What do you see in Pattaya?

lewisp91

As many mentioned everyone like different things. I like all variety of food, people from different countries including mine, many sport, many places to visit, nice place to play Golf if you are into it, many good beaches around Pattaya, it is near Bangkok and many islands, 24 hours activity, many bars and go go bars etc all different prices for all pockets and many more to mention.

The go go bars as you said are not expensive. It cost you 60 Baht for a bear or little more if you like bottle bear. Yes it will become expensive if you want to pick up one of those beautiful young girls which as you said you don't like.

If you are finding food expensive in Pattaya then probably you are on a very tight budget so may be better to go back to Chiang Mai. I advise you not to go to Phukket as there will be 30% more expensive than Pattaya.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK well this how we roll in Pattaya.

Step 1. 14:00 Soi 6 Beach Road for loads of beer and "enjoy" the girls company.

Step 2. 19:00 LK Metro for more beer and "enjoy" the girls company. (cheaper than Walking Street)

Step 3. 21:00 Beefeater Steakhouse for an import pepper steak and loads of red wine. (Soi Diana)

Step 4. 22:30 Back to LK Metro for some Bacardi and cokes and "enjoy" the girls company.

Step 5. 02:00 Grab a takeaway (either girl or kebab, or both) and back to hotel for xxx

Step 6. 11:00 Kick girl out of hotel room (don't forget to pay her)

Step 7. 12:00 Breakfast and shower.

Repeat steps 1 to 7 until no money left then go home.

P.S. Don't rent any jet-skis from Pattaya Beach.

You forgot step 8. From 8 am to 8 pm. If you were so drunk that you can hardly remember anything and "she" only held" when they light was off, you might have had a third gender.

Then step 9. Check if you still have your money.

Finally, step 10. Don't drink and drive.

P.S. Don't pay 20 baht to make a photo for Isaan food in form of bugs. Go there and you'll see that the people are much friendlier and some daddy's also have nice daughters.

Then you can step many steps in one step. thumbsup.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

As many mentioned everyone like different things. I like all variety of food, people from different countries including mine, many sport, many places to visit, nice place to play Golf if you are into it, many good beaches around Pattaya, it is near Bangkok and many islands, 24 hours activity, many bars and go go bars etc all different prices for all pockets and many more to mention.

The go go bars as you said are not expensive. It cost you 60 Baht for a bear or little more if you like bottle bear. Yes it will become expensive if you want to pick up one of those beautiful young girls which as you said you don't like.

If you are finding food expensive in Pattaya then probably you are on a very tight budget so may be better to go back to Chiang Mai. I advise you not to go to Phukket as there will be 30% more expensive than Pattaya.

The OP doesn't seem to approve of p4p, and to me sitting in a gogo with that garbage so called "music" blasting too loud in your ear, while watching a bunch of bored lasses doing the pole shuffle would be diabolically bad if you weren't there to pick a takeaway.

Even the used to be best gogo in Pattaya had fallen to average in the looks department when I went there recently.

Why not try Udorn Thani, ? I think it pretty much depends on what one is looking for. Thailand is vast in differences. Or just visit some areas close to the Mekong. There are so man of these. You can try Nong khai? I did like Chiang Mai. But that was years ago. There is so much history if one wants to see it. If it is not your cup of tea, then move on, and see how it is in different areas? Again? I do not know what you and your friends are looking for? For that matter you could travel to Korat, or NKP. So please make a statement of what you are looking for.... Just my thoughts.....

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

I have zero interest in sex now that I understand it. I desire what I do not have. Once I have had it, it is the last thing I want. Very similar to excreting?

What is sex?

If you have to ask, you haven't had any. You might have stuck it in and shaken all about, but it's nothing till it's better than anything you ever did in your life before.

PS. I know you know what sex is.

I was in Pattaya in 1986. Navy R&R. It was a great place: laid back, mellow, fun. I had a great time. Came back in 2007 and booked a trip down planning to stay for a week or so. I lasted 1 day, stayed the night, and headed back to BKK, probably for all the reasons that are causing you to reconsider.

Pattaya in 1986 reminded me of Hua Hin where I vacationed with the wife a couple of years ago. Hua Hin's more built up and crowded, but it's laid back. Or go a little further north of Hua Hin to Cha-am. More Thai, less farang, cheaper.

From where you are though, you might want to consider heading South then East along the coast toward Rayong, or North up toward Chom Buri. Stop where it looks interesting. Toss expectations and consider it a "Magical Mystery Tour. You might have more fun. Best of luck.

I like Pattaya because I like the kinkiness of getting pushed around by middle-aged Chinese women on tour. Not so much of that in CM. Dang!

I hope this is helpful. Though there is much better music available in CM. Oh hum.

In CM you just have to dodge the Chinese walking in groups down the middle of the street, or driving two or three motorcycles down the Right Hand lane of the road. lol

I'd suggest to the OP he is going to see old falangs with younger Thai women all over Thailand, so he'd better get used to it.

My teerak is 50 and looks about 30. So the OP is probably jumping to a few false conclusions anyway.

Cringe all you want; however, bear in mind the younger Thai women attached to the old falangs are probably having the time of their lives - comfortable bed and board, getting away from their home village where they may have been sleeping on pallets under the trees. Working their butts off in the rice fields for 100 baht a day. And no drunk, gambling, unfaithful and abusive village Thai men to cope with.

My teerak is 55, and looks...55. How'd you get lucky. I bet she hasn't hit menopause yet, has she? Wait for the fun. Lol Mine at 50 looked like she was in her late 30s. Thai gals (and Asian gals) hold their looks for quite a while, but when they age, they age fast. Well, imho.

