Dirty sheets, making me pay for it

fitnesspm

there is no difference between a deposit and blocking a sum on a credit card...it's the same thing! They are both a guarantee for payment if something happened...

They wanted to charge the deposit to my card and make me sign for it…they said when you leave we will minus your bill from the deposit and refund to your card.

I said there will be no bill as I have paid you in advance….

Every time you incur a foreign currency charge the card companies charge an extra percentage as commission…when you get a refund they don't give you back that extra percentage…so you lose money….I am not ok with this.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no difference between a deposit and blocking a sum on a credit card...it's the same thing! They are both a guarantee for payment if something happened...

They wanted to charge the deposit to my card and make me sign for it…they said when you leave we will minus your bill from the deposit and refund to your card.

Every time you incur a foreign currency charge the card companies charge an extra percentage as commission…when you get a refund they don't give you back that extra percentage…so you lose money….I am not ok with this.

I always use a credit card, the always swipe it, but they never actually charge the card until I check out. It just blocks the approximate amount and shows as "pending" when I check it online. It does not show as a charge until a day or two after I check out.

Are you using an actual credit card or a visa ATM card?

You should think about getting a credit card that does not charge a foreign currency charge, it will save you a nice little chunk if you travel much.

You did not shit the bed,did you ?, that could explain it.

regards Worgeordie

Or left big dirty black marks on them from lying on the bed with his shoes on which doesnt wash out properly

how would the hotel know it doesnt wash out properly until after theyve done the laundry and the stain is stil there ?

they cant make him wait hours to check out to see if the stain washes out or not

give them the key and walk out

police will hardly start a manhunt for a stained sheet ............

pay a third party online ..........like agoda or booking.com

the hotel never sees your credit card number so its not a risk they can charge too much

They wanted to charge the deposit to my card and make me sign for itthey said when you leave we will minus your bill from the deposit and refund to your card.

I said there will be no bill as I have paid you in advance.

Every time you incur a foreign currency charge the card companies charge an extra percentage as commissionwhen you get a refund they don't give you back that extra percentageso you lose money.I am not ok with this.

Do you want to argue your way through life?

I've stayed at £10 a night establishments through to £300. The majority charged/blocked a deposit to my credit card.

I did mention previously that you can raise a chargeback if you feel unfairly treated but you appear to have conveniently glossed over this fact and continue to bellyache, unnecessarily.

As mogandave has stated, you can procure a transaction fee-free credit card to save bundles and also enjoy a favourable f/x rate [MasterCard].

Anyway, if I owned a hotel you'd be the last person I'd want through my door.

I've stayed at £10 a night establishments through to £300. The majority charged/blocked a deposit to my credit card.

I did mention previously that you can raise a chargeback if you feel unfairly treated but you appear to have conveniently glossed over this fact and continue to bellyache, unnecessarily.

As mogandave has stated, you can procure a transaction fee-free credit card to save bundles and also enjoy a favourable f/x rate [MasterCard].

I will…if someone is trying to pull a fast one.

As I mentioned (try to keep up), I have no problem with any hotel blocking off a certain amount on my credit card to guarantee that I will pay my bills upon checkout.

But if I have already paid for my room 100% upfront and the mini bar has been removed, then what are they charging 4K per night as deposit for…..i stayed for 14 nights so that is a lot of money.

Needless to say, I told them to bugger off….and they did…..it was not an argument they were going to win anyway.

In future I shan't be darkening their door with my custom….let me know what hotel you own….I'll make bloody sure I avoid it too.

Too much choice in thailand to take shit from unscrupulous hotel owners.

I will…if someone is trying to pull a fast one.

As I mentioned (try to keep up), I have no problem with any hotel blocking off a certain amount on my credit card to guarantee that I will pay my bills upon checkout.

But if I have already paid for my room 100% upfront and the mini bar has been removed, then what are they charging 4K per night as deposit for…..i stayed for 14 nights so that is a lot of money.

Needless to say, I told them to bugger off….and they did…..it was not an argument they were going to win anyway.

In future I shan't be darkening their door with my custom….let me know what hotel you own….I'll make bloody sure I avoid it too.

in post #121 it was 3k a night...now it's 4k....having trouble remembering what you made up?

