Benelli 25 TNT

GARYZX6R

By my maths , Kawasaki , RE , Triumph and Yamaha are all ahead of AP (honda). Yes Allan , if MC D is all you can afford , what your friends eat , or all you can be bothered to look for , then thats what some people will eat. There is now more , and far better choices out there (bikes not "pink slime" burgers ) if people choose to look.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very recently bought a Lifan, no bones about it a 100% Chinese product..okay assembled in Thailand.... I bought it because everyone says it is reliable, some having had one for 5 years and lost only 20 or so,000 baht in general depreciation...And only that because you cans still buy a new one so cheaply.

So is this Chinese connection here with Benelli such a bad thing anyway?

I think most sane people will agree it looks great, sounds great and fit and finish is at least on par.

Honda is still number 1 motorcycle manufacturer on Earth and in Thailand .

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1449219931.736287.jpg

Honda number one? If your unites sold table is any indication we could say that Honda is not even in the top 3…

well, they are the best selling bike manufacturer on earth period. About Thailand i would think as well. maybe not at this particular motorshow but why don't we compare the Thai sales figures for 2015 when they are available and come back to this topic.....

According to this link, Yamaha sold 50% more bikes in Q1 2015. Figures broken down by displacement.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm

Yeah was gonna say in the UK the little Yamaha r125 is everywhere..however who really cares who sold the most UN less your a shareholder....lol......

• 3 months later...

I rode the TNT 25, it is OK but you can tell it is a cheap bike - sorry but the Honda, Kwakas and Yams are better built.

The problem with Benelli is the cheap bad transmissions, lots of false neutrals, hard to find neutral and just don't feel premium compared to the Jap bikes. Was the same with the Benelli 300, that was a lot better than the TNT25, handled well and felt well put together, but rubbish transmission.

I don't know why poster on here say they see Benellis everywhere and they are flying out of the showrooms. I ride everyday, all over Bangkok and hardly see any. I see a lot of R15s though, they are popular, and more and more M Slazs.

Edited by PremiumLane

I rode the TNT 25, it is OK but you can tell it is a cheap bike - sorry but the Honda, Kwakas and Yams are better built.

The problem with Benelli is the cheap bad tranmissions, lots of false neutrals, hard to find neutral and just don't feel premium compared to the Jap bikes. Was the same the Benelli 300, that was a lot better than the TNT25, handled well and felt well put together, but rubbish tranmission.

Others who own them say most of that is clutch setup!

The problem with Benelli is the cheap bad tranmissions, lots of false neutrals, hard to find neutral and just don't feel premium compared to the Jap bikes. Was the same the Benelli 300, that was a lot better than the TNT25, handled well and felt well put together, but rubbish tranmission.

Others who own them say most of that is clutch setup!

Fair enough, but you would think Benelli would sort that out before letting the bikes out of the showrooms? The 300 I liked, the 250, felt too cheap

The problem with Benelli is the cheap bad transmissions, lots of false neutrals, hard to find neutral and just don't feel premium compared to the Jap bikes. Was the same with the Benelli 300, that was a lot better than the TNT25, handled well and felt well put together, but rubbish transmission.

Sorry but crap. Umm, cant vouch for the TNT25 but I own a 300 for the last 3 weeks, 800 kms not one false neutral and the transmission is every bit a positive and smooth as any of the 25 plus jap bikes I have owned in my life. Sorry but also there is a lot of talking DELETED on TV about chinese quality, yep som is low grade and the price reflects and some is qualty and the price is reflected by compeitive prices and often lower tariffs on import duty etc.. The 300 is part built in China then finished in Chachongsao in yep Thailand just like so many of the jap bikes folk ride here. So okay keep spinning yer jackanories about a bike youve never owned and keep telling yourselves china is bad and japan is good ...when I was a kid it was jap crap when we had a British motorcycle industry ...now its the chinese to get a bashing. All I can say is lets wait for the next global episode in where folks bikes come from, dont forget the Chinese are far from dumb and can cetainly spin a buck or two and can certainly chuck a lot of cash at R and D too.

Edited by seedy
language

I don't know why poster on here say they see Benellis everywhere and they are flying out of the showrooms. I ride everyday, all over Bangkok and hardly see any. I see a lot of R15s though, they are popular, and more and more M Slazs.

I have a friend who always have had Honda motorcycle with one exception that he had a Yamaha. When he trying to ride my MV Agusta or a Ducati from another friend he always complains that the gear shifting is more difficult.

The truth is that most owners of Italian made / designed motorcycles have a different feel to changing gear. Is the Honda (Japanese) better, or is the Italian (European) way better? I call it just different...

I have ridden Ducatis, they have good transmissions, no different to the Jap bikes, a good tranmission is a good tramission, end of - the Benellis I rode were not as good. I didn't say it was the worst thing ever, but it just isn't as good.

Edited by PremiumLane

Sorry but crap. Umm, cant vouch for the TNT25 but I own a 300 for the last 3 weeks, 800 kms not one false neutral and the transmission is every bit a positive and smooth as any of the 25 plus jap bikes I have owned in my life. Sorry but also there is a lot of talking .... on TV about chinese quality, yep som is low grade and the price reflects and some is qualty and the price is reflected by compeitive prices and often lower tariffs on import duty etc.. The 300 is part built in China then finished in Chachongsao in yep Thailand just like so many of the jap bikes folk ride here. So okay keep spinning yer jackanories about a bike youve never owned and keep telling yourselves china is bad and japan is good ...when I was a kid it was jap crap when we had a British motorcycle industry ...now its the chinese to get a bashing. All I can say is lets wait for the next global episode in where folks bikes come from, dont forget the Chinese are far from dumb and can cetainly spin a buck or two and can certainly chuck a lot of cash at R and D too.

Talk about hyperbole. I never said China bad, Jap good. I made an observation of the Benelli bikes I rode. DELETED, I said the 300 was a good bike, I like it, but felt the transmission wasn't quite up to scratch - that is all. DELETED

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming

I very recently bought a Lifan, no bones about it a 100% Chinese product..okay assembled in Thailand.... I bought it because everyone says it is reliable, some having had one for 5 years and lost only 20 or so,000 baht in general depreciation...And only that because you cans still buy a new one so cheaply.

I think most sane people will agree it looks great, sounds great and fit and finish is at least on par.

for 5 years and lost only 20 or so,000 baht

biggrin.png

Lost more than cost?

I know one guy who loves Chinese motorcycles ..
he is the owner of a workshop for repair of motorcycles(in Russia).
Chinese motorcycles bring a steady income.
stripped thread on the bolt collar (not once does not spin after the plant) is the norm. and many other things.biggrin.png

for 5 years and lost only 20 or so,000 baht

biggrin.png

Lost more than cost?

I know one guy who loves Chinese motorcycles ..

he is the owner of a workshop for repair of motorcycles(in Russia).

Chinese motorcycles bring a steady income.

stripped thread on the bolt collar (not once does not spin after the plant) is the norm. and many other things.biggrin.png

Is he also busy with Russian motorcycles?