PM urges dissenters to respect law, avoid causing disturbances

Lite Beer

PM urges dissenters to respect law, avoid causing disturbances

BANGKOK, 9 October 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on dissident groups to refrain from illegal activities while being mindful of negative consequences before taking any action.

During his weekly televised address, Prime Minister Prayut insisted that the government does not prohibit the people from holding public gatherings but they must not breach the law. He asked all groups to understand the national situation and avoid movements that could affect the country’s economy, security and political stability.

Against the accusations by certain groups, the premier reaffirmed that his administration and the National Council for Peace and Order did not come into office in pursuit of power or personal gains. Instead, they have been working with sincerity and determination to address issues that have long been left unsolved and restore peace and order in the nation.

Gen Prayut encouraged Thai people to respect each other and use discretion when consuming news in order not to be easily misled. He vowed that the government is open to all criticisms as long as they are constructive and based on factual information.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-10 footer_n.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The PM insisted that the government does not prohibit people from holding public gatherings but they must not breach the law"

Yeah right tell that to the students and their family's that were arrested during a peaceful gathering several weeks ago for their "attitude adjusting" with threats of gaol and bank accounts frozen etc.

This bloke does a lot of "insisting" that things are one way but in fact they are completely opposite to the claims.

1. there will not be another coup.

2. They don't understand Thainess, The international community understands the situation in Thailand.

3 No Thai would do this.

4. there will be elections next year, ok the next year, ehhh ok maybe the year after that?

5. The single gateway is just a study, don't worry about the four separate and signed off cabinet minuets of the meeting ordering it implementation ASAP.

I don't suppose it has occurred to him, or any of his advisors (does he have any?) that by going on national TV, all channels, and telling people not to show dissent, he may plant (or bring to the fore) the idea of showing dissent in some peoples minds?

The pace of the repression does seem to be hotting up a bit doesn't it? Is there more opposition out there than is reported?

Man above the law encourages others to follow the law.

And in a position to impose his own law, not the kind that gets discussed and voted on before being put in the statute books but the kind that comes from Art 44 which gives him absolute power and makes him THE MAN

"The PM insisted that the government does not prohibit people from holding public gatherings but they must not breach the law"

Yeah right tell that to the students and their family's that were arrested during a peaceful gathering several weeks ago for their "attitude adjusting" with threats of gaol and bank accounts frozen etc.

This bloke does a lot of "insisting" that things are one way but in fact they are completely opposite to the claims.

2. They don't understand Thainess, The international community understands the situation in Thailand.

3 No Thai would do this.

4. there will be elections next year, ok the next year, ehhh ok maybe the year after that?

5. The single gateway is just a study, don't worry about the four separate and signed off cabinet minuets of the meeting ordering it implementation ASAP.

You forgot to list " I do not want to become PM"

"During his weekly televised address, Prime Minister Prayut insisted that the government does not prohibit the people from holding public gatherings...."

Huh?? I thought that people were not allowed to form larger groups than five persons? Well, at least those opposing the junta, while those supporting it of course can do as they please, as is evident after Suthep and Mad Monk Issara's gatherings.

Edited by MZurf

All they had to do was keep the Charter intact, and add a provision requiring a super majority for specific laws and bills.

The cooperation between polarities it forces on politicians is simple.

The limitations to Rule-by-mob are simple.

But they only want SOME people's power to be limited.

3 No Thai would do this.

Chairman...

Towards the end of the telecast last night he made comment that he was doing his best..for the good of the country and "why would i want power?"

I guess he does have a point, in that he is super rich already.

One could assume he's not in it for the money, but its pretty obvious he's here to help steer the ship after a certain future event.

Its going to take some strong leadership at that time, and if this guy gains experience now it can only help the country then.

The farangs that criticise everything he does do not seem to reason.. if it was not him..it would be someone else.

And im sure it could be a lot worse. Who would you knockers rather have leading the country at this time, Thaksin?

Towards the end of the telecast last night he made comment that he was doing his best..for the good of the country and "why would i want power?"

One could assume he's not in it for the money, but its pretty obvious he's here to help steer the ship after a certain future event.

Its going to take some strong leadership at that time, and if this guy gains experience now it can only help the country then.

The farangs that criticise everything he does do not seem to reason.. if it was not him..it would be someone else.

And im sure it could be a lot worse. Who would you knockers rather have leading the country at this time, Thaksin?

Whoever was elected to do so?

so yesterday uncle Too, claimed people who broke the law a year ago( suthep and the yellow shirt) could/would be pardonned

today, he warn people ( who disagree with his politics) to keep it quiet....

Edited by Bender

The head of the current administration started off speechifying every Friday for well over an hour. Thailand would be Great Among Nations under his Guidance. There is a precise measurement to evidence how wrong it has all gone. That measurement is how long his Friday "Restoring Happiness" address goes on for. It hasn't been over an hour in months. I time them all. Not one mention of the Erawan Bomber and he's had weeks in which to announce something intelligent on that. To his credit, he has not specified one achievement in the last month. A foto-op is not an achievement. We're still in the Land of Proposed, Planned & Projected. One damned diminuendo after another. No wonder every morning on Ch. 3 the head of the current administration can be seen scunnered. It's a Hissy A Day now. Stay tuned

For a man who wants reconciliation so much and then to here this just reminds me of a song 'Heartland' by The The

...so many people can't express whats on their mind,

nobody knows them, nobody every will

until their backs are broken, their dreams are stolen

and they can't get what they want, so they're gonna get angry

Well, its ain't written in the papers, but its written on the walls

the way this country is dividing to fall

and the cranes are moving on the skyline, gonna know down. This town

But the stains on the heartland can never be removed,

from this country that's sick, sad and confused...'

Written about the UK in the early eighties, seems more apt for here at the moment

And you think things would be better, or somehow more tolerable if another bigT proxy?

my problem is I think he really believes what he's saying and believes he's saving Thailand and THAT is very dangerous

Exaclty, remember how he could believe why the UN and International community did not see him as a National hero? Yes, the word "hero" was used for "saving" Thailand from the last government.

This guy is absolutely prepared to breach human rights and suppress freedom of speech. We have all seen him threaten action against those that speak badly of the police regarding certain investigations.

We have already seen the blocking of the Daily Mail newspaper in the UK because they published negatives things about the police handling of the Koh Tao murders.

Someone has mentioned on this post that students were threatened with all sorts of things including frozen bank accounts during a demonstration? Not sure how factual that is but if its true that is an absolute abuse and illegal use of power.

He needs to shut up, get the reforms in place and give power back to the people as soon as possible and stop with all this BS.

And you think things would be better, or somehow more tolerable if another bigT proxy?

Do you feel that is likely or was it a rhetorical question?

3 No Thai would do this.

Well technically speaking, he, isn't ..

Do you feel that is likely or was it a rhetorical question?

Going off previous form, id have to say the reds would be a clear favourite.

It should be pointed out, back in the Yinluck campaign many (including me) thought..

No Way will Thais elect her...and look what happened.

Unless the poor in this country have magically dropped below the 50% mark, i think the same will happen.

what is the % population of BKK citizens against greater Thailand?

Why just a proxy? What about the Man himself?