Russian man found dead in swimming pool in Phuket

webfact

Russian man found dead in swimming pool
Phuket Gazette

1_2015928173950152_ZGybYBtuElAaOgtBDLzSp
Officers believe that Mr Ten died two hours before his body was discovered. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Russian man was found dead by his swimming pool this morning after his friend discovered him unconscious in the water.

When police arrived at the house on Moo 2 in Rawai, they found Oleg Ten, 65, on the ground near the pool, confirmed Capt Patiwat Yodkwan of the Chalong Police.

“We found no signs of a struggle and believe that he had died at least two hours before his body was discovered,” said Capt Patiwat.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Russian-man-found-dead-swimming-pool/62042?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-09-29

"he had died at least two hours before his body was discovered"

But his friend found him unconscious in the pool. That does not imply a dead person. Maybe the police should wait for an autopsy before drawing conclusions. But I guess that would delay closing the case.

"he had died at least two hours before his body was discovered"

But his friend found him unconscious in the pool. That does not imply a dead person. Maybe the police should wait for an autopsy before drawing conclusions. But I guess that would delay closing the case.

What it does suggest is that he was not conscious.

Perhaps his friend who discovered him in the pool, pulled him out and attempted CPR was not medically well informed enough to diagnose death?

Perhaps you should wait for more information before drawing unwarranted conclusions about the police.

Phuket police suspect leg cramp caused Russian man’s swimming pool drowning
Darawan Naknakhon

1443502036_1-org.jpg
Police suspect leg cramp led to the death of the Russian man at his home in Rawai yesterday (Sept 28). Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- Police believe leg cramp was the critical factor in the death of a Russian man, believed drowned, at a house in Rawai yesterday (Sept 28).

Chalong Police were called to the home at at 12:30pm, said Pol Lt Col Patiwat Yodkhawn.

Officer arrived with rescue workers to find the body of 65-year-old man beside the pool at the back of the house.

“There were no signs of foul play, injury or assault,” Pol Lt Col Patiwat said.

One of the victim’s friends, who police declined to identify, said the man had been swimming alone for about one hour before his condition was noticed.

“I came out and saw him unconscious in the pool,” said the friend. “I pulled him out of the pool and administered CPR while others called police for help.”

The man’s body was taken to Vachira Hospital for doctors to confirm the cause of death.

“At this stage we believe that the victim suffered from leg cramp and drowned, but we will wait for doctors to confirm the cause of death,” Pol Lt Col Patiwat said.

The Phuket News is withholding the man’s name until it has been confirmed that his family have been notified.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-police-suspect-leg-cramp-caused-russian-man-swimming-pool-drowning-54306.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-09-29

What if he owned this big house with pool in joint name and the Thai gf was just visiting patents while ......her friends decided to expedite the transfer process ( just saying what if ... Cause the story seemed incomplete )

Here we go ... all the crazy ideas coming out with not a bit of evidence ....

Police believe leg cramp was the critical factor in the death of a Russian man, believed drowned

Huh? what evidence do the police have to suspect leg cramp?

- Medical records from his local doctor that complain of leg cramps whenever he goes swimming?

- A neighbour thought she heard a Russian shout '<deleted>, I have one of my leg cramps again that I always get when I go swimming'?

It is highly likely that this was just an accident or possibly brought on by a medical condition. But why not suspect heart attack, why not suspect suicide by drowning, why not a stroke etc etc?

I wish the police would stop trying to pretend that they are medical doctors or medical forensic experts.

Police believe leg cramp was the critical factor in the death of a Russian man, believed drowned

Huh? what evidence do the police have to suspect leg cramp?

- Medical records from his local doctor that complain of leg cramps whenever he goes swimming?

- A neighbour thought she heard a Russian shout '<deleted>, I have one of my leg cramps again that I always get when I go swimming'?

It is highly likely that this was just an accident or possibly brought on by a medical condition. But why not suspect heart attack, why not suspect suicide by drowning, why not a stroke etc etc?

I wish the police would stop trying to pretend that they are medical doctors or medical forensic experts.

"I wish the police would stop trying to pretend that they are medical doctors or medical forensic experts." - I wish the "medical doctors and medical forensic experts" here would stop pretending they are medical doctors and medical forensic experts.

What if he owned this big house with pool in joint name and the Thai gf was just visiting patents while ......her friends decided to expedite the transfer process ( just saying what if ... Cause the story seemed incomplete )

What if you wrote a novel,fiction of course.