what would you do if you were suddenly broke?

VIPinthailand

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return to the US and be a hobo on the west coast. I hear Seattle and Portland are very generous. I think even the homeless can get food stamps.

San Diego or Miami for me. I fed the homeless in Portland a few Christmas ago when there was like the biggest snowstorm and found out that it is definitely too cold there to be a hobo.

I would sell off all the assets such as our SUV, my condo in Bangkok, a couple of iMacs plus 70% shares in my Singapore company. Alternative I would start selling of my websites and Mobile apps which should keep me/us going for at least 2 years.

My Mrs also has 20 rai's of land which she inherited from her mother plus we have a house to sleep that I build 4 years ago.

Ok, clearly this is heading down hill fast.

CLOSED

Someone on here once posed the question that Members should go home and tell their wives or Girlfriends that they are suddenly broke to see what happens and if true love should prevail. My response was:

JLC to TGF: Sorry honey -- I have gone suddenly broke.

TGF: BS JLC -- you've been reading that silly farang website again, haven't you?

LOL. A buddy of mine said that before he made her his girl he played really sick for a long time even having her wipe his ass for him. After that he "went broke" and she volunteered to go out and get a job to support them both. After she was on the job a while he made a recovery healthwise and financially. He said he knew from that he had a good one and wanted to keep her.

If you did good before your money ran out, good will come back to you...

If you understand that there was a reason for you, to run out of money, then you'll learn how to live without it...

If you'r a good person, there always will be a bed and a meal for you... so why worry about plan B ?

Live the life of a good person... = plan A to Z

I believe in planning ahead, so, for that reason, I have a plan "B", "C", "D" and "E". each plan is funded separately, no one has access to funds unless plan before it has been depleted. if for some reason, I am found dead, all "plan", minus burial (payed for by VA) traveling home expenses, money is then willed to VA in the USA. This way, no one gains if I suddenly jump from 8th floor, or slip and fall in bathroom.

Ok, clearly this is heading down hill fast.

CLOSED

Someone on here once posed the question that Members should go home and tell their wives or Girlfriends that they are suddenly broke to see what happens and if true love should prevail. My response was:

JLC to TGF: Sorry honey -- I have gone suddenly broke.

TGF: BS JLC -- you've been reading that silly farang website again, haven't you?

LOL. A buddy of mine said that before he made her his girl he played really sick for a long time even having her wipe his ass for him. After that he "went broke" and she volunteered to go out and get a job to support them both. After she was on the job a while he made a recovery healthwise and financially. He said he knew from that he had a good one and wanted to keep her.

This is sooo Pattaya or Bangkok fairytale, so it stinks...

Why even post this kind of bull......

Glegolo

A lot depends on your age, employability, support network here or at home. However, if you built up some assets over a long time or a lifetime, even if you are living on the edge and fear going bust, you should always keep enough liquid cash on hand to live for at least three months. Healthcare plan is also a must. These two things at least give you time to sort things out.

If you have been married for a long time and live among Thais you will be cared for... they take care of their own.

I had health problems and was unable to work anymore. My wife and grown children along with the extended family came through for me.

I've always loved Thailand - in spite of the many aggravations here - and now that love is being reciprocated.

If you have been married for a long time and live among Thais you will be cared for... they take care of their own.

I had health problems and was unable to work anymore. My wife and grown children along with the extended family came through for me.

I've always loved Thailand - in spite of the many aggravations here - and now that love is being reciprocated.

up and until the immigration wants to know how you are going to apply for your next visa extension without funds.

call some family member or old friend and ask for help

get enough together to teach english

sell the passport

enter the monkhood

contact a church

call any of the number of old Thai girls

call the embassy and throw myself on their mercy to send me back to somewhere

Firstly, I doubt would go suddenly broke, just gradually so you would be aware of the impending doom.

If going "home" is not an option take a short flight down a 30 storey building..... sorted

Suicide is not an option for me, revenge is.

Revenge against whom?

Archived