Non-Imm O Visa no longer available to unmarried farangs with Thai dependents

Also your logic that allowing 'your' company to be 'owned' by 6 or 7 Thai people gives you control may seem like a good idea but is seriously dodgy. Ask yourself would you invest your money in a business at home, in this way? Why don't you choose a safer route? Become a teacher and keep your money in the bank at home for a rainy day????

When I bought my condo (in a company name), there were a number of Thai proxy shareholders. I was having a new Will prepared and my lawyer told me that the Government was cracking down on proxy shareholders. My co-shareholders are now my wife (she was my girlfriend at the time) and her elder son. I am the sole director and the only person allowed to sign any documents.

Alan

How old is the child?

As Thai law is that you are not the father of the child as you are not married, and if the child is under a certain age then

you must apply to be recognised by the courts as the father of the child, maybe they are tightening up these rules and

giving the Embassies the rules to follow word for word.

My boy will be 2yrs old in March

I agree that there are only two methods in which to 'aquire' fatherhood for a Thai child, the easiest is just to marry the childs mother, & the 2nd is to apply to the Family Court for a Judge to decide. To cut to the 'chase', I do intend to marry the mother in the nearest future, but I need to do a few things before that will happen, as we 'all' know once married everything either of us aquire is owned 50/50.

So my 1st objective will be to create a company, & as I can only own 49% of said company, the other 51% will be divided up between 6-7 different Thai's that DON'T know each other (key point), this gives me control of the company, once created the 'company' will buy land & some vehical's in the company name.

With these objectives obtained I am more than willing to marry my sweetheart, & thus gain fatherhood for my son

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy the land in the name of your child and the cars on your own name?

Land if in kids name would require court order to sell

How old is the child?

As Thai law is that you are not the father of the child as you are not married, and if the child is under a certain age then

you must apply to be recognised by the courts as the father of the child, maybe they are tightening up these rules and

I agree that there are only two methods in which to 'aquire' fatherhood for a Thai child, the easiest is just to marry the childs mother, & the 2nd is to apply to the Family Court for a Judge to decide. To cut to the 'chase', I do intend to marry the mother in the nearest future, but I need to do a few things before that will happen, as we 'all' know once married everything either of us aquire is owned 50/50.

So my 1st objective will be to create a company, & as I can only own 49% of said company, the other 51% will be divided up between 6-7 different Thai's that DON'T know each other (key point), this gives me control of the company, once created the 'company' will buy land & some vehical's in the company name.

With these objectives obtained I am more than willing to marry my sweetheart, & thus gain fatherhood for my son

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy the land in the name of your child and the cars on your own name?

i know in Monaco i just need the Birth certçificate in french and nothing more and 5 000 e on the account

How old is the child?

If you put the land in the child's name make sure that you have some parent control legally over the child because if you do not have the mother can get the land sold by going to the Childrens Court and if she cleaver end up with most of the proceeds of the land sale with the child only getting a small amount left in the welfares hands

I like the idea about they 'not know each other.'

Myself living in an Asian culture, I don't think not trusting people from, say, up north would be racist.Not all Asians..

I like the family angle..

jus saying.. past my bedtime..

Alohz

Goodluck

• Like 1

just got it here in New Zealand my children are NZ citizens also something is not right

if i was you email head office in the UK and ask what's going on could be someone having a bad day

paper work i give

copy's partners of passport ID card house book

bank statements showing money given to her when i am not in Thailand

power bill showing address in Thailand

fill itinerary what i am doing in Thailand

children birth certificate and passports both Thai and [ Eng transacted ] and NZ citizens Documents

copy bank statement show money in my account

The criteria for applying for visas at embassies/consulates varies around the world. Even some embassies and consulates in the same country have different criteria. So it's possible to be turned down in the UK and accepted in NZ when applying for the same visa with the same paperwork.

• Like 1

How old is the child?

There are 2 high profile cases ongoing of Farang who did exactly the same and both got screwed via forged signatures and dodgy lawyers.

