Unexpected good luck on late 90 day reporting

You need to buy a calender,the banks will be giving them away in December,

write the dates of 90 day reporting ,dates for your extension visa,and hang

it somewhere so you see it everyday,it could easily save you a 2000 thb fine,

with just a little input.

regards Worgeordie

Similar idea, I use Google calendar and set it to email me alerts as the date approaches.

• Like 1

And next time you give the internet report a chance.

2 hours waiting time blink.png

Different part of Thailand tongue.png

My selfmade wall calendar is made of four DIN A4 sheets.

It contains as many important appointments per year as a stressed managers day calendar biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

regards Worgeordie

I marked mine on the calendar and it came up on Wednesday. Thought I would have a go at the online facility, when I got to the TM6 I suddenly remembered that I went to Laos shortly after returning from the UK and forgot to change the calendar. Good job I hadn't gone running off to immigration, wife would not be amused.

At least it is not late, try again in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

regards Worgeordie

I use "windows live mail desktop" and in the calendar send myself an e mail for a week before every time I get back from immigration

• Like 2

SO many times I've had that jolt to the gut, thinking "Oh damn, did I forget to do my 90 day check in?" I scramble around to where I usually keep my passport, remember that I moved it, retrieve it then open it up. Whew, I still have seven weeks left.

Mexico - Tourist visa, about $25. Good for 180 days, no check in with immigration. Do a visa run and you're good for another 180 days.

A little over two weeks to go. On another similar note, a member had pointed out to me that the ocean water in Zijuatanejo was polluted and there were warning signs not to go swimming. My friend who has lived there for years said that was an isolated instance due to extreme rain and sewage overflow had poured into the sea. Currently GREAT snorkeling all around the area.

Still no soapies, though . . .

Edited by quandow
  • Like 1

regards Worgeordie

Similar idea, I use Google calendar and set it to email me alerts as the date approaches.

I use Google calendar as well. No excuse for being late. Last time, I was in and out of Jomtien Immigration within 2 minutes or so.

Alan

• Like 2

And next time you give the internet report a chance.

2 hours waiting time blink.png

Different part of Thailand tongue.png

My selfmade wall calendar is made of four DIN A4 sheets.

It contains as many important appointments per year as a stressed managers day calendar biggrin.png

I was a few days late (i calculated from the last 90 day report not the date i had to do it). The guy told me he could fine me, but said it was a mistake and no problem this time. Quite a few good guys working at immigration (some bad ones too who like to let people jump through extra hoops)

The women officers have been the worst in my experience of 3 offices.

Good story OP. I am new to the 90 reporting and hadn't done my first one yet and was a little confused with regards to what happened when you left the country before the reporting date. I returned from Bali on 6th Aug and assumed that my reporting date would be 90 days from then. But as we visited the Hua Hin Immigration office yesterday to obtain an extension for my wife's Tourist Visa, I thought I'd ask the office that served her. He took my passport, checked my stamps and asked if I was still living at the same place. He then attached a new reporting date slip to my passport for 30th Dec. All good. This date then goes into my smartphone calendar :)

And as a side note, we attended there at about 1.30pm where there was about 5 or so other couples waiting. Grabbed a number from the ticket machine, and we were the next number called. In and out in about 15 mins tops.

• Like 1

Happened to me a couple of times over the years. Saves the day and you can happily spend the 2000 baht on nothing valuable.

I actually once told the officer I didn't want the stamp in my passport, was there anyway to get around that? yes he said and split the 2000 between us and off I went.

I sometimes get into an argument with officers (traffic police and immigration), it seems when you argue and then admit you where at fault, this makes them gain a lot of face and they will let you go without paying anything as a reward for giving them all that face, should try it again sometime just to verify my theory. I also think the more loud and visibly you argue and the more people are around, the more likely you will get away without paying when you admit you are at fault.

tongue.png

• Like 1

regards Worgeordie

Same goes for the people who accidentally over stay by 8 months