Currency exchange transfer companies gbp-thb

Question

Currently i just do all my international transfer between uk and thb bank account by international transfer via my bank as it easy enough when i was first in Thailand. But want to look at transferring money in the future using a currency exchange company to get a better exchange rate on my incoming funds.

Anyone have any recommendations of who you use to do your transfers that i can have a look at? If any on does have any recommendations, please write the web address so i can take a look, thanks

looked at a few, some you have to call, hifx seems to have no email support and then I could not get the site to work. I used transferwise last week and it worked well. Thai banks are already on a drop down menu with the swift codes and I got the rate (over 55 baht) and the exact amount in my account on the day they said it would be there. Nice change from nationwide to tanachart where money has been held back until the rate dropped or charged twice for the same transfer. I will be using transferwise next time

Edited by jacky54

hifx.co.uk, buy online using a debit card, exchange rate 1bht less than XE.rate.

That doesn't sound like a very good rate. OK for smaller amounts because of the savings on fees, but not competitive for large transfers.

Sophon

you wont get a better rate than TT mine cost 30gbp.that is for 1hr.express and a little bit this end.

Have to say £30 is wickedly high 1 hour or not !

as i only transfer once a yr.its ok for me.i follow the ex.rates for a month either side of when i want it.if the rate is acceptable thats it.EXPRESS.

Transfer wise wanted £29.60 to send £2000 you having a giraffe. Use your own bank christ even the Halifax will wedge it out for £9.50 arriving at TT rates.

hsbc I believe charge even half of that

My last bank transfer of 2k ended up costing 63 quid due to the intermediary bank charge and wrongful charges by the recipient (Thai of course) bank. Three years ago i sent 40k here, bank at the Thai end somehow felt justified not putting it in my account until the rate went down costing me 800 quid, complain? forget it. At least with Transferwise you get exactly what they say you will, when you will, and it seems the recipient bank cannot mess around and screw you. I did try complaining over the last farce, no answer from the bank branch or HQ, and they would not even answer the bank in the UK.

Edited by jacky54

Transfer wise wanted £29.60 to send £2000 you having a giraffe. Use your own bank christ even the Halifax will wedge it out for £9.50 arriving at TT rates.

hsbc I believe charge even half of that

My last bank transfer of 2k ended up costing 63 quid due to the intermediary bank charge and wrongful charges by the recipient (Thai of course) bank. Three years ago i sent 40k here, bank at the Thai end somehow felt justified not putting it in my account until the rate went down costing me 800 quid, complain? forget it. At least with Transferwise you get exactly what they say you will, when you will, and it seems the recipient bank cannot mess around and screw you. I did try complaining over the last farce, no answer from the bank branch or HQ, and they would not even answer the bank in the UK.

I never understand how so many people have so many problems over simple transfers. Hell the Halifax roots are working class savers thats transformed into a sizable operation. My Thai account details are saved under International transfer. Log In, One click, two click and its gone for £9.50 and every time the 2nd working day after around Midday uk time my Email pings with a landing payment at TT rates at SCB less their 300 Baht. So Simple

I suspect they use the KISS principle

Edited by Chivas