Thailand Post unveils super packing box

webfact

Thailand Post unveils super packing box

12080879_10153682555408637_2043513195_n-

BANGKOK: -- Thailand Post today displayed its new cardboard box that it claims is strong, durable and capable to excellently withstand impact and pressure.

The introduction of the new postal packing box came as Thailand Post joined the United Nations to celebrate the “World Post Day 2015″ which will fall on October 9.

The World Post Day marks the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in the Swiss capital, Berne. It was declared World Post Day by the UPU Congress held in Tokyo, Japan, in 1969.

The purpose of World Post Day is to create awareness of the role of the postal sector in people’s and businesses’ everyday lives and its contribution to the social and economic development of countries.

The celebration encourages member countries to undertake programme activities aimed at generating a broader awareness of their Post’s role and activities among the public and media on a national scale.

Every year, more than 150 countries celebrate World Post Day in a variety of ways.

In certain countries, World Post Day is observed as a working holiday. Many Posts use the event to introduce or promote new postal products and services.

In Thailand, Thailand Post held the celebration of the day at Central World Plaza Rama 3 from October 5-11, showcasing several activities, with its highlight on the new packing box under the theme “Thailand Post, Drive National Economy to World Economy.”

The new packing box can withstand weight of a healthy person and can excellently resist impact and pressure.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-post-unveils-super-packing-box

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-10-08

^^ You just beat me to it!!

Thailand Post today displayed its new cardboard box that it claims is strong, durable and capable to excellently withstand impact and pressure but not their employees' sticky fingers!!

will it enable registered mail tracking to continue after Suwanabhumi as many dont get updated.

will I now be able to send plastic bottles containing safe liquids in the new padded box..as now they wont accept the box if it contains any bottles liquid (even if padded and surrounded with poly chips) blink.png

Aaah, but does it withstand the thieving proclivities of the Thailand Post staff, I wonder?

Great stuff... at least we can be assured in the knowledge that the rock replaced by said theiving staff in place of the intended iPhone is well protected while in transit.

will it enable registered mail tracking to continue after Suwanabhumi as many dont get updated.

almost everything I sent last month disappeared at the airport, as far as I can tell its theft, not always so bad but at the moment it seems a lot is being taken

Edited by phycokiller

It just looks exactly like the old box,with some plastic padding,don't

know how its an improvement,as before when sending anything

fragile just made sure it was well packed,bubble wrap,paper,not

much to shout about for World Post Day.

regards Worgeordie

Aaah, but does it withstand the thieving proclivities of the Thailand Post staff, I wonder?

BS. We ship thousands of packages every year around the world. Almost no losses. In the rare occasion of a loss or damage, it almost always happens in the destination country. Especially the USofA. Kudos to the Thai Post for their excellent service.

will they actually stock it in the post offices, as it is everytime I go to one to get a box/padded envelope they are supposed to carry they are out of stock, ie,they simply donrt bother to replace them once they are all gone or they never have them in the first place. Seems to be a big problem here, they never replace stock in any shops, seems they have found somewhere else for the money to do so to go........

BS. We ship thousands of packages every year around the world. Almost no losses. In the rare occasion of a loss or damage, it almost always happens in the destination country. Especially the USofA. Kudos to the Thai Post for their excellent service.

seems you are looking with closed eyes, I have had heaps stolen from the post in Thailand, especially valuable things like new credit cards, when I approached the local post office after 2 cards went missing they even admitted it happens and that they cannot stop the postal workers from doing it, I had to get them sent in unmarked plain packaging that had to be signed for before they actually got one to me. Thai post is a night mare

Been here for over 20 years. Exporting items for the past five years. Ship at least 5 parcels a day. All this time, excellent service from the Thai Post. If I was losing things, I would know it.

seems you are looking with closed eyes, I have had heaps stolen from the post in Thailand, especially valuable things like new credit cards, when I approached the local post office after 2 cards went missing they even admitted it happens and that they cannot stop the postal workers from doing it, I had to get them sent in unmarked plain packaging that had to be signed for before they actually got one to me. Thai post is a night mare

I wonder - have you lost anything in your post?

Because - I have lost nothing at all and I had send more then 100 parcels in span of 20 years.

Everything has been delivered - 100%!

Shit post.... rubbish... out of order...

Quite a factual post actually. My last two parcels had been opened and some contents thieved!!

Have it ever occurred to you that the parcels was opened by customs to inspect the contents and they stole items or removed illegally imported items.

Half my mail goes missing, and anything not registered and from overseas goes missing.

About time postal services from other countries ended their partnership with Thai Post and directed deliveries through couriers who have a clue.

I wonder - have you lost anything in your post?

Because - I have lost nothing at all and I had send more then 100 parcels in span of 20 years.

Everything has been delivered - 100%!

At the risk of gross repetition YES I have had numerous items stolen by Thailand Post employees - I even have incontrovertible proof of a local post man forging my wife's signature on TWO occasions.

The police were totally uninterested but after we made a formal complaint at the main post office, the provincial boss of Thailand Post came to our house and apologised - yes, apologised - for the thefts which he admitted he knew about but BEGGED ME not to think badly of Thailand Post since "not all employees are corrupt"!

Needless to say, no-one was sacked or even reprimanded over this - the boss's only concern was that I did not publicise their wholly dishonest and corrupt behaviour - which is why I do precisely that whenever I can..................

will they actually stock it in the post offices, as it is everytime I go to one to get a box/padded envelope they are supposed to carry they are out of stock, ie,they simply donrt bother to replace them once they are all gone or they never have them in the first place. Seems to be a big problem here, they never replace stock in any shops, seems they have found somewhere else for the money to do so to go........

Welcome to Thailand.

And oh, the answer is no.

Over many years, I have received hundreds of packages from both domestic and overseas locations. I have never lost a thing and the Thai Post has always provided me with exemplary service. The US Postal Service could take some lessons.

The reason some of you have problems is that you choose to live in moral backwaters like Pattaya. What do you expect?

Shit post.... rubbish... out of order...

Quite a factual post actually. My last two parcels had been opened and some contents thieved!!

stolen, sorry dont beleive you .