US: Multiple deaths in school shooting in Oregon State

webfact

No matter what the far right anti-Muslim blogger posted, doesn't appear to be a radicalised convert to Islam. Expressed admiration for the guy who murdered the TV news crew in Roanoke among other weirdo opinions.

The 26-year-old gunman showed a disdain for organized religion online, then allegedly asked victims about their faith before shooting them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/01/umpqua-gunman-id-d-as-chris-harper-mercer.html

He didn't allegedly ask anything. All the witnesses said he asked if they were Christian and shot the Christians.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Martin Luther King Jr was killed did they talk about gun control or racial hatred? When a guy asks if you are Christian and kills only the Christians do they talk abour religious intolerance or gun control.

See the trap you fellows have fallen into. It is not PC to talk about religious intolerance when the presecuted religion is Christian so a scapegoat has to be found.

What do you think would happen if a Christian went to Saudi Arabia and asked the children in the school who was a Muslim and shot them? Do you think the Saudis would be discussing gun control right now?

Saoudis have gun control, a strict one by the way

That is the point. This shooting is not about gun control.

Education about firearms is the ultimate answer.

I'll never convince the Liberals out there though.

So every other developed country where this doesn't happen is full of liberals?

Edited by jspill

No matter what the far right anti-Muslim blogger posted, doesn't appear to be a radicalised convert to Islam. Expressed admiration for the guy who murdered the TV news crew in Roanoke among other weirdo opinions.

The 26-year-old gunman showed a disdain for organized religion online, then allegedly asked victims about their faith before shooting them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/01/umpqua-gunman-id-d-as-chris-harper-mercer.html

He didn't allegedly ask anything. All the witnesses said he asked if they were Christian and shot the Christians.

Yes, that's what the witnesses are saying, but to early to definitively state he was a radicalised Muslim, just as easily to be yet another heavily armed nutcase. Let's wait to see what the investigators uncover in the coming days.

Yes, that's what the witnesses are saying, but to early to definitively state he was a radicalised Muslim, just as easily to be yet another heavily armed nutcase. Let's wait to see what the investigators uncover in the coming days.

Try deductive logic. Who can you eliminate?

When Martin Luther King Jr was killed did they talk about gun control or racial hatred? When a guy asks if you are Christian and kills only the Christians do they talk abour religious intolerance or gun control.

See the trap you fellows have fallen into. It is not PC to talk about religious intolerance when the presecuted religion is Christian so a scapegoat has to be found.

What do you think would happen if a Christian went to Saudi Arabia and asked the children in the school who was a Muslim and shot them? Do you think the Saudis would be discussing gun control right now?

No it is well known that in countries with stricter gun control there is more are the same amount of shootings....coffee1.gif

No it is well known that in countries with stricter gun control there is more are the same amount of shootings....coffee1.gif

Maybe you could tell me where the last anti Christian killings took place?coffee1.gif Are you trying to push the argument that I couldn't kill 13 people without a gun if I didn't mind getting caught? sad.png

Edited by lostoday

Maybe you could tell me where the last anti Christian killings took place?coffee1.gif Are you trying to push the argument that I couldn't kill 13 people without a gun if I didn't mind getting caught? sad.png

Member was being sarcastic.

According to his profile he hated organised religion and was a conservative Republican.

Lots of hindus having a right old play time with christians in India.

According to his profile he hated organised religion and was a conservative Republican.

He didn't kill democrats and Muslims did he?

I'm not up on my Hindu radical mass killings. Does this happen much in the USA?

If he describes himself as a conservative republican i would have thought it quite unlikely that he carried out the shootings because he was a radical Muslim. Just because you desperately want this to be the case it doesn't necessarily follow that he was. Dreadful for the families of these young victims, they must be in pieces. Sadly these reports no longer carry any shock value, like buses there will be another one along soon. Surely by now Hallmark must have a designated condolence card for this type of event.

If he describes himself as a conservative republican i would have thought it quite unlikely that he carried out the shootings because he was a radical Muslim. Just because you desperately want this to be the case it doesn't necessarily follow that he was. Dreadful for the families of these young victims, they must be in pieces. Sadly these reports no longer carry any shock value, like buses there will be another one along soon. Surely by now Hallmark must have a designated condolence card for this type of event.

Crocodile tears and snarky comments. What a class act.

I'm not up on my Hindu radical mass killings. Does this happen much in the USA?

No idea if it happens in the US but you didnt ask that.

How do you know if none of those killed were democrats?

The guy 100% sounds like he was mentally unstable.

[He started] asking people one by one what their religion was. ‘Are you a Christian?’ he would ask them, and if you’re a Christian stand up. And they would stand up and he said, ‘Good, because you’re a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.’

