Thai lawyer says Karadag did confess to be Erawan shrine bomber

Jonathan Fairfield

I find it hard to believe that karadag actually confessed to being the erawan shrine bomber he does not fit the description of the bomber in any way I think this is a load of cobblers he confessed under duress.

and now he has confessed that he confessed

But did he do it?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it hard to believe that karadag actually confessed to being the erawan shrine bomber he does not fit the description of the bomber in any way I think this is a load of cobblers he confessed under duress.

and now he has confessed that he confessed

But did he do it?

Up to the court to decide. That's how it works. Also in Thailand. rolleyes.gif

Karadag also said he wanted an Uighur interpreter as he could not communicate in both English and Turkish.
------
I wonder in what language he has been communicating all this time while in custody?

That is not what he said. You must be confused. He wants an interpreter because he cannot speak either English or Turkish.

Thai lawyer knows how to stay alive

In any Western country this lawyer would be disbared. I practiced law for many years and I cannot imagin an attorney doing what is attributed to this guy and continueing to practice law. What he did is criminal.

In any Western country this lawyer would be disbared. I practiced law for many years and I cannot imagin an attorney doing what is attributed to this guy and continueing to practice law. What he did is criminal.

I think you are getting a bit mixed and muddled Kjun---------"cannot imagine attorney doing what is attributed to this guy"

I think it was the "guy" that was DOING it not the Attorney

"What he did is criminal"------------ who? The Guy or the Attorney?????

Sorry but I read your post 3 times and still "me no understand" HaHa But I think I know what you mean !!!!clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Very very odd.

He can't communicate without an interpreter yet he made a confession to police, and told his lawyer he made a confession.

He did not confess to the lawyer, but allegedly told his lawyer he had confessed to the police. There's a difference.

Why is his lawyer going public with the admission of a confession? This is the biggest question right now.

This guy needs an incorruptible and dedicated lawyer. Remember, the lawyer, out of the blue, assigned himself.....who is paying him?

It's easy to imagine that this guy is a patsy, and that the lawyer was never on his side from the start.....I really don't blame the people who suffer from the old MacCarthyism slogan; Reds under the bed.

Lawyer could be part of the "lets wrap it up and put it to bed' crowd. After politicians I hate lawyers the most. All the lawyer jokes are true and then some. Shysters all of them.

Edited by elgordo38

Is this Lawyer the Defence Lawyer or the Prosecutor ?

Defence lawyer - I want to know where the human rights watch are as they need to convince him to deny everything and say he was tortured as that is their stock procedure!! The truth doesn't come into it, just lie your head off and adopt an angelic look until you gain sympathy, it normally works once enough people are taken in by it!!

Edited by lucky11

Who is this lawyer guy working for, his client or the police? Every once in a while you get a small flicker of insight into the Thai justice system and it is does not appear to be a pretty picture. Did the accused guy confess in English or Turkish? Apparently it was not in his first language as he wants an interpreter.

I am sure we will be getting a drip-drip account from at least six most conflicting sources for the next 6 months.

I think you are getting a bit mixed and muddled Kjun---------"cannot imagine attorney doing what is attributed to this guy"

Sorry but I read your post 3 times and still "me no understand" HaHa But I think I know what you mean !!!!clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No, Kjun12 isn't muddled....or wrong....at all. Please read his post again. He was talking about what the lawyer did.....exposing his client's confidences to the press and public. I'm doubtful that what the lawyer did is technically criminal but in the west this lawyer would definitely be disbarred. Thailand has the same ethics rule barring disclosure of client communications absent the clear and knowledgeable consent of the client (and, given even this lawyer said the accused requested an Uighur interpreter as he couldn't communicate in other languages, it's unlikely that a proper waiver was ever given).

Bomber or not the RTP police need to put this behind them ASAP and this guy is <deleted>. Look at the ko-Tao guys, guilty or not they are going down.

Do you want to know the difference between these two cases? I will tell you, the rights watch dare not get involved in this one, hence the lack of denial and retraction of guilt under the pretence of torture.

So without being able to talk to him in his own language both the police and his lawyer are confident of his confession. Seems odd to say the least.

Universal sign isn't odd in the least and an extremely simple language.

Edited by silent

Very very odd.

He can't communicate without an interpreter yet he made a confession to police, and told his lawyer he made a confession.

He did not confess to the lawyer, but allegedly told his lawyer he had confessed to the police. There's a difference.

Why is his lawyer going public with the admission of a confession? This is the biggest question right now.

This guy needs an incorruptible and dedicated lawyer. Remember, the lawyer, out of the blue, assigned himself.....who is paying him?

It's easy to imagine that this guy is a patsy, and that the lawyer was never on his side from the start.....I really don't blame the people who suffer from the old MacCarthyism slogan; Reds under the bed.

It's the militaries lawyer!

But I have to say, this isn't one case I would like to speculate.

My native language isn't English but I understood perfectly what he meant.

For a lawyer to present himself as the uigurs attorney and too disclose anything to the public is unlawful and unethical in any developed country.

Disclosing a client-attorney discussion to the public is a criminal act and he should be disbarred immediately if he's really the uigurs representative lawyer, if not, he went to question him under false pretenses.

Not so difficult to understand, wether 'this guy' is guilty or not to the bombing, should be left to REAL lawyers and a REAL justice system.

Karadag also said he wanted an Uighur interpreter as he could not communicate in both English and Turkish.
------
I wonder in what language he has been communicating all this time while in custody?

Whatever language, so much for client confidentiality. Kind of lawyer I'd want.

Possibly, the RTP promise guys like this the moon and no jail time if they play along for the public, Once they have "confessed" they're boned anyway. Why would the guy just give up and confess when the cops can barely figure out a homicide case? I mean, maybe he is just that stupid.., sure I'm skeptic of all the work done under this govt'. Why not have the guy show where he got his disguise from and have him run by the cameras as per usual RTP procedure?

I hope they do have the bomber(s)... But, color me skeptical.

------

that's what i thought, he must have done well already, maybe he wants to retract his confession once an interpreter sees him

------

Arabic Chinese, Thai, english and turkish, however he needs a Uigher interpreter to help with gettting leniency, and for describing his motive as, "I only did it so I could get into the country" WOW, only murdered 20 people by placing a bomb and maiming many others so please give me leniency as I will explain it was not a terrorist attack and I dont blame you Thai police for deporting my friends some of whom got shot dead and imrisoned that was just normal proceedure I only wanted to save money getting into Thailand so I went to temple disguised with Mr Emeraili after he gave me bomb and he went to shrine as well to take lovely pictures of death and mayhem, sorry after I called his cell he detonate but me not sure .whistling.gif