It is obvious from your reply that you didn't read the whole thread, so I will just repeat myself for your benefit

"I would like to add, although I will only own 49% of this company, more than a combined 50% will be owned by my own direct blood family (lets just say my father was involved here coffee1.gif )"

And my Thai family are NOT some sort of low income lower class type, they already own a very well established company in Bangkok, and they would not want to see me being 'ripped off'

Your case is perfectly normal. I too opened the very same company 10 years ago. You have further complications these days as the companies financial liabilities are now a compulsory Thai affair and unlike before a Thai has to sign for libel on any company. You say your father? You mean her father! As for your last paragraph, i have herd the same thing a million times.

If you want to listen and do it the best way possible try this. Open a company in your wife's name and trade on it for 6 months creating invoices and legitimate transactions, you can easily create an on line store and shill bid on it. After 6 months tell her to apply for a mortgage. The bank will give her 75%. You then pay rent for 30 years. It cost about 17000 per month and you get a house, a wife and some children if you want them. My wife and family would never dream of kicking me out. I mean who will pay the bills??????????????

It is obvious from your reply that you didn't read the whole thread, so I will just repeat myself for your benefit

"I would like to add, although I will only own 49% of this company, more than a combined 50% will be owned by my own direct blood family (lets just say my father was involved here coffee1.gif )"

And my Thai family are NOT some sort of low income lower class type, they already own a very well established company in Bangkok, and they would not want to see me being 'ripped off'

Your case is perfectly normal. I too opened the very same company 10 years ago. You have further complications these days as the companies financial liabilities are now a compulsory Thai affair and unlike before a Thai has to sign for libel on any company. You say your father? You mean her father! As for your last paragraph, i have herd the same thing a million times.

If you want to listen and do it the best way possible try this. Open a company in your wife's name and trade on it for 6 months creating invoices and legitimate transactions, you can easily create an on line store and shill bid on it. After 6 months tell her to apply for a mortgage. The bank will give her 75%. You then pay rent for 30 years. It cost about 17000 per month and you get a house, a wife and some children if you want them. My wife and family would never dream of kicking me out. I mean who will pay the bills??????????????

When I say my father, I mean MY father (not my partner's father), he was in Thailand many years before me (I'm just following in his footsteps wink.png ), he married a Thai & had kids, so I have a Thai Step-Mother & Thai 1/2 Brother & Sister

I'm not married to my partner so I will not be putting anything in her name (atm), if anything my 1/2 brother will become a director

How old is the child?

Do some research.

[ as I can only own 49% of said company, the other 51% will be divided up between 6-7 different Thai's that DON'T know each other ]

MANY Americans do NOT know about the TREATY OF AMITY, where a American can OWN 100% of a company in Thailand, although there are some limits of what the company can do. ( Buying land is NOT permitted under the treaty UNLESS certin criteria is met - has to do with enterprize )

CHECK to see if the UK has a treaty like the US has. It might be worth the money spent and save you some headaches in the long run.

NOTE: Written during the post above was posted.

Edited by edwardflory

When I say my father, I mean MY father (not my partner's father), he was in Thailand many years before me (I'm just following in his footsteps wink.png ), he married a Thai & had kids, so I have a Thai Step-Mother & Thai 1/2 Brother & Sister

I'm not married to my partner so I will not be putting anything in her name (atm), if anything my 1/2 brother will become a director

I do believe it can not be no more than 49% foreign owned irrespective of the amount of foreigners on the board. I cant really tell you which way to go because i have seen so many people ripped of here by so called close relatives and the such so i am the pessimist. Even better if you don't marry, just offer to pay her mortgage then she will have some issues to think about if things turn sour. You simply look at it as rent because in truth it is crazy to invest here anyway due to the racist nature of the courts.

• 3 weeks later...

whistling.gif Two things you need to be careful about.

• Setting up a company first then applying for a "retirement" visa/extension.If you intend to be active in running your company it may not be possible for you to get a work permit to do that if you have a "retirement" visa/extension. The reason is if you are the director of the company you are "working" in Thailand and you can't "work" as a retiree.
  • Secondly, if you intend to use your company to buy property, especially land, and use that as your house in Thailand you may get a lot of resistance from the Thai authorities. The reason is that buying land and a house using your company is a well-known method of attempting of bypass the Thai laws on foreigners owning land.....and the Thais will scrutinize every inch of suh a deal before they allow it if they do allow it.