Bid to shut Guantanamo roils Pentagon, White House, Congress

Lite Beer

Lets think about this for a moment....you're talking about individuals, who happen to be the same religion as other individuals, and lump them all in with the same collective guilt.

What are you talking about. I never said anything about religion.

Who were you referring to here, "You are talking about people who rape, stone, murder, destroy the Twin Towers, and hack innocent people's heads off". And before you try another ingenuous diversion, keep in mind we are talking about Gitmo prisoners that you have NO PROOF whatsoever of having done any of the things you say.

Wait a minute. Are you trying to imply the people locked up at Guantanamo are innocent people the U.S. Government just rounded up that have nothing to do with terrorists acts against America? If so, please join that other person who keeps posting silly comments and stop it posting about topics you have no knowledge of. Get dressed and go outside for some fresh air.

See if you can, without diversions, directly answer this:

How do YOU know that they are guilty of ANYTHING at all?

Evidence please. Court transcripts. Arrest notes. Anything solid. Anything? At all?

Sorry, rumours aren't good enough.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the latest on Osama Bin Laden's former driver and associate. He has his lawyer pimping for him just in case he gets out.thumbsup.gif

Any takers on the thread wishing to "mingle" just let him know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Guantanamo detainee sets up online dating profile, ready to 'mingle'
DAVID LAWLER
Last updated 13:38, September 15 2015
A detainee at Guantanamo Bay has set up an online dating profile saying he is "detained but ready to mingle", according to his lawyer.
Muhammad Rahim al-Afghani, an Afghan who has been held by the CIA since 2007 and is classified as a "high-value" detainee, appears to have an account on the dating site Match.com.
In a letter to Carlos Warner, his lawyer, the man described by the United States government as a "close associate" of Osama bin Laden also expresses concern over the hacking of the adultery website Ashley Madison.

Few people care what Obama's race is. It's Obama's ridiculous ideas like wanting to shut down Guantanamo, that concerns people not to mention being inept. Shutting down Guantanamo is both irresponsible and dangerous.

"Shutting down Guantanamo is both irresponsible and dangerous. "

No, having a place like Guantanamo is what's irresponsible. If you capture a person and believe the evidence shows he is a terrorist then you try, convict and lock him up.

While I believe that Gitmo is an abomination and should be closed, any real terrorists in it should be declared prisoners of war and incarcerated on American soil for the duration of the "war on terror" under the rules of war concerning prisoners of war ie NO TORTURE.

I for one don't want those bad boys running around loose.

No one wants that but the use of torture and indefinite, unlawful incarceration is not something a western democracy should be involved in.

Detention of prisoners of war for the duration of the war is legal.

Few people care what Obama's race is. It's Obama's ridiculous ideas like wanting to shut down Guantanamo, that concerns people not to mention being inept. Shutting down Guantanamo is both irresponsible and dangerous.

No, having a place like Guantanamo is what's irresponsible. If you capture a person and believe the evidence shows he is a terrorist then you try, convict and lock him up.

While I believe that Gitmo is an abomination and should be closed, any real terrorists in it should be declared prisoners of war and incarcerated on American soil for the duration of the "war on terror" under the rules of war concerning prisoners of war ie NO TORTURE.

No one wants that but the use of torture and indefinite, unlawful incarceration is not something a western democracy should be involved in.

Lets think about this for a moment. You are talking about people who rape, stone, murder, destroy the Twin Towers, and hack innocent people's heads off.....
Where is the proof of that? Only hearsay off intelligent groups who claimed Iraq had weapons of mass destructions. You believe everything they tell you.

I think you're on shaky grounds regarding the law on the matter of detention, but what about the torture bit?

what war, the war on over eating?

I think you're on shaky grounds regarding the law on the matter of detention, but what about the torture bit?

Well obviously they didn't do a very good job in their torture efforts as there are still way to many out there ready, willing and able to chop off heads, rape and murder women and children and annihilate all who disagree with their vial intentions. If a little waterboarding, sleep deprivation, or electrical shocks to the gonads could have stopped the massacre as shown in the link below, America, and it's allies didn't do enough.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719991/Horrific-new-photographs-ISIS-atrocities-prompted-Obama-act.html

Edited by gudtymchuk

I wonder where the US would be on there sanctimonious human rights charts.

I am reasonably sure that wherever you are from, you can petition your gov't to take the remaining prisoners, if you want. Your free to do with them what you want, but it seems that not too many people want them.

It's not the prisoners people are afraid of, it is their trials.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Obama is trying to do in his last year in power, what he promised and didn't in 7 years......leaving for Clinton the work to come back to past times again. Somebody doubt that Clinton will be the next President???.....or prefers Trump or Bush in its place?

Same...same BS... with different "aroma".,...

Edited by Muzarella