Money trail probe shows money transfers from abroad to Bangkok bombing suspects

webfact

They forgot to mention that by 'abroad' they actually meant Dubai!

Even the man in Dubai is not that stupid.

If he was involved (and I believe he is ), he would certainly make a complicated transfer procedure.

We saw that with all his stock transfers.

there exists an unregulated body in Thailand that has been recently exposed to finacial wrongs, I will leave you to go do a little research..........and remember, it is all about the money here so leave absolutly no stone uncovered and let your imagination run wild, if you want to launder/move money in Thailand you do not do it through a bank

it seems everyone can be bought here for the right price - and I mean everybody

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol the pm and his circle of geniuses made up a redshirt terrorist to change the subject from the Muslims repatriated to China to a political movement. If they have zero information on whether this person exists how do they know he perpetrated the crime?

If he was involved (and I believe he is ), he would certainly make a complicated transfer procedure.

Yes, his 7 million baht reward was a red herring indeed!! And that's sarcasm by the way.

Have you stopped and thought about this for a minute?

You think Thaksin would use banks at all, if he's smart he wouldn't have any paper trail.

Just how many paper trails have been discovered to any of his accounts with regards to the rice scam ?

Some of you need to get a grip, and see beyond your hatred.

The cops have misled and miss investigated this incident since day 1 !!

Motives for actions are often simple, but circulating conspiracy theories of complex cryptographaphical solutions creates a little doubt.

If one believes in "Six degrees of separation," then all of us are associated and the lines of conspiracy can be connected.

Point taken, but I suspect there are other means of transferring / moving money domestically or internationally which the mainstream public don't even know about. And probably illegal and difficult to trace.

Somyot may have gone, but the misinformation that he exuded still permeates the RTP reporting.

We're being told that Aod is a key suspect in the Erawan bombing, but there is some questions about his actual existence.

So, it seems we're looking for the man who never was.

Let's hope we eventually learn the truth!

post-209291-14441812132292_thumb.jpg

the police spokesman insisted that the suspect actually exists and was not made up by the police

Is there another police force on this planet that has to make regular weekly statements like this: the suspect actually exists, these are no scape-goats, we do not torture suspects, case closed - ahem reopend - ahem confused, couldn't be a Thai because Thais don't do this, we are the best police in the world,...?

(it's a rhetorical question)

Is there anyone in this country in an official capacity that can actually just tell the truth - no spin - no twisting - no deflection - no fabrication - no agenda, just the honest to god black and white truth ? if noses really did grow there'd be some real whoppers

Investigation of the money trail linked to the gang involved in the Erawan Shrine and Sathon pier bombings shows money were wired from abroad into bank accounts of the suspects in Thailand, said Pol Lt-Gen Prawut Thavornsiri, the police spokesman, on Tuesday.

He, however, declined to elaborate about the findings from the Anti-Money Laundering Office saying that it was yet to be determined whether the money transfers were against the law or not.

In other words,... you don't have F********in' clue, RTP

"Abroad" ? Can't they determine where?

Maybe he meant from a broad.

Maybe from Aod-broad !

I wonder if it is illegal to take reward money before a conviction? would that not be a presumption of guilt by police and cause a trial to be thrown out, or predjudice a trial???

I bet abroad is actually Turkey, some peeved off Uighurs but definately not terrorists.

Possible grey Wolve Uighurs or ISIS recruiting people smuggling Uighurs, but not Uighurs who were highly agitated after their mates had hoods place over their heads and flown out of Thailand on a Chinese Jet, and ended up some imprisoned and some executed, after which the Thai embasssy in Turkey was smashed up as reported by many media sources as Grey Wolve and Uighurs, no not possible no Uighur could be that peeved off or be a terrorist. wai2.gif

why are we constantly subjected to a stream of ifs buts and maybes why don't the police get it right they have found the source of funding for the bombers but they are not quite sure if its legal or not I am sure they could find out if they used their brains ?

Money transfers are not illegal, unless proven that they were used for supporting an act of terrorism,or bomb making causing death

(terrorism) or other illegal acts in which case the people who sent this money should be arrested as co- conspirators in an act of terrorism.

But then this would have to be classed as an international act of terrorism no Uighur could be put in this class as Chinese loose face and so do Thai, no smudge will have to prevail here I wonder what excuse they will come up with???

Maybe it was a humanitarian act of kindness to buy food for Bilal because he very hungry waiting to become truck driver in Malaysia after not getting paid to murder and maim.

why are we constantly subjected to a stream of ifs buts and maybes why don't the police get it right they have found the source of funding for the bombers but they are not quite sure if its legal or not I am sure they could find out if they used their brains ?

Seems that brains and BIB do not go hand in hand.

The police spokesman position, held by a policeman who does not know if any law was broken by individuals, who via international transfer of money to finance a bombing resulting in 20 deaths? The old addage '' make sure your employees are not as intelligent as the boss.

The term intelligent would not seem to describe or apply to any of those involved in investigating this deed nor those involved in implementinng it, those make public releases on progress or lack there of. the suspects, names, location, nationality, etc.

The best thing i have seen the Thai police accomplish in the past has been the ability to line up for a photo shoot but they forget the arm length space alloment between smiling faces, arm length difference while pointing, height difference, angle of hat and that sterm look with finger pointed at suspects.

By the way, what decision was reached on the Burmese fellows charged with murder of of the young uk coup;e, verdict advertised a week or more back, now nothing?

The defence have been given 2 additional days to present their case and these start this Saturday, 10th Oct and conclude on the 11th. The panel of 3 judges will decide on their verdict sometime in late November or early December.

