Daikin AC maintenance

SamDean

i use daiken wall unit in my office. it's worked fine until this week. it's been blowing, but certainly not cold. every couple of hours it will make an awful racket, and spit ice chunks out. i have turned it off for a few hours to let the ice melt. When i turn it back on, i get the same thing.

Comments, questions, concerns?

Yes you can if you sort of handyman use a water hose spay the coil ( compressor unit ) with water face slope down and with a brush down the dirt slowly downward.thumbsup.gif

until you see no more dirt water came out , after you done come back here and tell me your story OK tongue.png

! careful not to spray water upwards it will go into the circuit board ok ! do it at your own RISK .

Edited by itsmylife

Labor is cheap. Unless you have done it before, hire a company to come clean it.

I had my inside unit cleaned the other day, it took some time, they did a good job and it only cost 500 baht.

With costs that low why would you do it yourself and possibly screw something up?

Naam isn't icing a symptom of low refrigerant ??

SamDean you could if you like a challenge and don't mind getting hot and dirty

Turn off electricity to the aircon before starting to disassemble it.

clean the inside and outside coils with a chemical like this.

post-2109-0-31442900-1443082728_thumb.jp

I believe its an Alkaline solution,

wear eye protection and cover any surface it might splash onto by accident

mix 50 50 with water and spray on use an old toothbrush to loosen the filth be careful not to damage the very fragile aluminium fins

then spray again with 100 percent clean water...make sure no water gets into anything electrical.!!!

Best option as "oneday" already stated would be to get a team of "profesionals" in to clean, check for leaks,repair and top up refrigerant.

attachicon.gifsmile coil.jpg

mix 50 50 with water and spray on use an old toothbrush to loosen the filth be careful not to damage the very fragile aluminium fins

then spray again with 100 percent clean water...make sure no water gets into anything electrical.!!!

Best option as "oneday" already stated would be to get a team of "profesionals" in to clean, check for leaks,repair and top up refrigerant.

Correct, the gas is leaking.

yes it is the most common and highly likely symptom and no cleaning of in- or outside unit will improve cooling capacity.

Can't believe you said that. Cleaning will improve cooling capacity and make it a lot healthier to boot.

You can also use Coca Cola

We used to use it on our high pressure air compressor heat exchanger coils.

yes it is the most common and highly likely symptom and no cleaning of in- or outside unit will improve cooling capacity.

Can't believe you said that. Cleaning will improve cooling capacity and make it a lot healthier to boot.

take your reading glasses Steve. my comment was in context with icing.

of course regular cleaning is important to achieve best efficiency. but when ice forms on the evaporator due to lack of refrigerant you can clean till doomsday without getting a positive result.

p.s. i didn't know that aircons are booting smile.png

You can also use Coca Cola

We used to use it on our high pressure air compressor heat exchanger coils.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS! w00t.gif

Make sure you off the power before you do anything on it . SAFETY FIRST ! clap2.gif

! Attn : slow water flow will do .

What if he had already done what you said without turning the power off?

He'd be toast by now and not been able to reply.

usually the installation is done that the outside unit gets its power by a relay from the inside unit. but it's still advisable to flip the breaker because somebody inside the home might switch on the unit while the compressor/condenser unit is cleaned outside.

If it does turn out to be low freon, be sure the A/C tech finds the leak because there is one if the freon is low. Freon don't .disappear/evaporate/etc. from normal day to day A/C usage...a leak causes it to go low. Without finding the leak, in a few weeks to months you'll have the same problem again.

Edited by Pib

Where are you located?

There is a Daikin service centre near my house and I arranged them to come service my unit through there. Rather expensive. The guy gave my Mrs his number and now he and his group moonlights after his normal shift and I get it serviced for 400 baht inside and out.

Where are you located?

There is a Daikin service centre near my house and I arranged them to come service my unit through there. Rather expensive. The guy gave my Mrs his number and now he and his group moonlights after his normal shift and I get it serviced for 400 baht inside and out.

that's not expensive but a very fair price if the cleaning is done properly.

Where are you located?

I know.

It was much more when they did it through their office.

They appear to do a thorough job.

Where are you located?

I know.

It was much more when they did it through their office.

They appear to do a thorough job.

i pay 300 but then i have a bunch of units to be cleaned.