Speedtest results down since weekend?

MJKT2014

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's important to make sure you use testmy.net or other high quality testers and not the rubbish on speedtest.net

What good testmy will do if speedtest.net gives low speed?

You realize, speedtest gives better results because of in-Thailand servers right?

How does it know I am in Thailand if I use a UK based server and VPN?

Anyhow, my True Internet has turned to rubbish in the evenings. Been bad for about a week now, at 9pm I could scarcely get 0.4Mb, (to UK server) so no streaming for me. Are the Android boxes still working?

Edited by jacko45k

I'm on True 13mbps ADSL, speeds as usual for me.

attachicon.gifTRUE 28.09.2015 TH.JPG

attachicon.gifTRUE 28.09.2015 US.JPG

Yours looks good, much like I had until last Friday when things went tits up.

Can anyone explain what causes my graph where I get a burst of 13mbps at the start for a few seconds and then it fades out to 6mbps? Is this the new True promotion or am I getting shafted? True not answered my support query since last Friday.

post-228681-0-10763500-1443487208_thumb.

(Our TOT has come good again yesterday but IPTV streaming international feeds very unreliable now).

I strongly suspect the monkeys are fooling around with the controls . . .

Quite so.......

It is not just a TOT problem. I have just retested my TOT speed and find that up load is 94% good but download is only 19% good. I shall be contacting them in the morning to see what they can tell me..........

I was about to say don't bother but then again, you might as well try. My wife received a phone call today in response to the email I sent on the weekend: it was ToT calling to tell her that everything has been fixed! When I got home I quickly discovered that absolutely nothing had changed. Honestly it feels as if they have already begun testing the great firewall.

I ALSO received a call from ToT regarding my internet on Sunday. They NEVER NEVER NEVER call back. Something is amiss here!

unsure.pngcrying.gifermm.gif

I am on True cable and should have 15Mbs download. I have been getting 0.5 to 1.5 Mbs the last 4 or 5 days.

I called True on Saturday and they said they would send a technician today.

Let's see. Last time he didn't turn turn up. He just called me and that there had been a small explosion somewhere and that the problem had been fixed. I was getting the full speed again.

That lasted about 2 weeks.

I am interested in seeing what happens this afternoon.

I am on True cable and should have 15Mbs download. I have been getting 0.5 to 1.5 Mbs the last 4 or 5 days.

Let's see. Last time he didn't turn turn up. He just called me and that there had been a small explosion somewhere and that the problem had been fixed. I was getting the full speed again.

I would think we would all be interested to see what happens. I have now registered my complaint with ToT at the same time pointing out to them that they are in the spotlight on social media.

Lets face it. We are paying for the speed so if we are not getting what we pay for then the ISP needs to know about it and fix it pretty quick.

I would think we would all be interested to see what happens. I have now registered my complaint with ToT at the same time pointing out to them that they are in the spotlight on social media.

Lets face it. We are paying for the speed so if we are not getting what we pay for then the ISP needs to know about it and fix it pretty quick.

They've always been in the spotlight on social media....just on ThaiVisa over the years there must be thousands of posts talking poor/slow support....of course other ISPs have plenty such posts also. Besides TOT will just think social media complaints (there are always complaints against any company providing any service/product) is really free advertising...good for business.

They've always been in the spotlight on social media....just on ThaiVisa over the years there must be thousands of posts talking poor/slow support....of course other ISPs have plenty such posts also. Besides TOT will just think social media complaints (there are always complaints against any company providing any service/product) is really free advertising...good for business.

I guess you are say there's no such thing as bad news however, I am at a loss to understand how highlighting a company's failings can be good for business.

I cancelled Tot last week. Poor speeds and only worked 50% of the time anyway. They kept saying my local tower was faulty.

Now with 3bb. First 3 months were okay and now down to between 532kbps and 1.5Mbps. Credit to 3bb though as they have a very good call centre and are very prompt in coming out to look at issues.

