Border Run Alternatives

I've talked with Thaivisaservice before.

If you need to activate a second visa you can go to Laos, stay 1 day and come back.

alternative you fly to Malaysia and come back with next flight, no waiting.

So I booked a flight.....

Not sure that you have to stay overnight at the Lao crossings. I have seen no reports of anybody having a problem if they have a valid visa.

I know that is being suggested for Laotians wanting to get a new visa exempt entry,

• Like 1

Many years ago I did a BKK-SIN-BKK visa run by Air.

A Thai Airways promo cost about THB 4500 - it was a fairly quick option that saw me returning on the same plane as my outbound flight.

The whole trip took approx 7 hrs, the time for the turn around in Singapore was sufficient given the efficiency of operations at Singapore Airport.

What is the quickest option from Hua Hin?

No where is going to to be close by.

Mae Sot is the closest I think. After that perhaps Rangoon.

The quickest would be to arrange a flight form Bangkok to one of places mentioned in the topic.

There is also the train sooth to Hat Yai..and then Pedang Baser.

What is the quickest option from Hua Hin?

No where is going to to be close by.

Mae Sot is the closest I think. After that perhaps Rangoon.

The quickest would be to arrange a flight form Bangkok to one of places mentioned in the topic.

There is also the train sooth to Hat Yai..and then Pedang Baser.

Ranong is a option from HH, approx 4.5 hours by car,

I spoke with Ranong Immi this morning, it is ok to activate the 2nd part of a Double Entry TV there, you must show 20,000 Baht and a onward ticket out of Thailand

Iam planning to go there on 30th September if things do not change, see my post in the HH Forum about this

Edited by darrendsd

I have a non o marraige this will be my first 90 day so if i go to Ranong do i have to stay over or just get stamped and how do they compare to Kanchanaburi for the payment

I missed that you were married to a Thai before.

You could get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife. She would have to go with you when you apply. You will need marriage certificate and copies of your wife's ID card and house book.

If your permit to stay is ending over the weekend you would not be charged an overstay if you get the extension on Monday.

No i just got my multiple entry non o marraige 3 months ago so i need to do my first 90 day stamp. I got my visa in Savannakhet.

If you want to delay a border run you can do as ubonjoe suggests and go to immigration and get a 60 day extension of stay. If you use this extension option you only need to do border runs every 5 months.

I dont know if i understand you correctly does that mean i do a extension of stay for 60 days then do a border after 90 and repeat ťhus everytime

You can do that only if you have a Thai family member. You would apply for 60 days extension within the last 30 days of your initial 90 days allowed stay. Not vice-versa.

Edited by paz

I dont know if i understand you correctly does that mean i do a extension of stay for 60 days then do a border after 90 and repeat ťhus everytime

You can do that only if you have a Thai family member. You would apply for 60 days extension within the last 30 days of your initial 90 days allowed stay. Not vice-versa.

Seems you missed the bit about him being married. A 60 day extension can be applied for toward the end of every 90 day stay........

Every time you enter with your Non 'O' you get a stay of 90 days. Because you are married you can extend that 90 day stay by 60 days.

Towards the end of your 90 days you can apply for the 60 day extension. You can apply anytime within the last 30 days of the 90 days, and the extension will start at the end of the 90 days regardless of how early you apply. With some planning of dates and use of extensions you can make a multi non 'O' last a few months longer and possibly do less border runs.

• Like 2

Can you fly to Mae sai? Is there a airport there?

Chiang Rai aka Ma Fa Luang Int Airport is only an hour south of frontier.

Coach from C Rai only a few $$s i think 80-90 bahts hourly from town centre old station next night market or new out of town bus sta.

Wangcome Hotle run a minivan C Rai town to airport around 100 -120 last time i went

http://www.wangcome.com/

Lion Air ,Asia, Nok from Don Muang or Thai from Swampy fares 500-3500 most days Lion or Nok cheapest flight under 2 hrs ,

Please Note very few taxis at Airport none most days can order or likely cheaper faster easier rent a car .

iIget mine from autoeurope.ie for hallf local rate same cars eg 550-600 per day 4 door saloons 1k plus 4x4

You can of course get a $20 'sleeper" all the way from Mor Chit leave you c 2km s of the Immi rive frontier loads of tuktuks .Can turn around in 20 mins if arrive early open 0630 thai time last visit,)600 Myanmar time lack of runners mean farang lane no queue.Myanamr ask 'shopping" mean just turn around not go Kwnetung etc, they now just stamp one small chop

many nice dis fom 500 with air sat in c rai e.g sdiamond park,jamsom,orchid all near jrt yod strip and cafes night marrket

wangcome is ok for 1500-2k

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 2

I've talked with Thaivisaservice before.

If you need to activate a second visa you can go to Laos, stay 1 day and come back.

alternative you fly to Malaysia and come back with next flight, no waiting.

So I booked a flight.....

Not sure that you have to stay overnight at the Lao crossings. I have seen no reports of anybody having a problem if they have a valid visa.

I know that is being suggested for Laotians wanting to get a new visa exempt entry,

Clearly The Thai policy is to focus on Lao entry runners with back 2 back 3o day entries. My Lao mother in Law, is an exception, not a regular crosser and got a month entry into Thailand without any problem. 18-09-2015 @ 11.30 Am Vientiane - NongKhai crossing.

• Like 1