, but he probably realised the banality of the thread and found something better to do than prolong this.

I hope he's busy washing the incriminating sheet out... or striking a pose pointing to the stain on the sheet so that it can make headlines cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're lucky that hotels don't ask those paying cash up front for their stay to leave an additional amount as a deposit, returnable when you check out, to cover incidentals. If hotels did do that you'd lose out every time you left.

You need to get out of your basement more often. Hotels do that quite often, and not just low end ones.

That was exactly my point. You need to be able to recognise sarcasm aimed at Fey's claim.

Sarcasm? Even if it was, you seem to rely on your self-styled sense of sarcasm day in day out on TVF.

You know what they say about sarcasm, and those who use it at the exclusion of other means of expression.

I'm surprised that you now seem able to recognise it in order to be able to misjudge that I use it day in, dayout.

Go on, tell me what "they" say about sarcasm but please don't use the old fall back of Oscar Wilde's personal opinion quoted by some of the ignorant who seem to think it is gospel.

i have traveled all over the us and asia also hundreds of times for years and never had to pay a deposit or present a credit card.

Im mystified by this bullshit too….I recently stayed at the Centra Avenue Pattaya for 2 weeks…first of all they made me pay the entire room tariff upfront.

I had already paid for the room in full…..I had asked them to remove the contents of the minibar for the entire duration of the stay…plus I undertook not to eat at their shitty jewish restaurant…..so Im wondering what possible claim they could have on me.

Refused to cough up the deposit until they relented….just kept repeating room is paid for and there are no future expenses…what you want deposit for….they had no answer.

During my stay I noticed some damage in the room, including a humongous scratch the cleaning lady left on the mirrored wardrobe door…I can confidently predict that had I paid the deposit, they would be blaming the scratch on me…..what a bunch of dishonest dickheads.

So if they didn't charge you for the scratch that you saw the cleaning lady make why were they dishonest dickheads?

So if they didn't charge you for the scratch that you saw the cleaning lady make why were they dishonest dickheads?

I didn't see the cleaning lady make the scratch…..it wasn't there one day…..the next day I went out while the cleaning lady was in and after I returned I spotted it.

Immediately took a photograph and went down to reception to sort the matter out. Had I ignored it, I am pretty sure it might have come up in the room inspection upon checkout.

The hotel was dishonest because despite me paying room tariff in FULL and requesting minibar be removed, they still wanted to charge a hefty daily deposit…that is just not on….I am glad I persevered in arguing with them because they did back down in the end…..dishonest dickheads.

Srcasm? Even if it was, you seem to rely on your self-styled sense of sarcasm day in day out on TVF.

You know what they say about sarcasm, and those who use it at the exclusion of other means of expression.

I'm surprised that you now seem able to recognise it in order to be able to misjudge that I use it day in, dayout.

Go on, tell me what "they" say about sarcasm but please don't use the old fall back of Oscar Wilde's personal opinion quoted by some of the ignorant who seem to think it is gospel.

Good afternoon, Sviss Geez! Back for your daily dose, eh?

You can expand your venue by getting this tattooed to your forehead, then go walk around the mall.

Avoid Starbucks and Villa. Report back with results.

post-134393-0-98178900-1442556475_thumb.

The sheets aren't very dirty, you can hardly see the marks where I'm at a semi-budget hotel so I EXPECT things not to be perfect!

If I don't pay, what are my options, im' proposing to just walk out when i give them the keys...

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F4C2D0B5E4AC7712!4655&authkey=!ACFC082J6pCLKL4&ithint=folder%2c

I do get rather bored reading so many posts here of what is the cheapest way to do A,B,C etc. if you are financially troubled then it's unfortunate that you end up in a <deleted> hole that classifies itself as a hotel. Basically, you get what you pay for, and the lower end of the market is used to cheap Charlie's, one night stands, rooms not being treated fairly by low class renters. It would help if you explained in full the so called dirty sheets . I am sure most middle to upper class hotels expect and are used to customers who are incontinent, or the woman with menstrual issues, or stains resulting from sexual encounters.

The lower class hotels, probably make a good income from the likes of you. As already mentioned, it's your choice how you want to resolve the issues ! But I would have thought a complaint against the sheets when you checked in would have been the obvious .

I bet you are a laugh on a night out

Its only dirty sheets and a cheap hotel, what's with the likes of you stuff,who do you think you are the second Earl of bangkok

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

"i have traveled all over the us and asia also hundreds of times for years and never had to pay a deposit or present a credit card."

Ah yes, sleeping in parks and on pedestrian walkways also has many other benefits such as unlimited fresh air and the chance to meet local wildlife.

Edited by SiamRose

Eh rubbish. The 5 stars do not bother their guests, nor do they hassle over linen damage. My Japanese girlfriend once had a large and unexpected discharge of menstrual blood. Nothing was said. They have my credit card information on my profile. No charge .

Methinks you deliberately misunderstood what I said. Unless your girlfriend is working illegally as a bargirl, she checked in with you, which is normal even for 5* hotels that allow 2 per room.

If you stayed more than 2 days, you probably paid more than what the mattress was worth, if in fact the blood reached the mattress, and it is quite likely a 5* hotel has insurance for that sort of thing anyway, unlike the cheap hotels that most of us stay at in Thailand.

