US: Multiple deaths in school shooting in Oregon State

webfact

When I got to Thailand I had enough guns to wipe out a small country. I don't see what that has to do with a nut in the USA killing Christians because of their religion.

@ lostoday

Just curious, but have your guns gone out and killed anybody since you have been over here?

I know all of the anti gun sentiment in this thread is actually anti American sentiment. You don't need to be a brain trust to realize than. Americans talk about gun control all the time but you are trying to make it personal against me. Sorry. Off topic. Try getting back to the topic which is an anti Christian attack by a nut in Oregon.

I'm on your side.

What I was trying to point out is that the guns you own are inanimate objects. They don't just go out and kill people on their own.

It takes a person to bring them to life.

Sorry my post wasn't clear.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was trying to point out is that the guns you own are inanimate objects. They don't just go out and kill people on their own.

It takes a person to bring them to life.

I agree. Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

Guns were banned many years ago in the UK (except "some' shot gun owners), it didn't stop those who want to shoot folk from finding a gun.

Remind me again, how many mass- shootings there have been in the UK since "many years ago"!

And remind us of how many mass shootings happened before the introduction of draconian gun laws in the UK.

Off hand, I can think of Hungerford (met two people involved in that some time later), Dunblain, and one in Leicester.

Oh and you think, the fact that the UK took only very few shootings as a reason to take action and thereby reducing the number of mass- shootings from -let's say 2 - to zero...helps you in your argumentation?

How many should they let happen in the UK? an average of 1 a day, like in the US now?

It seems he graduated from a school in CA for kids with "Special needs".

So probably medicated and bat shit crazy.

But of course Fox will be desperate to say this happened because he got radicalised, not because he was a nutter who was easily able to obtain firearms and ammunition.

Can't have that, can we?

Oh good, Megyn Kelly's on, can't wait to hear what she'll direct her histrionics towards.

You actually watch Fox News?

One can hardly criticise something when one hasn't seen it.

Even though that doesn't seem to stop Republican congressman.

I find it more than curious that one of the young men who stopped the Muslim terrorist on the train in France recently, Alek Skarlatos, is from this town in Oregon and attended Umpqua Community College.

Ok so you dont have a gun in the US therefore it doesnt worry you not having one in Thailand.

When I got to Thailand I had enough guns to wipe out a small country. I don't see what that has to do with a nut in the USA killing Christians because of their religion.

@ lostoday

Just curious, but have your guns gone out and killed anybody since you have been over here?

They all say things like that, until it happens, and it only takes one mistake. Many young children could testify to that, if they were still alive to tell their parents that the gun they had wasnt kept safely.

What do the parents say? Are you Christian? And then the parent shoots them? That is what this thread is about. A guy said to the students, "Are you Christian and then shot them." Are you sure you are posting in the right thread?

The Americans are welcome to their gun culture.

I just wish the faux whinging, whining and candlelit "vigils" would cease.

Mass murder is surely a small price to pay for the right to Bear Arms

Along with the usual old guys with their faux concern about this issue.

I find it more than curious that one of the young men who stopped the Muslim terrorist on the train in France recently, Alek Skarlatos, is from this town in Oregon and attended Umpqua Community College.

Its amazing the level of detail some can find these days. Im impressed at that 'find'.

It seems he graduated from a school in CA for kids with "Special needs".

So probably medicated and bat shit crazy.

But of course Fox will be desperate to say this happened because he got radicalised, not because he was a nutter who was easily able to obtain firearms and ammunition.

Can't have that, can we?

Oh good, Megyn Kelly's on, can't wait to hear what she'll direct her histrionics towards.

You actually watch Fox News?

One can hardly criticise something when one hasn't seen it.

Even though that doesn't seem to stop Republican congressman.

Or Nancy Pelosi. biggrin.png

This could be a Moslem terrorist attack and that information could be being suppressed by the U.S. authorities so as not to enflame community tensions.

I don't know who to believe.

The key is what the guy said and who he killed. Did he kill everyone in the room? Did he just kill white people? Did he just kill black people? Did he kill Asian people? NO. He killed only Christian people. Now ask yourself. What group of people has been killing Christians since 1095?

