Sweden 'increasingly experimenting' with six-hour workdays

webfact

Sweden 'increasingly experimenting' with six-hour workdays

606x341_314488.jpg

STOCKHOLM: -- An increasing number of businesses in Sweden are said to be experimenting with six-hour working days.

Reports say that Toyota service centres in Gothenburg switched 13 years ago, and more recently an app developer and a retirement home made the change.

Employers across the country are following suit, according to the Science Alert website.

Productivity is said to be up compared to eight-hour days. Staff are reportedly happier, with more time spent outside work.

In return employees are banned from using social media at work; there are fewer pauses and meetings… the aim being that staff will be more motivated to work more intensively.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-02

What ever days and houres the sweedish people will choose at the end just make sure to includes

time for 5 praires to Allah a day, as soon, very soon, the will be the requierment there.....

How ridiculous, sincerely hope you don't actually believe that - delusional paranoia is not a nice place to be.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

What ever days and houres the sweedish people will choose at the end just make sure to includes

time for 5 praires to Allah a day, as soon, very soon, the will be the requierment there.....

How ridiculous, sincerely hope you don't actually believe that - delusional paranoia is not a nice place to be.

He is correct.

They will also have to provide prayer rooms.

scaremongering, thats what they call it i think when someone makes a statement intended to worry or alarm people when it is just words with no substance.

Back to the topic, I love the idea of an intense 6 hour working day. Starting at 8:00 and finishing at 14:00 sounds perfect. But, never be me, I work odd hours because I trade overseas and I have to be there when needed, oh well.

The number of spelling errors in this post...

a, equals the IQ of the author

b. shows that the author hasn't had his morning coffee

c. the author is still drunk from the previous night

d. all of the above

The polls are open...

When one isn't intelligent enough to attack the argument one must attack the messenger. Congratulations on keeping the habit alive.

Dear Sir,

No harm done with your not comment, even though it only plagiarizes what others have plagiarized many times before you. I believe you have expressed yourself to the best of your means; as I have expressed myself to be understood at bar stool level, which obviously caught your attention...

Nonetheless, an argument (to the best of my knowledge) still consists of three parts:

• two ore more propositions (premises)
  • a conclusion (which is supported by the premises)
  • and the inference (inductive or deductive in nature) which connects the two, to be either valid or invalid)

The author's comment (technically it isn't even a statement) contains neither premises nor conclusion, it offers neither the possibility to prove the premises true or false, nor the inferences valid or invalid.

Apart from the fact that it is completely off-topic. Rather than discussing the pros and cons of such a change in work/life balance (and there is a great deal of discussion going on in industry and academics on this topic currently, as recent research validates data that shorter working periods increases productivity and overall well being), the "author" chooses to hijack this topic for his insane and xenophobic private warfare under the cover of anonymity.

I believe it is legitimate to question such a persons mental state, admittedly in a provocative (and comical) style...

But maybe it is you, who would like to support this "authors" comment with a logical argument...

I have an idea that Sweden will finish up as a cautionary tale regarding the logical end to a liberal continually 'progressive' society.

Sweden has done extremely well with their "continually progressive society."

Edited by HerbalEd