Bangkok Immigration Announces New Dress Code

Soutpeel, on 19 Oct 2015 - 14:30, said:

But isnt the key difference here in these examples one is paying for that service, in other words they want something off you ?

In the case of immigration...the punter wants something off them ie the visa or extension, so its their rules....and thats the difference

smotherb, on 22 Oct 2015 - 00:47, said:

I fail to see the difference. You think Thailand doesn't want something off you; or that hotels don't have their rules; or that the punter doesn't want the hotel room?

tropo, on 22 Oct 2015 - 01:56, said:

The difference is fairly obvious and the illustration was clear. Just to make it clearer, substitute "want" with "need". People need the visa or extension. Nobody needs any particular hotel room as they have a wide variety of choices.

You need a visa extension, you play by their rules.

smotherb, on 22 Oct 2015 - 14:30, said:

You miss the obvious. I don't need Thailand; therefore, I don't need the visas. There are other countries to go, just as there are other hotels to go.

I reiterate, too bad if you have buried yourself here and "need" to stay.

tropo Posted Yesterday, 18:23

I missed the obvious? It's obvious you are a confused individual with a chip on your shoulder...

Even if you or others decide to bail Thailand because you don't want to dress appropriately when visiting the Immigration office, you still go there because you need something. Why else would you go?

If you don't want to stay - then clear off and find another country where everything is perfect for you. There's no need to make veiled insults to others who are quite content to live here despite the "inconvenience" of having to dress up to visit the Immigration Office.

Edited by tropo, Yesterday, 18:31

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well now, it seems a pissing contest is on. I will make one more post; then allow you the last word, if that is what you want.

Yes, you have missed the obvious and you are the confused one. You are the one who perceives a need to stay in Thailand and then perceives an insult when I point that out.

Your only correct statement may be the chip on my shoulder. Yes, I do feel rather proud of myself for the wise decisions and worthwhile accomplishments I have made in my life. In fact, I am quite content with family, finances, friends, and living options. One point of content is the fact I do not need to stay somewhere I must jump through hoops I do not want to jump.

Soutpeel, on 19 Oct 2015 - 14:30, said:

But isnt the key difference here in these examples one is paying for that service, in other words they want something off you ?

In the case of immigration...the punter wants something off them ie the visa or extension, so its their rules....and thats the difference

smotherb, on 22 Oct 2015 - 00:47, said:

I fail to see the difference. You think Thailand doesn't want something off you; or that hotels don't have their rules; or that the punter doesn't want the hotel room?

tropo, on 22 Oct 2015 - 01:56, said:

The difference is fairly obvious and the illustration was clear. Just to make it clearer, substitute "want" with "need". People need the visa or extension. Nobody needs any particular hotel room as they have a wide variety of choices.

You need a visa extension, you play by their rules.

smotherb, on 22 Oct 2015 - 14:30, said:

You miss the obvious. I don't need Thailand; therefore, I don't need the visas. There are other countries to go, just as there are other hotels to go.

I reiterate, too bad if you have buried yourself here and "need" to stay.

tropo Posted Yesterday, 18:23

I missed the obvious? It's obvious you are a confused individual with a chip on your shoulder...

Even if you or others decide to bail Thailand because you don't want to dress appropriately when visiting the Immigration office, you still go there because you need something. Why else would you go?

If you don't want to stay - then clear off and find another country where everything is perfect for you. There's no need to make veiled insults to others who are quite content to live here despite the "inconvenience" of having to dress up to visit the Immigration Office.

Edited by tropo, Yesterday, 18:31

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well now, it seems a pissing contest is on. I will make one more post; then allow you the last word, if that is what you want.

Yes, you have missed the obvious and you are the confused one. You are the one who perceives a need to stay in Thailand and then perceives an insult when I point that out.

Your only correct statement may be the chip on my shoulder. Yes, I do feel rather proud of myself for the wise decisions and worthwhile accomplishments I have made in my life. In fact, I am quite content with family, finances, friends, and living options. One point of content is the fact I do not need to stay somewhere I must jump through hoops I do not want to jump.

WT :blink:....last time looked...TV isnt a court of law, so whats with detailing the public record Rumpole ?....

• Like 2