This could be a Moslem terrorist attack and that information could be being suppressed by the U.S. authorities so as not to enflame community tensions.

Ah geez, a conspiracy theorist? The guy's father is a Brit, as someone else has already posted....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-british-born-oregon-shooting-6558311

Ah geez, a conspiracy theorist? The guy's father is a Brit, as someone else has already posted....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/father-british-born-oregon-shooting-6558311

I don't think most Brits outside of Thai Visa would actually shoot Americans.

Guns were as powerful as 100 years ago?

Please tell me about many sub rifles machine guns they had with their muskets ?

The answer to your last question is simple : it is easier and easier for disturbed people to get guns.. And lot of teenagers are temporarly or not.

The question the pro guns never answer to is : why so many shooting in USA and not so much in europe? Why since Australia restricted gun there was not any mass shooting?

Thompson sub machine gun invented 105 years ago 600 rounds per minute.

Browning Automatic rifle invented 105 years ago 600 rounds per minute.

Any other questions?

Sure please add a comparison with the guns you spoke about and how easy it was to have them, for exemple could you own one at the same time you bought tomatoes and their avaibilities on the market. Also please let me know how efficient they were, their weight... compared to the actual ones... If they were as efficient as the ones we have nowdays why did they become obsoletes?

Let me know the average time to reload a musket as well while you are at it?

Back then anyone could buy a machine gun so machine gun ownership was way up. Anyone could walk into a gun store and buy a fully auto machine gun capable of 600 to 900 rounds per minute. Many hardware stores in America back in the good old days carried machine guns so anyone could buy them.

Average shooters can load and shoot a musket about 3 times a minute. The battle of Gettysburg claimed 50,000 American lives in three days many from .51 cal musket fire.

Any other questions? Colt six gun came into use around 1850. So it would be easy with two pistols to get off 12 shots in a few seconds. A Texas ranger with two carbines and pistols could get off around 26 shots from his horse in a minute or so.

Americans were just as dangerous 100 years ago and gun ownership was with far fewer restrictions than today.

the guys in the picture are not everybody, they are rangers

Anyway it seems the pro guns will never admit the simple fact: more guns and easy acces means more nuts being able to do mass shootings..

As the same pro guns do not want to have background check neither or seem ok with rifles designed for kids, well that summarize perfectlythe US problem.

They still not want to look at numbers..so we will all wait for one more round of shooting in good ol' USA..

I wonder if the pro guns here also have guns in Thailand, if not they must be scared to death daily...

This is the 45th such incident this year in US its like hearing that someone has died in a road accident in Thailand, the Americans like this a nice gun story to start up the day and their answer is give more guns to the kids and they can then sort out their inner demons with the gun violence breeds violence, so I cant understand why some of the other kids in his class did not just pull out their guns and blast him to bits for shooting their class mates yippee to the wild west of the USA.

hi-crickett-rifles-6col.jpg

Here are the wonderful toys USA want to give to kids, real weapons with gummy colors.

another evidence :

1.4 Million Known American Firearms Casualties Since 1933

Total Battle Deaths in All Wars Since 1775: 650,858

compared to US death by guns not linked to war

Total Gun Deaths, 1979-1997

Total Firearm Suicides

Total Firearm Homicides

Total Accidental Firearm Deaths

Total Unknown Firearm Deaths

I'm sorry to raise it again, but I just find it absurd that they do not at least close the loophole that essentially allows any old fruitcake to buy a weapon privately.

Don't start apologizing now. At 1 mass shooting "per day", you'll need to raise this point many more times in the future. We are counting on you.

I'm sorry to raise it again, but I just find it absurd that they do not at least close the loophole that essentially allows any old fruitcake to buy a weapon privately.

Don't start apologizing now. At 1 mass shooting "per day", you'll need to raise this point many more times in the future. We are counting on you.

I'm genuinely keen to hear why gun owners would object.

Obama made this point himself, suggesting that people look at the issue objectively rather than relying on those NRA tools to do it for them.

