bars closing at 12 am

DanceAllNight

I think they're going to request being treated equal to other citizens of the same Country.

The ruleas are the same for everyone, Thai and felang owned bars .

The discrepancy depends on the area , Bangkok . Phucket CM etc .

As with everything in Thailand , it depends on which rules are enforced by the law enforcers.

So, you will be asking the Police chief not to enforce laws because other Police chiefs do not enforce those laws ?

You are asking the Police chief not to enforce laws which is a BIG ask and also illegal

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

re

A lot of Thais are short at the end of the month baht wise but for these two ladies to knock off early is a first and they can see this becoming a regular practice for them. They are not making more money, just clutching at straws to keep themselves and stalls afloat in the hope of some improvement in tourist numbers

good luck with that !

i booked a lion air flight to bangkok this morning and i could get a a seat on any plane at any time on thursday or friday

coming back a week later was the same

pick a day or time on any flight you want

tourists have heard about 12 am lock down city chiang mai

high season here ... yeah right

dave2

post-42592-0-16188300-1448971933_thumb.j

Heres a new trick I saw happening recently which was confirmed by someone I know who was tempted by it who I then met up with the next day. Just as Lucky Bar was being closed down around midnight, we were approached by a quite attractive young lady who said, come with me, I know a bar where you can drink as late as you like....Me being the suspicious type and past my bedtime anyway went home. My friend, always up for a challenge, took off in a tuktuk with the young lady.

She simply took him to a Changklan karaoke with the lights off on the outside but a backroom bar open inside and charging 300 baht for a small beer! My friend made his apologies and left immediately, no harm done to him or his pocket....be warned !!

Aii Karaoke on Changklan is operating late so that may be where she took him.

re

A lot of Thais are short at the end of the month baht wise but for these two ladies to knock off early is a first and they can see this becoming a regular practice for them. They are not making more money, just clutching at straws to keep themselves and stalls afloat in the hope of some improvement in tourist numbers

good luck with that !

i booked a lion air flight to bangkok this morning and i could get a a seat on any plane at any time on thursday or friday

coming back a week later was the same

pick a day or time on any flight you want

tourists have heard about 12 am lock down city chiang mai

high season here ... yeah right

dave2

Yes but what prices could you,get a seat for as its cheap anyhow, presumably 1200 baht ish

I would have a lot more sympathy for the bars and actually spend my hard earned money in them....IF THEY KNEW WHAT A COLD BEER WAS!

whadya lookin for.....something frozen and on a stick ??

He's right...most places serve beer that is sort of "luke-cool". I too prefer ice cold beer and that's difficult to find here.

Coupla places I know actually chill the beer in ice chests but most have stand-up glass door coolers that aren't set to particularly cold temps. Perhaps because Thais put ice in their beer - ugh.

This wont help !!!

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/drunk-driver-kills-cop-by-crashing-into-a-motorbike-at-a-red-light/

On the night in question, they went to a bar on Huay Kaew road and drank until 4am, after which they headed back to Panchit’s house.

At first, I almost agreed with you.

On second thought, i find a different argument.

It's not the bar closing times that affect the likelihood of rape and accidents as much as it is the lack of police presence on the streets at those times.

... and here this poor bloke was heading off-shift to his 2nd job!

Crikey!

There are many subtle nuances being expressed here but beyond that there are obvious truths to the matter i.e.;

1. the number of farang bar/club owners were extremely under-represented (reasons?- hehe you know what they are!)

2. greng jai is still the modus operandi in Thailand

3. "it's our way- or the highway" - you don't like then bye bye to you

Mr. "No Noisey" off Loi Kroh has many friends that you mistook for being of a different intellect and colour! ... and they have started to call the shots!

Remember that campaign on Chiang Moi about not letting it become another LK? That was going on several years ago...may have coincided with Spicy's brief tenure there. People pissing everywhere is a common complaint.

But back to LK...it seems like they could'nt care less about being empty from 5-8, which most of them are, more often than not. Another reason for my lack of support...no promos, no HH. Any decent bar is going to do a good business with the after-work crowd (or after naptime in CNX)...even if they have to give away some food or do big promos...some will stay until closing.