That is the treatment one gets from the cheaper spots. 5 stars are more accommodating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkfss

5* hotels don't allow "friends" to stay.
Eh rubbish. The 5 stars do not bother their guests, nor do they hassle over linen damage. My Japanese girlfriend once had a large and unexpected discharge of menstrual blood. Nothing was said. They have my credit card information on my profile. No charge .

Methinks you deliberately misunderstood what I said. Unless your girlfriend is working illegally as a bargirl, she checked in with you, which is normal even for 5* hotels that allow 2 per room.

If you stayed more than 2 days, you probably paid more than what the mattress was worth, if in fact the blood reached the mattress, and it is quite likely a 5* hotel has insurance for that sort of thing anyway, unlike the cheap hotels that most of us stay at in Thailand.

You are wrong. Five star hotels allow guests to take non-guests to their rooms. Hotel staff most certainly do not question guests arriving back at the hotel with their companions. Privacy aside, do you think the hotel staff remember all their guests in all their rooms, every day?

Clearly you have no idea. This is highlighted by your comment about hotels insuring their mattresses.

I willif someone is trying to pull a fast one.

But if I have already paid for my room 100% upfront and the mini bar has been removed, then what are they charging 4K per night as deposit for..i stayed for 14 nights so that is a lot of money.

Needless to say, I told them to bugger off.and they did..it was not an argument they were going to win anyway.

In future I shan't be darkening their door with my custom.let me know what hotel you own.I'll make bloody sure I avoid it too.

Deposits are also for loss and damage. I've worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and I have seen a lot of loss and damage. Flat screen TVs removed; heavy objects thrown through windows; broken mirrors; floods caused by shower heads being ripped off; fire extinguishers misused; holes cut out of sheets; walls drawn on; hair dye dropped onto carpets; broken furniture. That's not even mentioning guests who leave a Richard on the carpet.

Srcasm? Even if it was, you seem to rely on your self-styled sense of sarcasm day in day out on TVF.

You know what they say about sarcasm, and those who use it at the exclusion of other means of expression.

I'm surprised that you now seem able to recognise it in order to be able to misjudge that I use it day in, dayout.

Go on, tell me what "they" say about sarcasm but please don't use the old fall back of Oscar Wilde's personal opinion quoted by some of the ignorant who seem to think it is gospel.

Good afternoon, Sviss Geez! Back for your daily dose, eh?

You can expand your venue by getting this tattooed to your forehead, then go walk around the mall.

Avoid Starbucks and Villa. Report back with results.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Thank you, I do appreciate that recognition.

Deposits are also for loss and damage. I've worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and I have seen a lot of loss and damage. Flat screen TVs removed; heavy objects thrown through windows; broken mirrors; floods caused by shower heads being ripped off; fire extinguishers misused; holes cut out of sheets; walls drawn on; hair dye dropped onto carpets; broken furniture. That's not even mentioning guests who leave a Richard on the carpet.

I am sure that happens but it can't be an everyday occurrence.

Isn't that the cost of doing business anyway? Don't hotels purchase insurance for situations like this?

Srcasm? Even if it was, you seem to rely on your self-styled sense of sarcasm day in day out on TVF.

You know what they say about sarcasm, and those who use it at the exclusion of other means of expression.

I'm surprised that you now seem able to recognise it in order to be able to misjudge that I use it day in, dayout.

Go on, tell me what "they" say about sarcasm but please don't use the old fall back of Oscar Wilde's personal opinion quoted by some of the ignorant who seem to think it is gospel.

You can expand your venue by getting this tattooed to your forehead, then go walk around the mall.

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

Hmmm. You aren't so clever after all.

I am sure that happens but it can't be an everyday occurrence.

Isn't that the cost of doing business anyway? Don't hotels purchase insurance for situations like this?

While I agree it's a cost of doing business, I doubt they have insurance that would cover it.

Damage people do just drives up the cost for everyone, so I think people ought to pay for damage they do.

Why should pay for it?

Eh rubbish. The 5 stars do not bother their guests, nor do they hassle over linen damage. My Japanese girlfriend once had a large and unexpected discharge of menstrual blood. Nothing was said. They have my credit card information on my profile. No charge .

