Dirty sheets, making me pay for it

fitnesspm

I got a written message (under the door) that I would be charged extra for blood on a sheet. Later I received a written apology saying that the sheets were returned fom the laundry and were OK. The manager at the checkout further apologised when I left. This one obviously wasn't a scam, and I think fair enough to charge extra if you do something a bit out of the ordinary and involve the hotel in extra costs.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walking without paying will get you involved with the BiB, probably unwise.

Have you tried talking to the manager? At what point did they say they were going to charge as you've not actually checked out yet?

yes, but there is no manager until Monday...

I am thinking about getting the police involved cause i have photos but i doubt they will help... still an option i'm looking at!

You took photo's of the dirty sheets before and after use ?

what sort of hotel does not have a manager on duty ?

Hmmm . Who takes photos of sheets when they arrive? Maybe sounds like a good idea in your case but its got me wondering.

Call the tourist police. That's their speciality, helping tourists...Easily recognised by the yellow shirts which by the way is part of their official uniform. Hope this helps...Let the staff b aware that you have notified them of your situation blah blah, but if the staff have already changed the linen, i am afraid u are in a barbwire canoe, Any sort of paddle won't work...Check their laundry & there is probably plenty of fabricated soiled sheets that could be used as a way to screw you...Good luck...

Edited by Didi Feltugoode

...you do not explain what type of dirt....

...you do not explain if some of the dirt is yours...

..you do not explain how much they want to charge you...

...so what do you want from us....

...judging from the photo it is just 'old dirt' or some type of 'yellowing'....

...if you paid them for the room just be on your way....make sure they have not taken any of your things....

...do you have any friends that could mediate....

...if it is only 300 baht...and you are feeling guilty and unsure...just pay it...and ask for a receipt...they may hunt you down at the airport too....

Edited by SOTIRIOS

Sit in the lobby and every time someone comes to check in complain about the scam ,if I was to go there and I listened to someone complaining of a scam I would seek new hotel

I'm sure they'd be happy for you to do this. Might even bring you a beer or 2. Yeah.... right.

I think this action would be tolerated about 20 seconds by any hotel. Lower the class of hotel, the quicker you'd be on your way.

Define 'pay for' . Buy new set of sheets? Extra to clean blood off the sheets? A bit of poop perhaps?

I'd have my camera out taking pictures of the lobby and clerks; ask them to smile because this is going on facebook.

By the way; name the hotel.

Edited by IAMHERE

I got a written message (under the door) that I would be charged extra for blood on a sheet. Later I received a written apology saying that the sheets were returned fom the laundry and were OK. The manager at the checkout further apologised when I left. This one obviously wasn't a scam, and I think fair enough to charge extra if you do something a bit out of the ordinary and involve the hotel in extra costs.

Blood is a lot of trouble. If not caught and dealt with beforehand, washing/drying bloody clothes, sheets, etc,. will likely set the stain in, making it permanent. It can never be washed out once that happens, and not many hotel guests would be happy to find that their sheets have blood stains when first turning down the bed. While the Marriott might not charge for bloody sheets, I can see how many bargain Asian hotels might do so.

Remember this, next time you're staying in a hotel when your wife or gf is having her period...

Edited by RedQualia

A hotel did the same thing to me awhile back. So I removed about a dozen towels. All pretty new. Used them for work towels, washing my car.dogs....still have em.

The dozen towels certainly wouldn't have been in your room, where did you steal them from? Did you burgle other guests rooms or ransack housekeeping? 12 towels would be pretty bulky haul also, did you have a spare suitcase to hide them in? Or did you just make up this theft confession on the spur of the moment?

Edited by Sviss Geez

Was there any mention of how much money they wanted to charge him??

I surmise if a women stays in the room and has her period and blood stains the sheets and or the mattress, are they going to levy a surcharge?????

If you are eating in bed and spill a drink on the sheets or drop some food on the sheets and stain the sheets does that justify a surcharge when wear and tear in any hotel room is part of what you are PAYING FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I would refuse to pay if the amount was some stupid rip off amount like 1000 baht or more...but 100 baht is not worth arguing over.

Then post on the internet warning others not to book or stay at that hotel because they are cheating guests out of their money for something no other hotel ever charges people for......but maybe only happens in Thailand....lol

Cheers

If you ruined the sheets beyond normal cleaning you should pay. Otherwise the cost of washing sheets is always an integral part of the hotels costs that your daily rate pays for. Just walk away. By ruined I mean: badly torn or impossibly stained. Both blood and shit are normal to every hotel ( not mine I hasten to add before one of our wits does it for me). This includes menstrual blood and the all to common, blood from soi 4 vergins..

Just had exactly the same happen to me in the Asia Hotel, Soi 1. Had to pay 1700 baht to have sheets "cleaned" because my girlfriend had sudden period. Paid under duress, as we were in a hurry for a flight, but I insisted that I keep the sheets (that my GF had already cleaned anyway, but just with soap and water so stains were still visible, but have now been removed with a stain removal agent)

As a previous poster has suggested, next step is to leave comment on Trip Advisor, Facebook, and tell all your friends. In my case, I have been staying there on and off for 15 years (since it was called The Street Lodge) so they have made their money from me over the years, but they won't be making any more, and also no more recommendations to friends!

Is this the place you are referring to

''La Résidence Hotel Bangkok, Thailand''

if so and you believe you are right

pay for the damage, walk away with

a smile, take the sheets with you, as

a non - Thai, you have no rights, so

revenge is sweeter,, go on Trip advisor

or Agoda or every other travel search

engine and write your story there, they

will end up losing more than 500 Baht.