Ticket for helmet cam

SooKee

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw loads of people with helmet cams in the US a couple of months ago. if it was illegal there, the police would be all over them, you can't get away with anything on the roads in the US

Where are we? IN THAILAND!!! Every Police Officer here give a shit on the US LAW!!!

Why americans think all the time that the US Law is the world law???

because it is generally, the common sense precedent

A dark or reflective visor is definitely illegal, so I can image the saying about the full face helmet. Wrong priorities regarding safety. sad.png

Maybe it is the safety thing, how easy would it be to scratch your nose riding a bike, wearing a full face helmet and gloves?

Trying to do that and riding at the same time could cause an accident. That's why in some cases I have to stop first.

LOL does anyone really expect that when you get shaken down by a Thai cop someone actually broke a law. A friend got stopped by on of the usual random road block check stops, after they found she had not committed any violation- gave her a 500 baht fine for having a dirty motorcycle.

At that rate the police would make a fortune fining motor cyclists on Highway 117 between Nakhon Sawan and Phitsanulok going either way

even if there is no rain.

The military have asked people in the Deep South Thailand not to wear crash helmets.

National security overrides personal safety!

Meanwhile the police all over Thailand can't give a toss about enforcing any law, including that requiring the wearing of motor cycle helmets, stopping multiple passengers on on motor cycles and stopping under age children driving motor cycles, usually without a helmet.

Sunglasses as well. Should we outlaw sunglasses? What about long hair?

Dunno about the hair, but putting your hand up in front of your face is now definitely illegal. In fact, it is a requirement that you must remain fully visible at all times throughout your life, to provide effective ID to cover the happenstance of you deviating into criminal activity. It's the law.

What about a Shemagh? Niqabs? Burkas?

Boy, the CM BIB will have a heyday come the Feb - April 'burn season'. "Facemask illegal. You pay $400 baht fine."

Edited by connda

And if this guy hadn't had a helmet camera, his video would not have gone viral on YouTube. He still would have been valiant, but few would know.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/859518-valiant-thai-biker-boyfriend-saves-girl-with-a-hug-in-crazy-crash-video/?utm_source=newsletter-20151001-0753&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

They are both wearing proper riding gear too. Save a lot of skin to boot.

Ok, stupid question but nobody has explained. Why on earth would a helmet cam be dangerous? It does not impair the drivers vision does it? What does it do? Record? What's the problem with that?

Tinted visors, much safer for daytime use with no bright sun in the eyes.

Full face helmet better by far, than these piss pot style helmets that will break your jaw off when you hit the Tarmac. facepalm.gif

Dunno about the hair, but putting your hand up in front of your face is now definitely illegal. In fact, it is a requirement that you must remain fully visible at all times throughout your life, to provide effective ID to cover the happenstance of you deviating into criminal activity. It's the law.
Makes sense....

From what i hear having a full face helmet is illegal now(even honda told me this), so wouldnt surprise me if the helmet cam is also illegal

what, what?

Did you just say that my nice new free Yamaha R helmet is illegal?!

Full face helmets are legal, reflective vizors are illegal.
just out of interest, do you know why the reflective visors are illegal?

I believe that it is that the visors behave like a mirror, they can reflect ghosts and evil spirits, they are a sort of gateway to the evil spirits.

From what i hear having a full face helmet is illegal now(even honda told me this), so wouldnt surprise me if the helmet cam is also illegal

Can you repeat that. Having a full face helmet is 'illegl" right?

Full face helmets ste legal.

Many things are against the law here but rarely if ever enforced for long, maybe a day!

Edited by Badrabbit

Many things are against the law here but rarely if ever enforced for long, maybe a day!

Yes, well despite a full face helmet saved my life once, I rarely wear a helmet up here in the country. Spoils an very nice ride to town.

Yes, well despite a full face helmet saved my life once, I rarely wear a helmet up here in the country. Spoils an very nice ride to town.

You don't have to wear a crash helmet here if you are good looking!

Ok, stupid question but nobody has explained. Why on earth would a helmet cam be dangerous? It does not impair the drivers vision does it? What does it do? Record? What's the problem with that?

