Bangkok: Purple Line trains ready for test track run

webfact

Purple Line trains ready for test track run

160-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Metro Public Company Limited (BMCL) will conduct the first test track for its electric trains end of this year before the actual test run in June next year.

Assurance of the test run on the Purple Line from Bang Yai to Tao Poon in June came as the BMCL and the Metropolitan Rapid Transit (MRT) officially took delivery of the two electric trains at Laem Chabang deep seaport in Chonburi yesterday.

Chairing the official delivery of the two trains which arrived from Japan end of last week was the transport Minister Mr Arkhom Termpitayapaisit.

The two trains, comprising of nine cars each, are part of the total 21 trains ordered from Japan.

The remaining trains will arrive by end of November this year till February next year.

Mr Arkhom said the trains would begin test track on its first trains at the BMCL’s maintenance centre end of this year to ensure all system work properly

After that, actual test run will begin on the Purple Line in June next year, while official service will be commenced in August, or four months ahead of schedule, he said.

He also said the BMCL will try to finish connecting its Purple Line with the Blue Line before August next year.

However if this could not be achieved by the time frame, a shuttle bus service will be provided temporarily to connect the two points.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/purple-line-trains-ready-for-test-track-run

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-22

Transport Min: Purple Line train to begin service in Aug 2016

pl.jpg

CHON BURI, 22 September 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Transport has confirmed that the Purple Line electric train system is currently near completion and will be up and running within August next year.

Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith chaired the handover ceremony of the first two trains, which are to be used on the Purple Line between Bang Yai and Tao Pun, upon their arrival at Laem Chabang Port in Chon Buri province. The Japanese maker is scheduled to deliver all 21 trains with 63 carriages to Thailand gradually within early 2016.

The Transport Minister indicated that Bangkok Metro Plc, the concessionaire of the Purple Line project, is planning to carry out an initial test on the test track this December before more thorough system tests take place between February and April 2016. The official test run is set for June while public service is expected to officially commence in August, which would be 4-5 months ahead of schedule.

The Purple Line electric train system stretches 23 kilometers and consists of 16 stations. Each train has three carriages and is capable of handling 921 passengers per trip.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-22 footer_n.gif

Is this the line that will pass bang son or thanon jaran? Or a completely different one? (and is it an MRT or BTS line?)
And what about the construction near hualampong for MRT? Is it for a new line?
I'm still pretty confused about the lines they are building, but really happy to see progress, this city really needs more public transfers that stays away from the roads.

(the map above is still fairly confusing, to me. Especially regarding which lines are about to become a reality and which lines they are just planing. I understand why the railway lines are included as well, but they don't really help much, it's not like I can just jump of at Hua Mak and jump on a SRT train. Or, yea, it is, if I am willing to wait for an eternity, or know when the next train will come, still not really a part of the city transfer system IMO)

Edited by banglassie

Is this the line that will pass bang son or thanon jaran? Or a completely different one? (and is it an MRT or BTS line?)

I'm still pretty confused about the lines they are building, but really happy to see progress, this city really needs more public transfers that stays away from the roads.

(the map above is still fairly confusing, to me. Especially regarding which lines are about to become a reality and which lines they are just planing. I understand why the railway lines are included as well, but they don't really help much, it's not like I can just jump of at Hua Mak and jump on a SRT train. Or, yea, it is, if I am willing to wait for an eternity, or know when the next train will come, still not really a part of the city transfer system IMO)

The Purple Line will be an elevated MRT, which I guess is going to cause some confusion with the BTS.

In any case I think it's going to be very popular with tourists, since it runs near popular landmarks and it would make going through the checklist of places to see in Bangkok a much less complicated affair.

The work at Hua Lamphong is an extension of the MRT Blue Line, it's going to continue on under the Yaowarat area (a very sorely needed traffic congestion relief), under the river and then turn North to close the loop connecting with the current Mo Chit station.

The Orange Line is supposed to pass near Hua Mak, but that's years from being completed. I've always thought it would be a good idea to have a fleet of modern passenger boats to run along the Saen Saep and Ramkhamhaeng khlongs to connect that area and downtown in a more, let's say endurable manner, than the current boat service. It wouldn't have nearly as much capacity as an MRT line, but it could be implemented very quickly.

• 8 months later...

Can't they make the fonts any smaller?