Is there anyone in this country in an official capacity that can actually just tell the truth - no spin - no twisting - no deflection - no fabrication - no agenda, just the honest to god black and white truth ? if noses really did grow there'd be some real whoppers

They would become the hub of pole vaulters !! :D

Not often I agree with you outside of the Koh Tao thread but this is pretty much spot on.

Money transfers are not illegal, unless proven that they were used for supporting an act of terrorism,or bomb making causing death

(terrorism) or other illegal acts in which case the people who sent this money should be arrested as co- conspirators in an act of terrorism.

But then this would have to be classed as an international act of terrorism no Uighur could be put in this class as Chinese loose face and so do Thai, no smudge will have to prevail here I wonder what excuse they will come up with???

Maybe it was a humanitarian act of kindness to buy food for Bilal because he very hungry waiting to become truck driver in Malaysia after not getting paid to murder and maim.

But this wasn't an act of terrorism according to the Junta/BIB , so these wire transfer are just normal every day transactions.

Because, everything in Thailand is about "saving face", surpised??? whistling.gifwai2.gif

They would need to look for someone who is employed as a gardener in Dubai and transferred the dosh :D

what makes people so sure that money had to be transfer in to finance this operation? There is probably so much paper currency ratholed in this country which could not, can not be gotten out of the country, without red flags being whipped around that a good size war could could be financed in advance. More misdirection for the RTP to make a show of

Many holding on to the keys to access funds obtained illegally are probably too old to have sons that they need cash to arrange a marriage and the majority do not seem inclined to donate to charity , poor, or the many NGO''s who are attempting to bring a higher standard of living to the general honest population.

she didn’t notify district officials so no health/schooling/ or anything that required an id card /birth cert

​sorry don't believe that one

Xactly right.

So, if we are to believe this then...............

He never went to kindergarten school

He never attended primary school

He never stepped into a secondary school

He was never called up for army subscription

He was never immunized against any diseases when he was young

He was never sick........ not once, and so never had to see a doctor

Never had a motorbike or truck licence

He was never stopped.....not once by the police......never.

Never needed a bank account for money transfers

and on and on it goes.

Ive got it! He is Burmese, no Thais can do this.

Wasn't the same guy been in custody before and that police were knowing his whereabouts, confident to catch him in few days, few days ago?

(I don't know why rtp make any press release)

He was imprisioned, but we did not ask for his ID, niether did Judge, we just placed him in a cell named John Doh, or maybe he gave dough to police to forget his ID, maybe we lost his bail papers because nothing written on them, maybe he sneaked into Malaysia after a night out at Sungai golok very easy just walk across border from the bar happens every night, bar girls dont mind if you are terrorist Mai Bpen Rai. Or maybe his Mother has alzhiemers in which case we give up as she cant remember aoddly enough wai2.gif

Would be nice if they would do a bit more of this money trail stuff as there are maybe one or two extremely unusually wealthy people in LOS be nice to see where the money came from though I am sure they are just prudent savers who have married well....oops must have dozed off and started dreaming again....

Yep, could start with Somyot. Now, he only has about 355 million THB, but no one knows from whence it came. There was a move to charge him for corruption but . . . well, PTP was in charge of things back then, and we know how interested they were in investigating the RTP for corruption.

"...well, PTP was in charge of things back then, and we know how interested they were in investigating the RTP for corrupt"

About as interested as they are now, I guess.

I guess you guess wrong.

Much more action involving RTP officers being investigated, charged, prosecuted and some already jailed since the new government took over. Of course, not so many of the top echelon but that would be going against the "rules of the game" with the top elites.

PTP simply let them get on with whatever they wanted to do - as long as they did PTP's bidding when requested.

Edited by Baerboxer

Lol the pm and his circle of geniuses made up a redshirt terrorist to change the subject from the Muslims repatriated to China to a political movement. If they have zero information on whether this person exists how do they know he perpetrated the crime?

Because they said he exists they said they didn't make it up. So therefore he must have done it.

Not good enough for you, OK.

Would be nice if they would do a bit more of this money trail stuff as there are maybe one or two extremely unusually wealthy people in LOS be nice to see where the money came from though I am sure they are just prudent savers who have married well....oops must have dozed off and started dreaming again....

Yep, could start with Somyot. Now, he only has about 355 million THB, but no one knows from whence it came. There was a move to charge him for corruption but . . . well, PTP was in charge of things back then, and we know how interested they were in investigating the RTP for corruption.

"...well, PTP was in charge of things back then, and we know how interested they were in investigating the RTP for corrupt"

About as interested as they are now, I guess.

I guess you guess wrong.

Much more action involving RTP officers being investigated, charged, prosecuted and some already jailed since the new government took over. Of course, not so many of the top echelon but that would be going against the "rules of the game" with the top elites.

PTP simply let them get on with whatever they wanted to do - as long as they did PTP's bidding when requested.

"Much more action involving RTP officers being investigated, charged, prosecuted and some already jailed since the new government took over. Of course, not so many of the top echelon but that would be going against the "rules of the game" with the top elites."

So you agree that real change can only take place when you start at the top but at the same time applaud the window dressing/theatrics that's going on today, where they axe a few low and middle ranking figures (and, I guess, some political opponents)?

"PTP simply let them get on with whatever they wanted to do - as long as they did PTP's bidding when requested."

And since the junta leader has graciously decided that reforming the police will be left to the next government (and we all know that could take some time) while going after more serious problems like the state lottery that has not changed at all. The junta has let the RTP stumble on (in fact applauded them) during the Koh Tao case and the bombing investigation, reward payments, the !d!ot RTP general who huffed and puffed because of being ask to do a breath test, the list goes on and on.

Nothing substantial has changed.

"I guess you guess wrong"

I guess not.