PM Prayut to visit United States Sept 24-30

webfact

Prajuth committed a coup, was scolded for that and yet he was invited to sit at the president's table.

Beats me !!

It's a banquet for UN attendees .... Prayut certainly won't be sitting at the top table.

He'll probably be at the back of the hall, at the recalcitrants' table, where any sharp-bladed cutlery has been removed.

On the occasion of ITU’s 150 anniversary, ITU 150 Awards recognize individuals who have contributed to improving lives of world citizens through ICT innovations developed, promoted or implemented by ITU. Total six people in the world including Ken Sakamura, Bill Gates, Robert E. Kahn, Thomas Wiegand, Mark I. Krivocheev and Martin Cooper will be honored with ITU’s 150th Anniversary Award.

What exactly is the award that Prayut will be receiving?

It appears to be a member participation award, perhaps for all the new communication laws passed by his regime.

In his acceptance speech for the Telecoms award will he praise his predecessors elder brother for his significant past role in the telecoms industry?

See what I did then - managed to get the bogeyman in first post! Good or what!

You clever old Jag the wag!

Don't know about praise - does getting one of your mates to grant you a monopoly so you can screw anyone who wants a mobile phone for years; or changing the law without due process so that you can sell your telecoms business for a foreign buyer the next day and avoid tax warrant praise? Significant but maybe not praiseworthy.

Wonder what jet he's going to be traveling on to make the U.S. trip?

The new private Boeing jet the government just celebrated the arrival of?

He will go first class. That is more than I can say about the rest of Thailand.

If only U.S. customs would make him grovel and stand in line then pay to get a visa, prove he has enough money and a departure ticket, and wait till the next day to pick it up.

Heading out to talk about UN-Peace at the UN-meeting, with an UN-believable International crowd, with UN-sane ideas to make it UN-possible for the International community to understand the UN-believable stubborn stance about things that are UN-going in the Land of smiles UN-der the current regime. clap2.gifclap2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

So, ladies and gentlemen, do not UN-derestimate the UN-believable UN-sanity of FACE-sanity UN-der any circumstances in this week's UN-meeting ...cheesy.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by MaxLee

Does anyone have a link to any news story of the US State Department or White House announcing President Obama is hosting a reception for this person? I can't find one, but then again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Past statements and announcements from various spokespersons have, in the past, been based on wishes, fabrications and dreams.

You will notice there is no mention of the reception being held in his honour, which would be sung from the rooftops if it were the case. I think the media are making it into a grander affair than it actually will be, like the Buckingham palace garden party...

Obama might want tips on how to stay in power past January 2016

Does anyone have a link to any news story of the US State Department or White House announcing President Obama is hosting a reception for this person? I can't find one, but then again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Past statements and announcements from various spokespersons have, in the past, been based on wishes, fabrications and dreams.

You will notice there is no mention of the reception being held in his honour, which would be sung from the rooftops if it were the case. I think the media are making it into a grander affair than it actually will be, like the Buckingham palace garden party...

Obama might want tips on how to stay in power past January 2016

'scusa....2017

So they have been trumpeting the UN trip for a solid month and now this headline magically morphs it into a trip to the US. Well yes the UN is in New York and Chances are they will attend a dinner together, hosted by the US but that is about the size of it.

Chinese President Xi is making his big trip to the US at this very moment. He is in Seattle for a couple days for meetings with Boeing, Microsoft, former WA governor and ambassador to China, Gary Locke. The it is on to the other Washington ..... DC ... for talks with Obama and dinner, then to the UN where he will address the General Assembly

Whole lot of news about this in all US papers and media ....... yet not one word about the Thai Generals visit ... hmmmm thumbsup.gif Go Figure

If not for hosting the 4th largest DEA/law enforcement hub outside of the USA my guess is sanctions would of been imposed for the latest TIP report. Otherwise the country has little geo political importance as it's clearly under China's orbit as indicated by the shift to buying incompatible military hardware from China. The general will be at the back and avoided by all barring a few African strongmen.

If not for hosting the 4th largest DEA/law enforcement hub outside of the USA my guess is sanctions would of been imposed for the latest TIP report. Otherwise the country has little geo political importance as it's clearly under China's orbit as indicated by the shift to buying incompatible military hardware from China. The general will be at the back and avoided by all barring a few African strongmen.

The general will be at the back and avoided by all barring a few African strongmen.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Edited by johnsnapo

The general will be at the back and avoided by all barring a few African strongmen.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

post-232807-0-49715700-1443609161_thumb.