How much will I need

robin4977

It depends....

$3000US for great accommodation, buying many things, trips and drinking everyday

$2000US average accomodation, buy some stuff, trips and drink most days

If you want to go nuts, take $4000US

My budget worksheet:

----------------------------

For me, I was living in budget accommodation (aircon) with bike hire and spending about 15,000 baht on an average daily amount for a week, ($500 a week)

When I hit the booze nearly everyday, it will go up to 25-30k baht on average daily amount for a week. ($1000 a week)

I find most people go through $2000-3000 for 2 weeks but i would personally suggest $3000 for 2 weeks!

The drinking is what cost the most (same prices as in the west when you go out to a good bar/club). We end up buying a big bottle of Red Label for 800 baht and was pissed then we head out! Pre drinks beforehand will always save you money, just head to any 7/11 for booze day or night!

Edited by fitnesspm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please tell me then average cost of a local cuisine meal for two and how much am I likely to pay for a bottle of beer

300-400 baht for a meal for 2 give or take.

small beers 50-70 baht

large 90-120

Rent a vehicle, motorbike (+-1500 baht per week) or car ($ not sure) your choice but don't count on public transport/taxis.

See pic for typical rate for decent hotel. I have actually stayed at the one below which was great and for less than 600 baht its tough to beat.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-25 at 9.14.47 PM.png

Wouldn't most potential tourists ask themselves, "What is going on with Phuket when a hotel goes from $132USD to $18USD" before deciding to holiday here?

It's not a great look, is it?

Edited by NamKangMan

I love the expression, "two week millionaire".

Ah, two weeks, two people, traveling.......hmmm

I would bring 2000 USD cash.....but budget for 1400. put the 600 in a bar of soap (who steals soap), or not.....

and remember, "put it on the Underhills' tab" someone will get this

Lol, the OPs from Yorkshire....

Ehh-up!

Your looking at 1000 Bhat per day Flower (£20 in real money) thats your grub, rooms from 400 Bhat a night (£8) leave out the AC and you could nail this down to maybe £5. Afraid there is no Tetley's or John Smiths so it will be bottles, local brews from 50 bhat Leo, Singha, Heinekan is everywhere, a lot drink San Miguel Light here but prob pushing it on thy budget by sounds of it lad, If thy lass likes wine then get her some Spry that'll sort her out good N proper! Back of Jungceylon thy'll find BiG-C, bit like asda's - get cheap food cooked in there but get in before 5-6ish as is full of Russians then and th'll av 't que fa Prawns... theres no good chippys er out so street food is way to do it, get round Banzann 5pm onwards finger food from 20Bhat (Corn on the cob) pad Thai 50-60Baht, most dishes around that price (I'd just budget on what you would spend at home really, some things are a tad dearer and a lot of things are a bit cheaper) The getting around is a pain really... if you ok on two wheels hire a bike, but waer helmets and be bloody careful there is some rtight maniacs in Thailand both local and farang. Id leave hiring a car as is a ball ache to park a lot of time, maybe just for a day or two is ok. You'll need a UK Euro style licence and international driving permit to be totally legal) most chance it and just ride on UK licence (home country) if no accident, no probs, if have a prang then you could be in the Doo Doo

Seriously enjoy your hol mate! thumbsup.gif

Ehh-up!

Your looking at 1000 Bhat per day Flower (£20 in real money) thats your grub, rooms from 400 Bhat a night (£8) leave out the AC and you could nail this down to maybe £5. Afraid there is no Tetley's or John Smiths so it will be bottles, local brews from 50 bhat Leo, Singha, Heinekan is everywhere, a lot drink San Miguel Light here but prob pushing it on thy budget by sounds of it lad, If thy lass likes wine then get her some Spry that'll sort her out good N proper! Back of Jungceylon thy'll find BiG-C, bit like asda's - get cheap food cooked in there but get in before 5-6ish as is full of Russians then and th'll av 't que fa Prawns... theres no good chippys er out so street food is way to do it, get round Banzann 5pm onwards finger food from 20Bhat (Corn on the cob) pad Thai 50-60Baht, most dishes around that price (I'd just budget on what you would spend at home really, some things are a tad dearer and a lot of things are a bit cheaper) The getting around is a pain really... if you ok on two wheels hire a bike, but waer helmets and be bloody careful there is some rtight maniacs in Thailand both local and farang. Id leave hiring a car as is a ball ache to park a lot of time, maybe just for a day or two is ok. You'll need a UK Euro style licence and international driving permit to be totally legal) most chance it and just ride on UK licence (home country) if no accident, no probs, if have a prang then you could be in the Doo Doo

The days of a 400 baht room with Western style comforts on a few days basis are long long gone.

20 baht finger food - maybe still possible. Budget more on 40 baht.

OP asked about tours .... not possible on 1,000 baht/day budget. Quite honestly that might be possible, but what a horrible holiday experience for a Western couple..

Think its pretty clear the OP will be fine with his budget ,

I do however suggest he logs in again when he arrives so he can let us all know how he gets on and buys us who live here a beer ;-)

I don't have a problem with that to meet up with the locals for a few cold ones

Ehh-up!

The days of a 400 baht room with Western style comforts on a few days basis are long long gone.

20 baht finger food - maybe still possible. Budget more on 40 baht.

OP asked about tours .... not possible on 1,000 baht/day budget. Quite honestly that might be possible, but what a horrible holiday experience for a Western couple..

LK, was a bit tongue in cheek;

But as quoted Corn on the cob 20Bhat Banzann market, low season up Nanai and further on back you can still get basic cheap, cheap... if you are on a budget? Tours (just have to walk up beach rd and bangla) If you come from Beverly or such place in East Yorkshire it would be a good holiday experiance - really...

I don't plan to eat western style at all my bucket list consists of me eating what the locals do day in day out I am always the same when I go to a country I really do appreciate your feedback and giving me the time you have to reply to posts and I take it a 7/11 is like a local shop ? Regards phuket tours I have looked at them already thank you

You don't know what a 7/11 is .... what planet do you live on. 7/11 is a convenience minimarket and world wide.

7/11 worldwide? 5555 never seen 1 in europe