Tinted visors, much safer for daytime use with no bright sun in the eyes.

Full face helmet better by far, than these piss pot style helmets that will break your jaw off when you hit the Tarmac. facepalm.gif

http://www.ibtimes.com/michael-schumacher-timeline-conditions-f1-legend-his-skiing-accident-1820766

French ski academy Ensa conducts tests on Schumacher’s ski helmet, questioning how it reportedly exploded on impact, according to Daily Mirror. One theory posits that the camera attached to the helmet might have weakened it. Schumacher was filming his son at the time.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/michael-schumacher/10640839/Michael-Schumacher-skiing-crash-did-helmet-camera-cause-head-injuries.html

Investigators are exploring the theory that Michael Schumacher's helmet camera could have caused the helmet to shatter, leading to serious head injuries

sad.png

Congratulations! Life gave you a nice broad hint and you still haven't learned from it.

I would never put a camera on a helmet. Not if I wanted the helmet for protection, anyway.

The outer shell is supposed to stop penetrations.

Chemicals, solvents or adhesives can weaken the outer shell of a helmet, so if a camera was stuck on, the adhesive could weaken the outer shell.

And anything attached to the helmet would obviously have the potential to be driven through the shell on impact...

So chemically weakening the shell and attaching something that could be potentially driven thru the plastic, at the exact spot that you have weakened it, is not the best idea... if you wear the helmet for protection

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If the reason is so that the police can see the approaching motorcyclists face, then what about dark tinted car windows which I thought were banned years ago? But then that is another law ignored after a couple of months.coffee1.gif

Dark tinted car windows scare the bejeebies out of me. If I am walking down the sidewalk and have to cross in front of a car that is trying to enter the road it is impossible to know if the driver sees me. Much worse than a dark visor. IMHO

Congratulations! Life gave you a nice broad hint and you still haven't learned from it.

Here come the judge. . . i knew I'd get one of these. You deserve the rest of the story. I was in Australia where i had an exemption.

That day, I decided not only to wear my full face, but leave early and travel half the speed I usually rode at. The advantage in riding faster than the traffic is that one only needs to know what's in front.

Travelling much slower, I got hit from behind and woke up in hospital the next day.

So all your pedantic little rules go out the window brother. Go figure it.

If I'd left later, travelled wihtout a helmet and faster, there would have been no accident.

Got it?

Life is not full of smug little rules. Its full of mystery.

Here come the judge. . . i knew I'd get one of these. You deserve the rest of the story. I was in Australia where i had an exemption.

That day, I decided not only to wear my full face, but leave early and travel half the speed I usually rode at. The advantage in riding faster than the traffic is that one only needs to know what's in front.

Travelling much slower, I got hit from behind and woke up in hospital the next day.

If I'd left later, travelled wihtout a helmet and faster, there would have been no accident.

Got it?

Nice story mate, but you really should wear your helmet. I spent 1 month in ICU, one side of my head had to but cut open to stop bleeding on my right frontal lobe.

Today I have a piece of plastic (copy of the right side skull) in my head, and it doesn't look pretty.

What's the moral of the story you say? I was going only 60 km/h and I was wearing a helmet. I would have been dead otherwise, just put it on mate, it wont kill you.

Cheers.

Got it?

You make your own decisions, as we all do.

But your story is not a reason to not wear a helmet IMO. But your choice.

Got it?

You make your own decisions, as we all do.

But your story is not a reason to not wear a helmet IMO. But your choice.

No. That's right. In my original post, I said it spoils a nice ride into town. My choice.

The story is about what caused an accident, that otherwise would not have happened. Its not a rationale, just an observation on behalf of the pouncing of the politically correct and their punditry.

Experts in their fields. Anyway I knew as I posted it, it would draw the fires of ire.

Really of course, I should know better on the eve of my 70thbirthday but I was dragged out of a ditch by a tractor last week. Lets not start another accident story.

I hesitate to comment further in resistance to the ping pong of pettiness.

If I do go down on the road in Thailand, I will just be adding to statistics which are all for it, in the Land of Road Kill.