Govt continues to strengthen economy in all dimensions

Lite Beer

Govt continues to strengthen economy in all dimensions

BANGKOK, 10 October 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the government’s approaches to solving economic problems primarily focus on the guidelines set by His Majesty the King.

He said the government is now implementing the first phase of major economic reforms as well as short-term and long-term economic stimulus which are yet to move forward together.

The government's economy-strengthening plans include new tourism development, international relations development, world market expansion and acceleration of international trade negotiations and agreements, among others.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-10-10 footer_n.gif

He said the government is now implementing the first phase of major economic reforms as well as short-term and long-term economic stimulus which are yet to move forward together.

The government's economy-strengthening plans include new tourism development, international relations development, world market expansion and acceleration of international trade negotiations and agreements, among others.

They should just plan to continue to disappoint......

"plans include new tourism development,"

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow, tomorrow is a day away never comes.

"...international relations development,"

Uh, you have some problems with some lots of international black marks you are ignoring...

"world market expansion,"

Uh, You actually have threats of cutting off your markets...

"...and acceleration of international trade negotiations."

See above.

Delusional nonsense. The GDP forecast is down. The EU is threatening sanctions unless the junta restores human rights. Tourism has been badly hit.

Sounds like somebody needs a bit of attitude adjustment to get into the real world.

I really do wish my business and livelihood wasn`t dependent on tourism. But it is, which is why these `words` to me are meaningless in the real world. Actions speak louder than words. And,though I`m no expert, I see tourism has plummeted, the economy declining, long term International investment going elsewhere and general International unhappiness with the direction Thailand is heading.

Worst still there is no light at the end of the tunnel for all these issues. Talk of how rosy things will be are just empty words. There won`t be elections soon, tourism won`t pick up soon, nor will the economy or investment from overseas. The rich, powerful, elite, royalist will still control Thailand after an election anyway and none of the fundamental flaws with the country will change either - an army accountable to the government of the day, an independent & fair legal system, corrupt free police, politicians, army etc and accountable. And when the said rich, powerful, elite royalists don`t like the government they`ll be yet another coup.

This propaganda bought to you courtesy of the National News Bureau of Thailand (NNT) which is part of the Government Public Relations Department. Their whole purposes to speak good of govt programs and activities (whether actually good or not).

I still remember the glorious NNTwrite-ups of the rice price support scheme during the Yinluck administration. But now that there are different folks in power who shutdown the money-losing and corrupt rice price support scheme you don't see the NNT releases speaking good of it; now they speak bad of it, what the govt is doing to recover some of the money spent on the scheme, etc.

Yeap, the NNT publishes what pleases the current govt in power.

I can save these guys some time when talking about pursuing international trade. The EU has stated no FTA agreement with Thailand until democracy returns. From the U.S. point of view, the fact Thailand is at the lowest rank on the TIP report means zero chance of joining the TPP.

Delusional nonsense. The GDP forecast is down. The EU is threatening sanctions unless the junta restores human rights. Tourism has been badly hit.

Sounds like somebody needs a bit of attitude adjustment to get into the real world.

"Tourism has been badly hit." I read on here the other day that tourism figures had never been better! cheesy.gif

I really do wish my business and livelihood wasn`t dependent on tourism. But it is, which is why these `words` to me are meaningless in the real world. Actions speak louder than words. And,though I`m no expert, I see tourism has plummeted, the economy declining, long term International investment going elsewhere and general International unhappiness with the direction Thailand is heading.

Worst still there is no light at the end of the tunnel for all these issues. Talk of how rosy things will be are just empty words. There won`t be elections soon, tourism won`t pick up soon, nor will the economy or investment from overseas. The rich, powerful, elite, royalist will still control Thailand after an election anyway and none of the fundamental flaws with the country will change either - an army accountable to the government of the day, an independent & fair legal system, corrupt free police, politicians, army etc and accountable. And when the said rich, powerful, elite royalists don`t like the government they`ll be yet another coup.

" I see tourism has plummeted," See post # 22

Wasn't there an article written by the IMF the other day, down grading the economic growth in Thailand? Furthermore it was discussed that the junta's short term solutions were not sustainable. Until Thailand upgraded technology and quality of goods, the outcome was dire. It further mentioned that Thailand was behind the rest of the ASEAN countries.

I really have a hard time understanding these so called positive domestic prognosis, when the rest of the international community says the opposite!

As regards tourism, who the heck is happy being on a towel in the sand on the beaches. Sorry, but people over a certain age (even young people) are not happy not having a comfortable sun bed, being able to read or whatever. They don't come here to lay by the pool, they want to relax in a sun bed on the beach, read, get up and take a long walk and return to their comfortable sun bed and watch the waves. They also like a cold glass of water or a light lunch served. Are not even hotels allowed to have sun beds on the beach? There is no beach resort I know of in the south of France, Italy, Dubai, Africa, Spain, Portugal or the carrabean that does not offer comfortable sun lounges on the beach. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe hotels here in Thailand are allowed to have loungers on the beach. If not, I think Thailand will lose a lot of so called quality tourists.

I mentioned on another thread how everything is going wrong for the head of the current administration and that that can be measured by how long is Friday yaks are. There is a better measure which is: How many ThaiVisa trolls defend him? Fewer by the day -- and they change their identity once they are laughed off the field.

I mentioned on another thread how everything is going wrong for the head of the current administration and that that can be measured by how long is Friday yaks are. There is a better measure which is: How many ThaiVisa trolls defend him? Fewer by the day -- and they change their identity once they are laughed off the field.

You can only flog a dead horse so long.