Only problem is they do not seem to be very good at fixing the issues. Changed over the modem last week and now speeds are significantly worse.

Anyone else having poor speesds with 3bb?

Edited by tlcwaterfall

I guess you are say there's no such thing as bad news however, I am at a loss to understand how highlighting a company's failings can be good for business.

Me thinks people who put a complaint on social media and then think they have really struck a blow to a certain service/product have too much faith in social media impact on many issues. Sure it can make a person feel better, but having an real impact is a different story. The fact is there are millions upon millions of complaints, bad reviews, etc., on social media against many products/services and companies know it's impossible to satisfy everyone. So, they fully expect X-amount of negative words to be posted on social media about their product/services. It's rare for the great, great majority of social media complaints to have a real impact on a service/product except in those rare cases where a particular post/video/etc., truly goes viral and is usually associated with some activity that would just piss off most anyone or is criminal in nature....or of course about some celebrity or political person.

And now even the frequent media report of a certain posts/videos going "viral" is way overused. Like a certain Thai TV news report I saw just last week talking about a certain dog & baby video on Youtube going viral...I went to that youtube video and it had just a couple hundred views....wow, a couple hundred views is considered going viral nowdays!? But it was a cute video like thousand of other cute baby and/or other dog videos on youtube.

I just hope you don't think a ThaiVisa thread with a little over 40 posts at this point in time complaining about a slow TOT internet connection (plus other ISPs are being complained about also) is going to have any impact on TOT or spur them to fix their service...nor the thousands of other such posts over the years on ThaiVisa. Heck, TOT knows they have service problems...just look at their telephone/internet lines hanging on trees, laying on the ground, ground level junction boxes which leak, etc. Sorry, I don't think social media posts have any impact on TOT....at least not so far...maybe someday when one post/video truly goes viral that gets ten of thousands or more people buzzing about it will have an impact (at least for a short while)...until then though....

Me thinks people who put a complaint on social media and then think they have really struck a blow to a certain service/product have too much faith in social media impact on many issues. Sure it can make a person feel better, but having an real impact is a different story. The fact is there are millions upon millions of complaints, bad reviews, etc., on social media against many products/services and companies know it's impossible to satisfy everyone. So, they fully expect X-amount of negative words to be posted on social media about their product/services. It's rare for the great, great majority of social media complaints to have a real impact on a service/product except in those rare cases where a particular post/video/etc., truly goes viral and is usually associated with some activity that would just piss off most anyone or is criminal in nature....or of course about some celebrity or political person.

And now even the frequent media report of a certain posts/videos going "viral" is way overused. Like a certain Thai TV news report I saw just last week talking about a certain dog & baby video on Youtube going viral...I went to that youtube video and it had just a couple hundred views....wow, a couple hundred views is considered going viral nowdays!? But it was a cute video like thousand of other cute baby and/or other dog videos on youtube.

I just hope you don't think a ThaiVisa thread with a little over 40 posts at this point in time complaining about a slow TOT internet connection (plus other ISPs are being complained about also) is going to have any impact on TOT or spur them to fix their service...nor the thousands of other such posts over the years on ThaiVisa. Heck, TOT knows they have service problems...just look at their telephone/internet lines hanging on trees, laying on the ground, ground level junction boxes which leak, etc. Sorry, I don't think social media posts have any impact on TOT....at least not so far...maybe someday when one post/video truly goes viral that gets ten of thousands or more people buzzing about it will have an impact (at least for a short while)...until then though....

We're drifting a bit off topic now but whilst I agree with most of what you are saying that's not going to stop me quoting the social media aspect of the internet speed complaint. You never know. It may add some leverage.........

Had the same problem with TRUE last week. Following all the heavy rain. Overhead cables. Coincidence? I don't think so! Called the TRUE service number and gave them the speed figure and told them it had been bad since the rainstorms. Next morning speed was back up to 20Mbs. Same day an "engineer" arrived, undid all the connections, looked at them and reconnected, did a speed test and left. All ok since. Wife has the service no, not home now but any TRUE office will give you the no. to call.

