Bangkok Immigration Announces New Dress Code

How does one dress "politely"?. One dresses "respectably". One does not wear "casual attire".

I do not greet my underpants with a, "Good morning." Neither do I hold the door open for my T-shirt (Is that banned?).

• Like 2

Nothing "NEW" !

Phuket have had these signs since at least last February.

I think it's unreasonable to ban sandals and short pants in beach resort areas like Phuket and Pattaya.

I think it is unreasonable anywhere in a country with a tropical climate. More so considering the vast majority of the locals wear shorts and flip flops every day.

Perhaps but I understand a stricter code in Bangkok especially around short pants. Not so much about sandals if they're decent and not flip flops.

What difference does wearing sandals make when you have to remove your footwear before entering?

Been to many immigration offices and never had to remove footwear. To which office are you saying you have to remove footwear to enter?

Nothing "NEW" !

Phuket have had these signs since at least last February.

I think it's unreasonable to ban sandals and short pants in beach resort areas like Phuket and Pattaya.
I think it is unreasonable anywhere in a country with a tropical climate. More so considering the vast majority of the locals wear shorts and flip flops every day.

Perhaps but I understand a stricter code in Bangkok especially around short pants. Not so much about sandals if they're decent and not flip flops.

You are probably right. In the city more people may be expected to wear smart clothes for work or appointments. I'm in the sticks where dressing smart for most of the locals means putting on your best polo shirt.

• Like 1