What's Your Biggest Challenge "hassle" With Day to Day Living in Pattaya

SoCal5252

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm.... can't think of anything really.

I think rain is my biggest gripe.

All others are minor and can usually be overcome quite easily.

okay yes!

two things:

- the beaches which I think are hideous and filthy - instead I have to drive to hat sai kheo every time I want to go to a nice beach

and

- the lack of really nice, quiet places where to sit down and relax. Pattaya is cramped and busy almost everywhere as well as not nice enough everywhere. When will they build a well maintained park?

Edited by manarak

Driving / Riding in Pattaya.

Every day is an ordeal.

Drive Jomtien to Nakula twice a day. unbelievable driving riding by Thai people.

Should we feel sorry for the deaths on the road, yes, but its wearing off

after years of this disgraceful, dangerous, selfish, idiotic behaviour. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

Most other things in Pattaya, are fine for me. wai2.gif

Ps

The standard of the ladies is slipping now days, they need to put the rice bowl down. thumbsup.gif

1. Knowing many Thais carry a firearm.

2.Thais "thinking" they're in control of their motor vehicles and motor bikes.

Complete rudeness (especially in terms of noise pollution), first-class stupidity among the vast majority of the population, dealing with the worst slices (Thais and Farangs) of humanity, horrible infrastructure, terrible traffic problems, liars and thieves, predators and addicts of all types, terrible beaches and polluted water, and an almost complete lack of green space.

Pattaya is one of the driest places in Thailand so you chose the right place to be!

I rather look forward to a bit of rain as it makes a nice change and is usually quite spectacular to watch from my high-rise condo.

Complete rudeness (especially in terms of noise pollution), first-class stupidity among the vast majority of the population, dealing with the worst slices (Thais and Farangs) of humanity, horrible infrastructure, terrible traffic problems, liars and thieves, predators and addicts of all types, terrible beaches and polluted water, and an almost complete lack of green space.

So, still better than where you come from then!

Only serious problem is water shortages and wondering why they would build an underpass in such a place where all the water running into Sukhumvit collects. Pattaya is a seaside town where people go to have fun. Can be improved but the beaches have just been cleaned up and the water is always going to be dirty in the rainy season.Try living in Malaysia there is not a decent beach left anywhere. Biggest problem now is lack of tourists because of the military government

You can wake up each morning and make a decision that all things are bad or you can accept them. I came here years ago did my research on many places in this country and numerous other SouthEast Asia Countries and because of the numerous benefits especially cost of living compared to that at home, and a large variety of places to eat and venues to spend a night out, I decided on Pattaya.

I also understand that this is a THIRD WORLD country, so right away I'am not going to get upset about all the things that are not the same as they are at home, If I wanted things that way I'd stay at home and a lot of the Moaners here should have, Unfortunately Thats the only bad part of this place.

If you travel to any Third world country you will find everything the same. The Thai's are not going to do anything just to suit the retired expat living here or the Tourist, although the tourist will be higher on the list as they spend more. In any Third World Country its mostly about Politicians and Bureaucrats doing what they can to appease the locals / Thai voters and put Money into there pocket.

Being Happy here is Easy, Accept it for what it is and enjoy it, because anytype of change to anything looking like you might have enjoyed back home is going to be very slow in happening and it won't be in our lifetime if it does happen.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST.

hmmmm.... can't think of anything really.

All others are minor and can usually be overcome quite easily.

okay yes!

two things:

- the beaches which I think are hideous and filthy - instead I have to drive to hat sai kheo every time I want to go to a nice beach

and

- the lack of really nice, quiet places where to sit down and relax. Pattaya is cramped and busy almost everywhere as well as not nice enough everywhere. When will they build a well maintained park?

They will never build a well maintained park! The land is to valuable and it would just become another crime ridden area like the beach is at night.

You can wake up each morning and make a decision that all things are bad or you can accept them. I came here years ago did my research on many places in this country and numerous other SouthEast Asia Countries and because of the numerous benefits especially cost of living compared to that at home, and a large variety of places to eat and venues to spend a night out, I decided on Pattaya.

I also understand that this is a THIRD WORLD country, so right away I'am not going to get upset about all the things that are not the same as they are at home, If I wanted things that way I'd stay at home and a lot of the Moaners here should have, Unfortunately Thats the only bad part of this place.

If you travel to any Third world country you will find everything the same. The Thai's are not going to do anything just to suit the retired expat living here or the Tourist, although the tourist will be higher on the list as they spend more. In any Third World Country its mostly about Politicians and Bureaucrats doing what they can to appease the locals / Thai voters and put Money into there pocket.

Being Happy here is Easy, Accept it for what it is and enjoy it, because anytype of change to anything looking like you might have enjoyed back home is going to be very slow in happening and it won't be in our lifetime if it does happen.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST.

Good post. thumbsup.gif

So, still better than where you come from then!

Oh no, not at all. Where I come from is massively better than this place. So, why am I here? The global organization that I work for wants me here (along with a Thai wife). I will be out of here like a flash of light when a transfer comes through. It is not all bad; it is just not a place that is for me. I saw through the fake smiles a long time ago. Right now, the worst thing, IMHO, is noise pollution.

noise, removing exhaust on a moped thinking the horrible loud noise it makes turns it into a superbike then proceeding to ride it like a lunatic thinking it is super cool, it definately isn't and is forcing me to close my windows at night because of the noise, also open bars playing music (or hosting parties) so loud you can't hear music in the bar you are in - highly annoying and bad for business

I miss all the nice Russian folk. Good thing the Chinese are starting to show up in higher numbers.....Maybe Thailand will catch a break and be able to increase the amount of millions of fun loving people from the sub-continent as well......

Don't know, day to day life is pretty normal to what it would be in many other countries ....

Sure, as a foreigner and guest in this country I have to deal with immigration, unfortunately

more often than I like. But it's my choice to stay here, so this is the price I pay.

One must of course be acceptable and open to local culture and "manners". It's their country

so we need to fit in. I dislike expats trying to change this place ... think why you came here in

the first place ...

In the 20+ years I've been living here, I have loved it. Not always easy, but considering I

am a guest here, I am having a pretty easy life and am overall treated very well by the locals !

luudee

How the city lacks infrastructure - not proactive in taking care of a growing city of traffic and towering condos. How so called engineers can allow projects not 100% completed. (Look at the dug up sidewalk in front of Best Grocery store near the Dolphin round-about... ) The hole and pile of blocks will be there the next two years at least. All of the sidewalks have holes, piled up sand or dirt --#hitty job done by amateuers.

I say "love it or leave it."

My only angst comes from the flies that love to land on me. Annoying but not painful.

Well don't go to Australia, clouds of flies wherever you go, even in Central Australia you could be the only person in 200 sq miles yet you'll have flies up your nose,in your mouth and buzzing your eyes uuuggghhhh !