Leave the beach area and it gets less touristy the further you get away from the beach. Food prices will go down too. Not sure it's worth a month as a tourist, but I LOVE living here. Different being a resident and a tourist.

What areas would you suggest?

Perhaps we're just in the wrong part of Pattaya...

The bus station.

OK good call Lewis. So your not here for the girls and quickly asked yourself :What are we doing here ? And book out of here.

My only question is why more visitors of all sorts do not do the same ?

Edited by morrobay

I'd suggest to the OP he is going to see old falangs with younger Thai women all over Thailand, so he'd better get used to it.

My teerak is 50 and looks about 30. So the OP is probably jumping to a few false conclusions anyway.

Cringe all you want; however, bear in mind the younger Thai women attached to the old falangs are probably having the time of their lives - comfortable bed and board, getting away from their home village where they may have been sleeping on pallets under the trees. Working their butts off in the rice fields for 100 baht a day. And no drunk, gambling, unfaithful and abusive village Thai men to cope with.

My teerak is 55, and looks...55. How'd you get lucky. I bet she hasn't hit menopause yet, has she? Wait for the fun. Lol Mine at 50 looked like she was in her late 30s. Thai gals (and Asian gals) hold their looks for quite a while, but when they age, they age fast. Well, imho.

Lucky for me then. I probably won't be around when my girl hits menopause, and even if I am, it won't matter.biggrin.png

I was in Pattaya in 1986. Navy R&R. It was a great place: laid back, mellow, fun. I had a great time. Came back in 2007 and booked a trip down planning to stay for a week or so. I lasted 1 day, stayed the night, and headed back to BKK, probably for all the reasons that are causing you to reconsider.

Pattaya in 1986 reminded me of Hua Hin where I vacationed with the wife a couple of years ago. Hua Hin's more built up and crowded, but it's laid back. Or go a little further north of Hua Hin to Cha-am. More Thai, less farang, cheaper.

From where you are though, you might want to consider heading South then East along the coast toward Rayong, or North up toward Chom Buri. Stop where it looks interesting. Toss expectations and consider it a "Magical Mystery Tour. You might have more fun. Best of luck.

It's not surprising you left after one day. Time stands still for no man. Most of the complaints about Pattaya come from old-timers who liked the way it once was, decades ago. As you say, those laid back places are still around and probably always will be. Most of the current foreign residents prefer a livelier environment.

Pattaya gets a lot of attention and has the most replies out of all the local forums (Chiang Mai a close 2nd), narrowly beaten by Chiang Mai in number of topics.

Edited by tropo

It's not surprising you left after one day. Time stands still for no man. Most of the complaints about Pattaya come from old-timers who liked the way it once was, decades ago. As you say, those laid back places are still around and probably always will be. Most of the current foreign residents prefer a livelier environment.

Pattaya gets a lot of attention and has the most replies out of all the local forums (Chiang Mai a close 2nd), narrowly beaten by Chiang Mai in number of topics.

Pattaya was always lively..it's had almost the same reputation since the 80's.

Not every bodies cup of tea then as now.

Its sounds like you have not ventured veery far.

The places near the beach are expensive as they are for uneducated tourist, if you weaned r back to Soi Buakhao or second road you will find very inexpensive food.

If all your seeing is Go Go bars then get away from walking street...go to New Plaza on second Road.

There over 6000 bars here between Nakluea and Jomtien and most of them are not Go GO bars.

Its sounds to me like you did NO research nd have ventured no where.

Pattaya has more Restaurants at reasonable prices then you will ever see In Chaing Mai, its also cheaper in every other aspect.

So by all means please go back!!!!

I love it when people come to Pattaya venture no further than beach road and lecture us about what a terrible place we live in , bit like going to London ,hanging around Tower Hamlets for the time they are there and saying London is an awfull place , try telling that to those who live in Mayfair .smile.png

"

" Most of the complaints about Pattaya come from old timers " That is , most of the complaints about Pattaya that you are aware of .How many first time visitors , like the OP , who after a couple of days make a change of plan - do you think get on thaivisa and talk about it ? The situation is not about Pattaya not being a laid back fishing village of " decades ago" No one should expect that.

Its more like alot of folks just do not want to put up with (all the usual complaints) I first visited here in 2001 and it was in no way laid back and that sure was not the reason for my visit.

On the other hand it was also not the congested mess it is today. A congested mess along with bad attitude locals alot of people will not put up with.

Edited by morrobay

" Most of the complaints about Pattaya come from old timers " That is , most of the complaints about Pattaya that you are aware of .How many first time visitors , like the OP , who after a couple of days make a change of plan - do you think get on thaivisa and talk about it ? The situation is not about Pattaya not being a laid back fishing village of " decades ago" No one should expect that.

Its more like alot of folks just do not want to put up with (all the usual complaints) I first visited here in 2001 and it was in no way laid back and that sure was not the reason for my visit.

On the other hand it was also not the congested mess it is today. A congested mess along with bad attitude locals alot of people will not put up with.

It's hard to believe anyone would come here (first timers) and change their travel plans after a couple of days - like they had no idea where they were headed.

It's hard to believe anyone would come here (first timers) and change their travel plans after a couple of days - like they had no idea where they were headed.

Lol I once drove to Chiang Mai, stayed two nights and one day, didn't like it and drove back the next morning.

Lol I once drove to Chiang Mai, stayed two nights and one day, didn't like it and drove back the next morning.

LOL. Chiang Mai is more of a mystery than Pattaya.