I used to use ToT for internet but had sooooo many problems and they just were not interested so I changed to TRUE. OK, so I've had a couple of problems with speed disappearing but they come quickly to put things right. Pretty good for Thailand.

Called TOT this morning to ask about the poor connection since Sunday, they just sent a couple of engineers around. My fiber set up is fine, which I knew, they said it's a problem with the international connections, which I realised, that it was a Thailand wide issue, which I also knew, and that they expected the problem to be fixed in a day or two, fingers crossed on that.

I'm on True 13mbps ADSL, speeds as usual for me.

attachicon.gifTRUE 28.09.2015 TH.JPG

attachicon.gifTRUE 28.09.2015 US.JPG

Do the same speedtest at testmy.net . Try the US or UK server there and report back. You can not trust ISP's own speedtest.

I tried testmy.net Hong Kong was 10mbps, the USA etc. was 1-2mbps.

Meanwhile, downloading webpages is the same as usual for me, not any slower than normal.

A 250MB torrent before took five minutes to download, nearly all USA peers.

Whatever all the different speedtests may show, my internet is still working okay.

At less than 1000 baht per month with seemingly unlimited downloads I'm not complaining.

TOT just informed my staff that there is a major cable problem at Padang Besar and that means that most traffic to Singapore has to be re-routed.

Apparently it is very difficult to reach TOT by phone today. Guess their call centre is overwhelmed.

We also have a TRUE DOCSIS connection and that has connection issues too though not as bad as TOT.

TOT just informed my staff that there is a major cable problem at Padang Besar and that means that most traffic to Singapore has to be re-routed.

Apparently it is very difficult to reach TOT by phone today. Guess their call centre is overwhelmed.

We also have a TRUE DOCSIS connection and that has connection issues too though not as bad as TOT.

This is the type of info I was waiting to see. Thank you.

My internet is much better today but not as good as this morning. TOT in CR, 40MB Fiber

It is good enough to stream the live football so I'll wait it out.

I have repeated this experiment from 2:00-4:30 p.m. with consistent results:

Facebook no vpn = choke!

Facebook WITH vpn = success

ALL other web sites unaffected whether using vpn or not.

Cable problems result in this connectivity? Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmm . . . "

Ok.

True called me about 12.30 and asked if everything was Ok. I replied that I didn't know as I wasn't home and I asked him what he had done. I couldn't get a decent reply. He said something about him being on Sukhumvit Road and asked if I lived in a condo or house. I told him and he asked for the location. I live at the "other end" of Thong Lor

Anyway he didn't actually find out where my home was but said he would call later when I was home. That was just now and without him knowing where I live the Internet is now back to 20 Mbs up and 1.5 down.

Surely I am not the only person on Thong Lor that has had slow, unusable internet for the past 4 days.

Considering the govt. wants to economise with a single gateway I am tempted to wonder if "they" might not be doing a trial run just to monitor the chaos. I would have thought that most ISPs would have re-routing capabilities for damaged cable scenarios. Also can someone tell me why the international internet goes via Malaysia to Singapore? If Malaysia were to get upset with Thailand for any reason, a nice big pair of wire cutters could close down the internet to and from Thailand.

Considering the govt. wants to economise with a single gateway I am tempted to wonder if "they" might not be doing a trial run just to monitor the chaos. I would have thought that most ISPs would have re-routing capabilities for damaged cable scenarios. Also can someone tell me why the international internet goes via Malaysia to Singapore? If Malaysia were to get upset with Thailand for any reason, a nice big pair of wire cutters could close down the internet to and from Thailand.

There are re-routing capabilities. That's why we can still access the rest of the world - albeit slowly. International bandwidth is expensive so there isn't much excess capacity for contingencies. Everyone has to share whats left.

You could compare it to the traffic in Bangkok. Take a road like Vibhavadi Rangsit which is only one of a few main roads leading north out of the city. If it floods or is blocked by an accident it can paralyse half of BKK.