US: Multiple deaths in school shooting in Oregon State

webfact

Guns were banned many years ago in the UK (except "some' shot gun owners), it didn't stop those who want to shoot folk from finding a gun.

Remind me again, how many mass- shootings there have been in the UK since "many years ago"!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all of this nor am I going to.

My only comment is directed to Obama, it was one of the best speeches I have heard him give, most ad-libbed and from the heart. He, has just about had a gut full of the right wing gun lobby and the frustrations associated with them.

Christians have been getting killed for a long time. Did the Romans blame the lions?

The young man did ask the Christians to stand up then shot the Christians right? We have not buried that fact yet have we?

What is it about the US that you feel the need to have a gun but in Thailand you dont?

Do you feel scared without a gun in Thailand?

Who said that? I didn't say anything about guns in Thailand that would be off topic.

Ok so you dont have a gun in the US therefore it doesnt worry you not having one in Thailand.

It seems he graduated from a school in CA for kids with "Special needs".

So probably medicated and bat shit crazy.

But of course Fox will be desperate to say this happened because he got radicalised, not because he was a nutter who was easily able to obtain firearms and ammunition.

Can't have that, can we?

Oh good, Megyn Kelly's on, can't wait to hear what she'll direct her histrionics towards.

You actually watch Fox News?

He's obsessed with it. He watches it more than anybody else on TVF.

4 pages of posts and as alway, and I mean ALWAYS, these threads turn into people raging about gun ownership in the US within the first 5 posts... It's like arguing that the sun does not rise in the east, it is never going to change, so why rage about it... Americans will never be disarmed and in fact gun ownership has skyrocketed under the current administration... So, if you are going to live in the USA, you need to arm yourself for self defense purposes and quit bitching about it...

And those with mental issues also arm themselves to do some mass shootings. No need to feel sorrow or sadness about the victims, just quit bitching about it ?

Guns were banned many years ago in the UK (except "some' shot gun owners), it didn't stop those who want to shoot folk from finding a gun.

And how many gun deaths do they have per year compared with the USA? Just a fraction so obviously it worked!! Thx for helping

What is the population of the UK compared to the US?

How many gun deaths did the UK have prior to introducing draconian gun laws following Dunblane and Hungeford? Comparing that actual reduction to reduction is more pertinent.

The UK and other EU countries also have draconian laws on knife control. Hasn't stopped stabbings.

US citizens have always enjoyed more freedoms than their European cousins. And, quite rightly don't want to loose them. State control is progressing more and more in Europe.

I think you guys are off topic. The thread is about a Muslim guy asking students who is a Christian and then shooting them. It's a common theme in the Middle East and has arrived numerous times on Western shores. Why are you trying to make it about gun control?

I have not read anything that says the guy was Muslim. In his dating profile, the guy says he's a conservative Republican, no religion.

What religion comes to mind when asking people if they are Christian and then shooting them?

Other Christians?

According to CNN, he asked the victims to stand up and then asked them if they were Christians. If they said yes, he shot them in the head. If they said no, he shot them in the leg.

If he wasn't an Islamic radical could he possibly have been from that other religion/cult called...atheism?

Based on some of the venom that I have read on this forum against Christianity and other religions by atheists, I might be compelled to believe some of them could be capable of such acts as this fool.

Maybe he felt the need to kill a few Christians to right some imagined wrong.

Edited by chuckd

Christians have been getting killed for a long time. Did the Romans blame the lions?

The young man did ask the Christians to stand up then shot the Christians right? We have not buried that fact yet have we?

What is it about the US that you feel the need to have a gun but in Thailand you dont?

Who said that? I didn't say anything about guns in Thailand that would be off topic.

Ok so you dont have a gun in the US therefore it doesnt worry you not having one in Thailand.

When I got to Thailand I had enough guns to wipe out a small country. I don't see what that has to do with a nut in the USA killing Christians because of their religion.

Remind me again, how many mass- shootings there have been in the UK since "many years ago"!

And remind us of how many mass shootings happened before the introduction of draconian gun laws in the UK.

Off hand, I can think of Hungerford (met two people involved in that some time later), Dunblain, and one in Leicester.

4 pages of posts and as alway, and I mean ALWAYS, these threads turn into people raging about gun ownership in the US within the first 5 posts... It's like arguing that the sun does not rise in the east, it is never going to change, so why rage about it... Americans will never be disarmed and in fact gun ownership has skyrocketed under the current administration... So, if you are going to live in the USA, you need to arm yourself for self defense purposes and quit bitching about it...

And those with mental issues also arm themselves to do some mass shootings. No need to feel sorrow or sadness about the victims, just quit bitching about it ?

Where has anyone expressed remorse for the victims in this thread? It has been 4 pages of nothing but bitching about guns... You want to protect yourself from a nut job in the US that has a gun, them ARM YOURSELF... Like I have already said, Americans will not be disarmed without a civil war in the US...

On the other hand, you might ask a few Europeans what they think about their lack of access to guns now that the migrant horde from the ME is heading their way...

American seem to nut understand that less guns mean less gun shots...