Im mystified by this bullshit too.I recently stayed at the Centra Avenue Pattaya for 2 weeksfirst of all they made me pay the entire room tariff upfront.

I had already paid for the room in full..I had asked them to remove the contents of the minibar for the entire duration of the stayplus I undertook not to eat at their shitty jewish restaurant..so Im wondering what possible claim they could have on me.

Refused to cough up the deposit until they relented.just kept repeating room is paid for and there are no future expenseswhat you want deposit for.they had no answer.

During my stay I noticed some damage in the room, including a humongous scratch the cleaning lady left on the mirrored wardrobe doorI can confidently predict that had I paid the deposit, they would be blaming the scratch on me..what a bunch of dishonest dickheads.

You mentioned many good points, but the deposit does not cover blankets, pillows, accessories , nor does it cover larger items such as the TV and complete mini bar fridge, and in a number of cases furniture.

There are many in this world who are happy to give a big thank you to the check out staff only for them to find major room items missing .

And you query ? . Would you enter this field of hospitality, I know I wouldn't !

Walking without paying will get you involved with the BiB, probably unwise.

Have you tried talking to the manager? At what point did they say they were going to charge as you've not actually checked out yet?

yes, but there is no manager until Monday...

I am thinking about getting the police involved cause i have photos but i doubt they will help... still an option i'm looking at!

You must get this in your head, the Thai police are not the western police, they would not even come to sort out this trivial matter, and if they ever do show up you will have to pay them, they will not side with you no matter what. The hotel can say you left without paying, immigration will grab you on the way out, and then you will be very sorry.

Just pay them and welcome to the land of scams.

How does asking people to leave deposit make one a "dishonest <deleted>"?

It has been my experience that the people always moaning about being cheated are cheaters themselves.

Idiotic comment.

Insults are the last resort of the weak-minded when they are unable to formulate a legitimate response.

Walking without paying will get you involved with the BiB, probably unwise.

Have you tried talking to the manager? At what point did they say they were going to charge as you've not actually checked out yet?

yes, but there is no manager until Monday...

I am thinking about getting the police involved cause i have photos but i doubt they will help... still an option i'm looking at!

You must get this in your head, the Thai police are not the western police, they would not even come to sort out this trivial matter, and if they ever do show up you will have to pay them, they will not side with you no matter what. The hotel can say you left without paying, immigration will grab you on the way out, and then you will be very sorry.

Just pay them and welcome to the land of scams.

You think the "western police" would come out to a hotel for stained sheets?

I've been here a good while and I've never had anyone "scam" me. Maybe you guys that are always getting scammed are just easy marks that look like suckers.

Im mystified by this bullshit too.I recently stayed at the Centra Avenue Pattaya for 2 weeksfirst of all they made me pay the entire room tariff upfront.

I had already paid for the room in full..I had asked them to remove the contents of the minibar for the entire duration of the stayplus I undertook not to eat at their shitty jewish restaurant..so Im wondering what possible claim they could have on me.

Refused to cough up the deposit until they relented.just kept repeating room is paid for and there are no future expenseswhat you want deposit for.they had no answer.

During my stay I noticed some damage in the room, including a humongous scratch the cleaning lady left on the mirrored wardrobe doorI can confidently predict that had I paid the deposit, they would be blaming the scratch on me..what a bunch of dishonest dickheads.

You mentioned many good points, but the deposit does not cover blankets, pillows, accessories , nor does it cover larger items such as the TV and complete mini bar fridge, and in a number of cases furniture.

There are many in this world who are happy to give a big thank you to the check out staff only for them to find major room items missing .

And you query ? . Would you enter this field of hospitality, I know I wouldn't !

Are you taking the piss?

This is supposedly a 4 star property….I cant imagine guests walking out with blankets, TVs and pillows concealed in their suitcase.

I have stayed at places like Sandy Spring where they do not impose such nonsense on guests.

I think the practice of swiping a guests credit card and "blocking" a certain sum of money to cover bills upon check out is acceptable…but charging deposits is disgraceful.

It gives the hotel a chance to blame you for anything they fancy and you can't do diddly about it.

Methinks you deliberately misunderstood what I said. Unless your girlfriend is working illegally as a bargirl, she checked in with you, which is normal even for 5* hotels that allow 2 per room.

If you stayed more than 2 days, you probably paid more than what the mattress was worth, if in fact the blood reached the mattress, and it is quite likely a 5* hotel has insurance for that sort of thing anyway, unlike the cheap hotels that most of us stay at in Thailand.

methinks you have never ever ever stayed at a 5 star hotel anywhere in the world...so why do you comment as you have the slightest clue?

Are you taking the piss?

This is supposedly a 4 star property….I cant imagine guests walking out with blankets, TVs and pillows concealed in their suitcase.

I have stayed at places like Sandy Spring where they do not impose such nonsense on guests.

I think the practice of swiping a guests credit card and "blocking" a certain sum of money to cover bills upon check out is acceptable…but charging deposits is disgraceful.

It gives the hotel a chance to blame you for anything they fancy and you can't do diddly about it.

there is no difference between a deposit and blocking a sum on a credit card...it's the same thing! They are both a guarantee for payment if something happened...