Thai govt vows actions against all 'Single Gateway' attackers

webfact

So the PM claims he never ordered the go ahead with the single gateway,(<deleted>) regardless of the leaked document to the contrary,

But ok lets trust his claim for a moment, so would this not be that the MP's issued the implementation of the S/GW on the three separate occasions???

And as for threats to catch the protester's for ddos, don't make me laugh

Hang on a tick! I thought the govt said there would be no "single gateway" and they are only studying it.

So why the backlash?

Oh wait! The regime got caught out with the publication of the draft order trying to be rammed thru legislature without the public's knowledge.

Either way, the current regime has cooked their own goose. With this current threat they have exposed their true intentions (despite what is dictated to the masses).

Advice to junta: just pick one lie and stick to it.

Things getting from bad to worse with this lot. Denial, paranoia and desperation. Dark times ahead.

Addendum to previous post:

If any person that has lived in or grew up in a liberal democracy cannot see that the current regime (like other authoritarian regimes before it both in this country and others) is spouting words of benevolence whilst making overt threats and slowly chipping away at the basic rights and freedoms of the citizenry it is a shame.

As others have mentioned before in quite disparate posts, this coup is on a different level. The powers that be are playing for keeps this time on account of the inevitable "event" that may occur in the not too distant future.

While the current regime has brought peace to the streets, it has not brought peace and reconciliation to the nation. The divisions are so deeply rooted in an out-dated caste system that the current regime's political double-speak, distortion of facts and outright contempt for the common man among whom they live and work is only creating a wider chasm in Thai society. They continue to (blindly) underestimate the potential of their citizenry who has moved on (at least in a collective social conscience manner) from feudal times. The regime and their supporters are so disconnected from this fact they cannot see how out of touch they are. They are still relying on the playbook that is nearly 100 years old.

In brief, it is the last "hoorah" for the amart. They know they will never win a legitimate election in a Thailand whose citizenry are becoming more informed, that aspire to improve their lot in life and are the majority.

It is a power and cash grab by the influential (who have recognized that their influence over the country is waning because Thailand and its people are emerging from the 15th century into the 21st century).

I recognize there will be those detractors that claim that PTP, Yingluck, Thaksin, the amnesty bill and the great apocalypse of the rice pledging scheme was no better and led to the current situation and that the junta is an improvement. I am not disputing these points with my comments/observations. Dissenting opinions and intelligent, informed discourse are the foundations of a vibrant democracy as well as an enlightened society that respects all individuals as equals.

So, to pre-empt any "Thaksin this and Yingluck that and the bloodthirsty Red Shirts did this" type of repetitive and circular arguments I share a quote from my Dad (an immigrant from a country under authoritarian rule not unlike this one) when he met natives of my birth country (liberal democracy) that were complaining about the waste, corruption and idiotic policies of the govt: "An imperfect democracy is better than no democracy. If you feel so strongly, exercise your right to vote before you lose it."

Sadly, in the case of Thailand and its people this right that was guaranteed to them under the previous constitution(s) has already been revoked for the foreseeable future. They have been backed into a corner looking down the barrel of a gun.

Tragic.

Nice post, well written but I don't agree.

I don't agree that an imperfect democratic is better as an autocratic rule. Just look at Irak and Syria for the examples. Before the US meddled there were dictators there (not good at all) but now people are dying by the scores and migrating to Europe. Most things were far better under the autocratic rule. (at least for the majority of people not for the dissidents.). Just look at the monster that was created by the US called ISIS because they wanted oil and were supposed to bring democracy. (not an US bash just stating facts)

Also I don't agree that its a fight between the rich and the poor, its a fight between 2 rich factions, the people backing Thaksin are not poor at all and just an other group that wants to benefit from corruption. In no way is this a struggle between the rich and the poor.

I don't agree with everything the junta does, as a fact there are quite a few things I don't agree with this single gateway is one of them. But overall its better as the imperfect democracy we had before. Though my support is waning as the junta is getting more oppressive just like you are stating if this goes on there soon will be a point where i both dislike them equally. But so far that point is not reached.

For me its the lesser of 2 evils, for others its not.

But as a foreigner I have zero influence just like everyone else here and all we can do is debate it and have some fun doing so.

You make some interesting points and I respect your opinion on the matter.

However, disastrous US foreign policy in the Middle East aside (which is being debated openly in the media elsewhere), you made the argument that the only people negatively affected by autocratic rule are dissidents. First, that is quite a broad claim (the veracity of which need not be debated here). Second, your admission that dissidents are oppressed and their views stifled only goes to support my very point: that basic rights and freedoms like free speech and freedom of assembly that are prohibited under autocratic rule are necessary to preserve the integrity of the soverignty of the state and to prevent nations and their citizens from being mere puppets to superpowers. Before my post moves off topic I will end it there.

In any case, you raised some good (and debatable) points. And as you said, we luckily have the right to discuss and debate them (for now).