Americans understand that, they are just willing to live with it. Certainly a sad and terrible thing but most Americans are disconnected from 12 people in Oregon. USA is a big place and a few deaths somewhere doesn't get much reaction when so many die everywhere everyday. It just isn't the big deal in America as it seems to be in other nations.

And remind us of how many mass shootings happened before the introduction of draconian gun laws in the UK.

Off hand, I can think of Hungerford (met two people involved in that some time later), Dunblain, and one in Leicester.

I can think of the Troubles but what does that have to do with an attack on Christians in the USA?

Clearly the Muslim-factor is the deciding one!

Because never in the history of anything, has a right- wing christian shot anyone...or at least in the last week!coffee1.gif

Open you eyes.

Moslem radicals and terrorists are violent, kill, and are a growing entity. Sadly.

I would sooner be in a society where I could take steps to protect myself and family, rather than totally rely on the state provided security services.

The use of terror attacks on targeted countries is growing not going away.

And how many gun deaths do they have per year compared with the USA? Just a fraction so obviously it worked!! Thx for helping

How many gun deaths did the UK have prior to introducing draconian gun laws following Dunblane and Hungeford? Comparing that actual reduction to reduction is more pertinent.

The UK and other EU countries also have draconian laws on knife control. Hasn't stopped stabbings.

US citizens have always enjoyed more freedoms than their European cousins. And, quite rightly don't want to loose them. State control is progressing more and more in Europe.

Really, I guessed you must have been out of the country when Bush introduced the draconian Homeland Security Act.

I can think of the Troubles but what does that have to do with an attack on Christians in the USA?

Read the post I was replying to. It might give you a clue as I was answering his point.

Edited by Baerboxer

Read the post I was replying to. It might give you a clue as I was answering his point.

I don't see any relationship between banning guns and an anti Christian attack anywhere. People have been attacking Christians with wooden crosses and burning stakes and arrows and lions and no one has tried to ban wood or lions.

Identified as a muslim? That means you can expect this story to disappear in an instant on CNN and the other mainstream US media.

No idea if he is muslim or not, but so far he has not been identified as one.

The only one claiming that is in the link of lostoday, where the 'identification' is based on a blog where one of his few contacts appears to be a muslim.

How many groups of people go around shooting Christians today?

Chris Harper Mercer a/k/a Chris Harper-Mercer, age 26, has been identified as the mass murderer in today’s killing of 9 people at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon. Was he Muslim? Well, he forced students to identify their religion, and he shot at those who said they were Christian. And his MySpace page, featuring a picture of him with a rifle, identifes only two friends, one of whom is an extremist Muslim (redundant phrase). His Facebook page is obsessed with Ahmed Mohamed, the bomb clock Muslim. And he said he liked to torture insects. Sicko. Also, he was a fan of a terrorist group that trained with a Palestinian Muslim terrorist group.

Harper Mercer’s MySpace page, which identifies him as Chris Harper-Mercer, shows that he has two friends, one of whom is Mahmoud Ali Ehsani. Ehsani, who created a classy custom MySpace URL of “dick_hard_like_a_pistol” (let’s hear it for that “Islamic modesty” they keep lecturing us about), has two photos on his MySpace page–a koran and the symbol of Islam.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/79886/chris-harper-mercer-was-ucc-mass-murderer-muslim-obsessed-w-muslims-bomb-clock-liked-to-torture-insects/

As I said, just the one source so far with a very far fetched conclusion.

When I got to Thailand I had enough guns to wipe out a small country. I don't see what that has to do with a nut in the USA killing Christians because of their religion.

@ lostoday

Just curious, but have your guns gone out and killed anybody since you have been over here?

Really, I guessed you must have been out of the country when Bush introduced the draconian Homeland Security Act.

Many American friends complain at how their freedoms are being eroded.

But you can own a gun, knives and other weapons in the US. Subject to local state legislation you can carry them, providing you have the right permits and comply with that states specific laws.

In the UK I can carry a pocket knife only if the blade is 3 inch or less, it doesn't lock, is not automatic or fixed blade i.e. must be foldable slip joint. Even then I can be arrested and prosecuted if anyone complains I showed it in a way that caused them concern or distress. Guns - forget it. Almost zero chance apart from shotguns which are a little less. Any other weapon or thing the police decide might be used as a weapon also a no no.

In the area of personal and family protection America is vastly different to Europe and massively more towards self protection.

I think the vast majority of Americans do agree with some stronger gun control measure.

Unfortunately, the sensible narrative gets hijacked by the extreme ends of the issue.

< A total ban.

>The so called "right wing nutters" who oppose them.

Nobody wins.

No idea if he is muslim or not, but so far he has not been identified as one.

The only one claiming that is in the link of lostoday, where the 'identification' is based on a blog where one of his few contacts appears to be a muslim.

How many groups of people go around shooting Christians today?