Thompson sub machine gun invented 105 years ago 600 rounds per minute.

Browning Automatic rifle invented 105 years ago 600 rounds per minute.

Any other questions?

Sure please add a comparison with the guns you spoke about and how easy it was to have them, for exemple could you own one at the same time you bought tomatoes and their avaibilities on the market. Also please let me know how efficient they were, their weight... compared to the actual ones... If they were as efficient as the ones we have nowdays why did they become obsoletes?

Back then anyone could buy a machine gun so machine gun ownership was way up. Anyone could walk into a gun store and buy a fully auto machine gun capable of 600 to 900 rounds per minute. Many hardware stores in America back in the good old days carried machine guns so anyone could buy them.

Average shooters can load and shoot a musket about 3 times a minute. The battle of Gettysburg claimed 50,000 American lives in three days many from .51 cal musket fire.

Any other questions? Colt six gun came into use around 1850. So it would be easy with two pistols to get off 12 shots in a few seconds. A Texas ranger with two carbines and pistols could get off around 26 shots from his horse in a minute or so.

Americans were just as dangerous 100 years ago and gun ownership was with far fewer restrictions than today.

The point is automatic weapons were owned by more people and easier to buy 100 years ago than today. Bonny and Clyde used used Browning Automatic Rifles an American Army staple even in Vietnam. Your hypothesis that gun control or automatic weapons stopped Americans owing high powered guns 100 years ago is false.

Although I fail to see what that has to do with a anti Christian shooting in Oregon. Someone must have known this guy was a nutcase. That is the problem. He should have been stopped. What religious group has something against Christians?

post-232807-0-27685200-1443781450_thumb.

Well said sir!

However, it is pointless discussing gun control on here.

These people will NEVER see reason.

Pathetically sad really

Probably another one in a few weeks

Beyond caring now

Bang! You're dead.

When Martin Luther King Jr was killed did they talk about gun control or racial hatred? When a guy asks if you are Christian and kills only the Christians do they talk abour religious intolerance or gun control.

See the trap you fellows have fallen into. It is not PC to talk about religious intolerance when the presecuted religion is Christian so a scapegoat has to be found.

What do you think would happen if a Christian went to Saudi Arabia and asked the children in the school who was a Muslim and shot them? Do you think the Saudis would be discussing gun control right now?

Edited by lostoday

No matter what the far right anti-Muslim blogger posted, doesn't appear to be a radicalised convert to Islam. Expressed admiration for the guy who murdered the TV news crew in Roanoke among other weirdo opinions.

The 26-year-old gunman showed a disdain for organized religion online, then allegedly asked victims about their faith before shooting them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/01/umpqua-gunman-id-d-as-chris-harper-mercer.html

Edited by simple1

I'm genuinely keen to hear why gun owners would object.

Obama made this point himself, suggesting that people look at the issue objectively rather than relying on those NRA tools to do it for them.

The issue has been made so contentious by the extreme factions, that any attempt to regulate is seen as just another "Death by 1,000 cuts" by the uber-defensive 2nd Ammed. crowd.

The point is automatic weapons were owned by more people and easier to buy 100 years ago than today. Bonny and Clyde used used Browning Automatic Rifles an American Army staple even in Vietnam. Your hypothesis that gun control or automatic weapons stopped Americans owing high powered guns 100 years ago is false.

Although I fail to see what that has to do with a anti Christian shooting in Oregon. Someone must have known this guy was a nutcase. That is the problem. He should have been stopped. What religious group has something against Christians?

Well as pro guns vetoed the deeper screening of potential buyers it seems quite normal he was not stopped

I watched sheriff's press conference. I loved when he said he wasn't going to say shooters name, that would come from medical examiner. That he would never say his name, that we should not give these nuts the press they seem to seek. I thought that was a terrific approach. Good luck on getting media going along with that, however.

Yes, people can kill will fertilizer bombs, etc. But it is far more difficult. Guns are easy, cheap and almost anyone can shoot a gun.

I am a native Oregonian, born and raised.