Online profiles linked to Harper-Mercer showed that he had a fascination with the terror tactics of the Irish Republican Army, and bought Nazi memorabilia. He also wrote a blog post that mentioned Vester Lee Flanagan, who murdered a Virginia newswoman and cameraman live on air, according to CBS News. “Seems like the more people you kill, the more you’re in the limelight,” he wrote.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

To repeat at this early stage doesn't come across as an Islamist killer.

Edited by simple1

This is horrible but for some reason this is the first time I don't feel any emotions. CNN is blah blah blah why did he do it and I just think he probably got a B- and wanted a B and went down to the local Walmart and got a gun and killed people. I thought Obamas speech wasn't that bad and he referenced the UK AND Australia changing their gun laws but I agree most likely nothing will be done. If a bunch of first graders in a very wealthy state in a very wealthy town " Newtown" Connecticut got slaughtered and nothing really changed how can the gun laws ever change. On the other hand there are sooo many guns n the USA I don't really know how they can change things like this happening. Does anyone on here have a real suggestion? Perhaps not use this thread to bash the USA and really offer suggestions. Id like to hear (read) them. Thanks

Early reports suggest that he had problems with women. Sexual frustration, constantly rejected. America is filled with these sorts of dudes.

And among those usual suspects that America is the only place filled with, word is "stand up and say your religion" came into it, that the whole fn world's full and fed up with hearing about now.

The guy 100% sounds like he was mentally unstable.

[He started] asking people one by one what their religion was. Are you a Christian? he would ask them, and if youre a Christian stand up. And they would stand up and he said, Good, because youre a Christian, you are going to see God in just about one second.

Online profiles linked to Harper-Mercer showed that he had a fascination with the terror tactics of the Irish Republican Army, and bought Nazi memorabilia. He also wrote a blog post that mentioned Vester Lee Flanagan, who murdered a Virginia newswoman and cameraman live on air, according to CBS News. Seems like the more people you kill, the more youre in the limelight, he wrote.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

To repeat at this early stage doesn't come across as an Islamist killer.

Must be sad news to the muslim haters.

I take it we now blame all Irish and Germans for the killings?

Despite indications otherwise, you still keep up your bigoted arguments. Keep your eyes closed to the truth.

Despite indications otherwise, you still keep up your bigoted arguments. Keep your eyes closed to the truth.

I'm a bigot? The guy asked some kids if they were Christian and killed the ones who said yes. Where am I a bigot?

I'm shielding myself from this news this time. I can't take it. There is apparently nothing that can be done to stop the carnage.

I blame the NRA and Fox News. They control the wingnuttia and their weapons.

Score another for the ignorance and paranoia of the Republican party. What's up for next week? Shut down the government? Try and start a war? Try and get up Hillary's ass?

Why would some Nitwit want to know what his motive was for shooting and killing those people,, It does not <deleted> matter, ,the people are staying Death no matter the motive.What a waste of human lives,and some nitwit is looking for a motive.

Must be sad news to the muslim haters.

I take it we now blame all Irish and Germans for the killings?

I tried to clean up your post because I could not read it. I must have missed something why should we now blame the Irish and Germans for the killings?

I thought they had the man who did the killings. He was anti Christian is all I know about him for sure. The only religion I know of that is voilently anti Christian is Islam. Maybe there are others but not that I know of in any force in America. Maybe you can point to another group that is vehmentally anti Christian?

Why would some Nitwit want to know what his motive was for shooting and killing those people,, It does not <deleted> matter, ,the people are staying Death no matter the motive.What a waste of human lives,and some nitwit is looking for a motive.

If I kill a person because he killed my wife and family as opposed to a random traffic accident I would say the motive is very important. If I kill a person because of his race or religion or sexual orientation there are different penalities in the USA as opposed to killing a person in the commission of a crime. Hate crimes in the USA carry different penalities so the motive is of supreme importance in passing sentance on a perpatrator of a crime.

Judges and police in the USA are tasked to discover the motive in all cases of crime, so that is why those nitwits need to know.

In U.S. criminal law, means, motive, and opportunity is a common summation of the three aspects of a crime that must be established before guilt can be determined in a criminal proceeding.

So I guess you could say the people who wrote the USA criminal code are nitwits.

Edited by lostoday

Itis for sure harder to enter a school roombwith a car.

It also mean more strictblaws make less availability and black market price rising , letting less people able to buy one

Itis for sure harder to enter a school roombwith a car.

It also mean more strictblaws make less availability and black market price rising , letting less people able to buy one

OK city bombing 200 killed 700 wounded and no gun used. Any nut can get the instructions on the INTERNET. 911 accomplished with box cutters. Are you unaware of these things?

The guy today did not kill the students because he had a gun he killed them because he didn't like Christians.