Chris Harper Mercer a/k/a Chris Harper-Mercer, age 26, has been identified as the mass murderer in today’s killing of 9 people at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon. Was he Muslim? Well, he forced students to identify their religion, and he shot at those who said they were Christian. And his MySpace page, featuring a picture of him with a rifle, identifes only two friends, one of whom is an extremist Muslim (redundant phrase). His Facebook page is obsessed with Ahmed Mohamed, the bomb clock Muslim. And he said he liked to torture insects. Sicko. Also, he was a fan of a terrorist group that trained with a Palestinian Muslim terrorist group.

Harper Mercer’s MySpace page, which identifies him as Chris Harper-Mercer, shows that he has two friends, one of whom is Mahmoud Ali Ehsani. Ehsani, who created a classy custom MySpace URL of “dick_hard_like_a_pistol” (let’s hear it for that “Islamic modesty” they keep lecturing us about), has two photos on his MySpace page–a koran and the symbol of Islam.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/79886/chris-harper-mercer-was-ucc-mass-murderer-muslim-obsessed-w-muslims-bomb-clock-liked-to-torture-insects/

As I said, just the one source so far with a very far fetched conclusion.

Not far fetched at all. There have been many recent attacks in the USA but attacks against Christians have only been carried out by one group of people and they are Muslims. Muslims have been attacking Christians and vice a versa since 1095.

@ lostoday

Just curious, but have your guns gone out and killed anybody since you have been over here?

I know all of the anti gun sentiment in this thread is actually anti American sentiment. You don't need to be a brain trust to realize than. Americans talk about gun control all the time but you are trying to make it personal against me. Sorry. Off topic. Try getting back to the topic which is an anti Christian attack by a nut in Oregon.

I don't see any relationship between banning guns and an anti Christian attack anywhere. People have been attacking Christians with wooden crosses and burning stakes and arrows and lions and no one has tried to ban wood or lions.

Final try. He asks how many mass shooting there has been in the UK since the stricter gun laws effectively banned gun ownership. I replied indicating that they were a rarity before.

The Troubles were different. Even with the proliferation of weapon availability there weren't that many "mass shootings". Bombings and murders yes, but not mass shootings. Off hand, Bloody Sunday and the retaliation Warren Points are the two I can think of.

There wasn't a culture of mass shooting in the UK before the new laws so much harder to say that they stopped something which rarely happened anyway.

Banning guns in UK stopped something that was a rare phenomenon.

Now, when terrorist attacks are become more prevalent the UK has a disarmed population, At least Americans get the chance to take precautions that mean they can defend themselves.

Edited by Baerboxer

Final try. He asks how many mass shooting there has been in the UK since the stricter gun laws effectively banned gun ownership. I replied indicating that they were a rarity before.

The Troubles were different. Even with the proliferation of weapon availability there weren't that many "mass shootings". Bombings and murders yes, but not mass shootings. Off hand, Bloody Sunday and the retaliation Warren Points are the two I can think of.

There wasn't a culture of mass shooting in the UK before the new laws so much harder to say that they stopped something which rarely happened anyway.

What are you waffling on about anti-Christian attacks for?

I think you may be posting in the wrong thread. This thread is about an anti Christian attack in Oregon.

Which I why I say put strict controls on the manufacture and sale of ammunition. That way people can still club each other to death with an empty revolver.

This is horrible but for some reason this is the first time I don't feel any emotions. CNN is blah blah blah why did he do it and I just think he probably got a B- and wanted a B and went down to the local Walmart and got a gun and killed people. I thought Obamas speech wasn't that bad and he referenced the UK AND Australia changing their gun laws but I agree most likely nothing will be done. If a bunch of first graders in a very wealthy state in a very wealthy town " Newtown" Connecticut got slaughtered and nothing really changed how can the gun laws ever change. On the other hand there are sooo many guns n the USA I don't really know how they can change things like this happening. Does anyone on here have a real suggestion? Perhaps not use this thread to bash the USA and really offer suggestions. Id like to hear (read) them. Thanks

That will be hard.

my suggestion is for the US to take a hard look at themselves and see how they have done for the last 25 years.

You must be very insecure to feel the need to have all that.
If you are responsible they would be all locked away with ammunition locked in a separate place. So they would be of no use if the baddies come knocking.

If you are irresponsible then you have them at the ready and therefore are too irresponsible to own such weapons.

Though in fairness, if the govt comes to invade your home Im sure you could fight them off for a few minutes.

Banning guns in UK stopped something that was a rare phenomenon.

Now, when terrorist attacks are become more prevalent the UK has a disarmed population, At least Americans get the chance to take precautions that mean they can defend themselves.

Also in the US they were a rarity before.

They seem to be a sign of the times, in the US with all kinds of guns, in other countries (there have been some in the UK, in China just to mention a few) with knifes. So yes, I'd say strict gun laws prevent people from having guns and attaching others with it.

What a sad statement! Gun ownership cascading? I remember the young Aussie Base Ball player gunned down "Just for the hell of it". You are now saying all the joggers, like him, need to train with side arms. Ridiculous!!

@ lostoday

They all say things like that, until it happens, and it only takes one mistake. Many young children could testify to that, if they were still alive to tell their parents that the gun they had wasnt kept safely.