Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the problems at the southern Thai/Cambodia and the Kanchanaburi crossing I have the following suggestions. Their is also the fly out and back option to nearby countries. Border crossings that are

Well you are ignorant aren't you? And umm, Kennedy, 911? Please do stay on topic. You're making yourself look rather foolish.   Yes they are. International travel may never be the same again

I just got off the phone with KCI and was told no problem at the Choeng Chom border crossing. Private cars and bikes are crossing along with commercial vehicles. Only passport holders are allowed , no

Posted Images

  • 4 weeks later...

I see many entries about crossing out, but little about coming back.  ??  Also, what about the Border run for a NonB to get a work permit runs? Below is a roundabout question about out and back (sounds like Baggins' "There and Back Again").😄

 

I went to the local Immi Office with the school hiring me, and the Immi Office wants a notarized copy of my degree from the Bangkok Embassy to process my Visa.  Unfortunately, ....the US Embassy does not notarize diplomas, only affidavits of their authenticity sworn by me.  I doubt they will take an affidavit.🙄

 

I DO have a US State Department legalized copy of my diploma.  According to some advice about converting visas in country, I can take this legalized diploma copy (and a copy of the copy, and the original diploma) to the Thai Foreign Ministry to have a copy legalized.  🥴

 

I am freaking lost.  Any help is appreciated.  In many years and four schools I never had to do this before; however, the border run to Laos was possible all those times and also how I obrtained my NonB. 

FF

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't been following the Covid restrictions lately. Can I please ask.

 

I am on a one year retirement visa I got in Thailand through an agency. I may have to return to my country later this autumn. I have to decide if I should extend my visa (and get a new passport)  before I go back home or just let the visa run out, come back from my country on a new tourist visa (or a visa waiver) and start a new retirement visa from here.

 

Will for example the Covid restrictions affect any possibilities to come back to Thailand on a visa waiver? My country is EU, northern Europe.

 

Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I am on a one year retirement visa I got in Thailand through an agency. I may have to return to my country later this autumn. I have to decide if I should extend my visa (and get a new passport)  before I go back home or just let the visa run out, come back from my country on a new tourist visa (or a visa waiver) and start a new retirement visa from here.

I suggest you apply for a new extension before leaving the country and getting re-entry permit when you are able to return.

A this time you would not be able to enter the country due to the restrictions that require certificate of entry issued by an embassy and then go into quarantine for 14 days. It is unknown at this time when the country is opened up again.

It may be a long time before you would able to enter visa exempt or on a tourist visa.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suggest you apply for a new extension before leaving the country and getting re-entry permit when you are able to return.

A this time you would not be able to enter the country due to the restrictions that require certificate of entry issued by an embassy and then go into quarantine for 14 days. It is unknown at this time when the country is opened up again.

It may be a long time before you would able to enter visa exempt or on a tourist visa.

 

Thanks ubonjoe. It will mean getting a new passport at the embassy in Bangkok. It will be more costly and a little trouble but your advice have always been good.

 

So right now I couldn't even enter Thailand from my country on a retirement visa with a reentry permit?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

I haven't been following the Covid restrictions lately. Can I please ask.

 

I am on a one year retirement visa I got in Thailand through an agency. I may have to return to my country later this autumn. I have to decide if I should extend my visa (and get a new passport)  before I go back home or just let the visa run out, come back from my country on a new tourist visa (or a visa waiver) and start a new retirement visa from here.

 

Will for example the Covid restrictions affect any possibilities to come back to Thailand on a visa waiver? My country is EU, northern Europe.

 

Thanks

You probably will not be able to return to Thailand any time soon regardless. However, there is a decent chance that those with retirement extensions and reentry permits may be allowed back before general tourists.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thailandsgreat said:

So right now I couldn't even enter Thailand from my country on a retirement visa with a reentry permit?

That is correct.

At this time only few people can qualify for a certificate of entry. Info is here on a embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2015 at 1:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

Not sure that you have to stay overnight at the Lao crossings. I have seen no reports of anybody having a problem if they have a valid visa.

I know that is being suggested for Laotians wanting to get a new visa exempt entry,

I have Non-O expiration end of November. Could I do a border crossing? Staying in BKK, Chonburi and CR. Also family in Hat Yai. My visa is part of repatriation program. Wife is Thai National. I had to pass a covid test before flying from US and ASQ 14 days. Stepson is Thai and no covid test required.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Neal Hyman said:

I have Non-O expiration end of November. Could I do a border crossing? Staying in BKK, Chonburi and CR. Also family in Hat Yai. My visa is part of repatriation program. Wife is Thai National. I had to pass a covid test before flying from US and ASQ 14 days. Stepson is Thai and no covid test required.

All Thailand's land borders are closed. If you want to stay, you will be obliged to find a way to get an extension of your current permission to stay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neal Hyman said:

I have Non-O expiration end of November. Could I do a border crossing? Staying in BKK, Chonburi and CR. Also family in Hat Yai. My visa is part of repatriation program. Wife is Thai National. I had to pass a covid test before flying from US and ASQ 14 days. Stepson is Thai and no covid test required.

At this time all border crossing are closed. You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time.

Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ubonjoe unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...