Methinks you deliberately misunderstood what I said. Unless your girlfriend is working illegally as a bargirl, she checked in with you, which is normal even for 5* hotels that allow 2 per room.

If you stayed more than 2 days, you probably paid more than what the mattress was worth, if in fact the blood reached the mattress, and it is quite likely a 5* hotel has insurance for that sort of thing anyway, unlike the cheap hotels that most of us stay at in Thailand.

methinks you have never ever ever stayed at a 5 star hotel anywhere in the world...so why do you comment as you have the slightest clue?

I was correcting the assumption that 5* hotels allow bargirls to stay short time. Have you ever brought a bargirl into a 5* hotel in Thailand and been allowed to?

You have no idea what I have stayed at, but in fact I have stayed 5* in Thailand and Sri Lanka. In neither case were they worth the extra money.

methinks you have never ever ever stayed at a 5 star hotel anywhere in the world...so why do you comment as you have the slightest clue?

I was correcting the assumption that 5* hotels allow bargirls to stay short time. Have you ever brought a bargirl into a 5* hotel in Thailand and been allowed to?

You have no idea what I have stayed at, but in fact I have stayed 5* in Thailand and Sri Lanka. In neither case were they worth the extra money.

I have stayed at the JW Marriott in BKK and seen other guests take bar girls to their rooms. They staff of the hotel opened the door for them to let them in.

You are right that I don't know you. All I can base my opinion on is the comments that you make. You claim that you have stayed at a 5 star hotel, but then you have to qualify it by saying it wasn't worth the money. You also said earlier in the thread that you rather stay at a place that costs 1/10th as much. So why would you try and act like you know what goes on at 5 star hotels when you rarely (if ever) stay at one?

I have stayed at the JW Marriott in BKK and seen other guests take bar girls to their rooms. They staff of the hotel opened the door for them to let them in.

You are right that I don't know you. All I can base my opinion on is the comments that you make. You claim that you have stayed at a 5 star hotel, but then you have to qualify it by saying it wasn't worth the money. You also said earlier in the thread that you rather stay at a place that costs 1/10th as much. So why would you try and act like you know what goes on at 5 star hotels when you rarely (if ever) stay at one?

How do YOU know that they were bargirls? Did you ask them?

Perhaps they were with the guys when they checked in- that's permissible. It's the temporary girlfriends that 5* have a problem with. Also, some places do allow short time gfs, but charge an extra fee to bring them in. It's a way for the staff to make a bit extra on the side.

No 5* aren't worth the extra money. For a 10th of the money I can get a nice quiet room with cable tv, room service if I want it, restaurant, massage service, fridge, hot water shower and AC.

I'd rather use the money for more enjoyable things than an expensive bed.

Software has gone bonkers. Says I have posted more than allowed number of replies, though I was only modifying my post, not posting an extra one. Probably doesn't make sense any more.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

That's what you think. Even given all the previous clues you still can't recognise what's actually being said, can you?

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

That's what you think. Even given all the previous clues you still can't recognise what's actually being said, can you?

The delicious part of this is, neither can you. biggrin.png

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

creepy response...think before you post

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

A reference to irony, which Sviss Geez will, no doubt, detect, and then ridicule! LOL.

Now, had I said I was enjoying it with some Fava beans, and a nice Chianti, that would of been creepy indeed.

post-134393-0-79292300-1442763494_thumb.

A reference to irony, which Sviss Geez will, no doubt, detect, and then ridicule! LOL.

Now, had I said I was enjoying it with some Fava beans, and a nice Chianti, that would of been creepy indeed.

No, no irony detected there. I won't ridicule you though because it wouldn't be fair as you don't understand what irony is.

I'm out of here now as one of the mods is bound to be along soon to end this.

No, no irony detected there. I won't ridicule you though because it wouldn't be fair as you don't understand what irony is.

I'm out of here now as one of the mods is bound to be along soon to end this.

The final irony is the one line insult troll's sudden concern for netiquette.

He leaves quickly, the curtain draws, fade to black.

Au revoir, Sviss Geez.

Edited by 55Jay