Edited by bangmai

Are there any bars down there?

Or is he just being a git.

Sadly Chicog there are 2 very distinguishable bars on LK soil l - perhaps 3 if you count in Number 1 bar

r u a troll or do you actually live in CM? or r u just a fly-bi-night ?

a question asking for clarification followed by - "git"?

come on man, you sound pretty lame!

Edited by WaiLai

re

I believe he was referring to the sign down Loi Kroh "No Bars, No Noisy" , put up by a thai guy

er um err .... the sign is in soi 1 loi kroh road

not in loi kroh road

dave2

ps ... its still there today !

lovely pic - guess who put the sign up there? - think "right"

Edited by WaiLai

re

I believe he was referring to the sign down Loi Kroh "No Bars, No Noisy" , put up by a thai guy

not in loi kroh road

dave2

Yes, but I was replying to a post which stated the sign "just off" Loi Kroh .

The actual sign was the main topic, rather than its exact location

re

not in loi kroh road

dave2

back up 10 meters and on your right you have Basic Line on your right and Lanna Rentals on your left - both provide completely full-on quality food and beverage service and upscale decorum - back up 20 meters and you have Number 1 Bar - which I can't speak for since I've always been trying to slip by those gals who try to deflect me towards my weakest points of nature!.... and let me say this - it is a challenge!

Noise? are you joking?there are tuktuks and songtaews and "pros" who live across from Mr Noisey (6-8 to a room) in the co-financed condominium that make more noise. Guess who co-owns the condo where the loi kroh ladies sleep?

Edited by WaiLai

re

not in loi kroh road

dave2

oops my mistake

I always looked at it from one side(up-street) and didn't realize it was a 2-sided sign

oh well, back up 2 meters and on your left is someone you would like to speak to - back up another 10 meters and you will find a lovely hostel on your left and an equally lovely condo on your right

in the condo live many of the "street girls" working Loi Krok - 6-10 in a room

guess - just make it a wild guess as to who co-owns the condo where the girls sleep!

Edited by WaiLai

Mr. "No Noisey" off Loi Kroh has many friends that you mistook for being of a different intellect and colour! ... and they have started to call the shots!

I dont think that that sign has been the reason for the 12 am curfew.

The Temples have been campaigning for years, trying to get the bars closed down .

Are there any bars down there?

Or is he just being a git.

Sadly Chicog there are 2 very distinguishable bars on LK soil l - perhaps 3 if you count in Number 1 bar

r u a troll or do you actually live in CM? or r u just a fly-bi-night ?

a question asking for clarification followed by - "git"?

come on man, you sound pretty lame!

Well since they closed No.1 and left the opposite side open, I haven't bothered going down there.

But it was hardly what I would call noisy and I don't see anything near that banner.

Which is why if I asked if it is simply a git, or to put it another way, a moralistic curtain twitcher who would press his head against a speaker before declaring it to be too loud.

Well since they closed No.1 and left the opposite side open, I haven't bothered going down there.

But it was hardly what I would call noisy and I don't see anything near that banner.

Which is why if I asked if it is simply a git, or to put it another way, a moralistic curtain twitcher who would press his head against a speaker before declaring it to be too loud.

There is an outdoor bar to the side of the banner and they used to have loud music playing until the early hours and the girls in bikinis dancing on the bar if full view of passers by, didnt go down very well with neighbors who have young families either

There is an outdoor bar to the side of the banner and they used to have loud music playing until the early hours and the girls in bikinis dancing on the bar if full view of passers by, didnt go down very well with neighbors who have young families either

I'm all for stopping that stuff if it was going on in the soi.

I'm also all for music being turned down on Loi Kroh itself, especially that bloody Isaan racket, makes my ears bleed.

bit of a porkys that son,or a vivid wet dream you were having,ive been here 12years and never seen what your talking about even in its hey day it was never a unruly soi that number 1,in fact it was the most popular bar in cnx for expats at the time,

bit of a porkys that son,or a vivid wet dream you were having,ive been here 12years and never seen what your talking about even in its hey day it was never a unruly soi that number 1,in fact it was the most popular bar in cnx for expats at the time,