Ikobo.com Cheats Hundreds Of Companies

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all the posts on this thread I was at first scared and in the end relaxed. I signed up not long ago and I thought I had made a big mistake. But, in this period of time since I am a customer of ikobo I did receive the iKard and also the money sent to me by a friend of mine. So after all I will stay with ikobo because in the end they have a good offer and I want to make use of it.

I will continue to monitor this thread and also post some of my future experiences with them (good or bad). :o

There are threads on the internet where ikobo is bad spoken but on the other hand there are also a large number of posts with satisfied customers.

So, in the end, if their offer satisfies me and things will go for me as they did until now, I will say good things about them.

How convienent that this is your first post. Could it be a little damage control for ikobo your employer!

If not, then you are not the sharpest knive in the drawer.

If you want you can send me $200.00 and I will send you an ikard.

It's obvious people are having problems with ikobo. I myself had some trouble receiving my ikard at first, but after speaking to someone in customer support on the chat section at their website it got sorted out. What I mean is the card was sent to me express by air mail and arrived in 3 days without me having to pay anything extra. Anyway, I'm still going to use ikobo because of the fees they have and more importantly because they have coverage over here in my country. I know some of you may think I'm making a mistake, but so far ikobo hasn't done anything to make me not trust them, so I'm sticking with them for now. Who knows, maybe in the future I'll be posting bad things about them as well, although I hope that's not going to be the case.

The same goes for you. Send me $200.00 and I will send you an ikard.

I guess Thaipro has a hefty 40 dollars commission on every card he sells from his website even if they are not the owner of this company. You can look under affiliate on the website you will find the correct amount.

I also was about to sign up with them BUT there lack of answering in Telephones and not responding to email made me pull out. Now I have a Thai company taking credit cards online like 2checkout but the money goes direct in to my Thai Bank account much better then pay pal. I do not really understand the issue here if some one fraud you online ask VISA or AMEX to give you the back. They will in 99 % of the cases do so they have to otherwise no one will pay online. Doing so the company scamming you have to pay 70-350 $ in charge back money to VISA and risk loosing their account.

:o

• 2 weeks later...
I have 2 terrible incidents with Ikobo

First time I used Ikobo, I sent money to Phillippines 3 wks. prior to Christmas. Their website say 3 to 5 business days. My brother did not receive the iKard they promised before Xmas and it took them another 2 weeks after Xmas before he received it. In other words, he had no money for Xmas because of their delays and on top of that, I called them many times and would not even respond back. If you call them, it is very difficult to get a hold of anyone there. Then, their Chat site never ever worked!!!

The next incident, in order for them to raise the sending limit say to $3,000 you have to send them very very sensitive information such as, passport, drivers license, SS#, Birt Cert., and Utility Bill. This is very scary because that means they know more about you now. PayPal never ask for any of this information – unfortunately, Paypal failed to send the debit card to this sub-contractor that is why we were desperate to use Ikobo right away. Remember, Ikobo is an Indian company – you are basically dealing with a third world country. I lost $1,000 dollars sending money through UPS to India before. I now wish I did not send Ikobo any of our sensitive information especially since they have terrible service! Be careful!!!!

The second incident is one of our sub-contractor is visiting US. We wanted to pay him through Ikobo so that he receives his ikard here while travelling. He of course, doesn't want to open up a bank acct. here because he needs US ss#. All of a sudden, ikobo blocked our acct. for sending for someone here in vegas. The most frustrating of all is I called many times and again I can't get a hold of someone there, as usual their chat room doesn't work. A week later someone finally e-mailed me with a short and cold response... "Why are sending money to someone who lives in the same area?" So, I e-mailed back and explained about the sub-contractor travelling." That was May 25th and it is now June 2nd I still haven't heard from them. So, again, I called them up patiently 3 times as nobody ever answer the phone. Unless, you wait for a long time, their line sounds like they have cut you off. I patiently waited and waited as I was determined to solve this issue. Then, I finally talked to a Daniel and asked me all the security questions. I have told him that he can call our banker to verify who we are. So, then he said he will remove the block on our account. I noticed he did remove the block so, when I tried to send money all of a sudden “ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED!”

I say, if you can find other ways to send money do it. Don’t use IKOBO. If you hear anything good about Ikobo in the internet, believe me I found they have been spamming the bulletin boards to say good things about their own organization.

investgold - Also notice that your post is also a first post and that your comments are copy and pasted from other forums. Whats your story? How the ###### can anybody know whats going on when theres all these first time posters giving stories? These first time posts are showing up everywhere on forums. Seems one crooked side is doing first time posts on giving ikobo a plug and the other crooked competition is doing the opposite.

Personally I will be sticking with all the long time members opinions and avoiding ikobo like the plague.

And ikobo1 would really like to hear that answer on why you were dropped from mastercard and amex.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hei there

Sorry my english i am indonesian.

This thread is very interesting. I want to sign up to iKOBO because they offer the possibility tho get credit card payment in Indonesia.

No i do not know what to do.

Do you know (also if i do not recieved my iCard) is it possible to pay out of my merchant account to business partners of mine if they also have a iKOBO account?

I will report about my experience if i will open an iKOBO account but maybe it is much better to search another company :o

• 2 weeks later...
Hei there

[...]

Do you know (also if i do not recieved my iCard) is it possible to pay out of my merchant account  to business partners of mine if they also have a iKOBO account?

I will report about my experience if i will open an iKOBO account  but maybe it is much better to search another company :o

Yes, you can pay directly from your Ikobo account if the other person also has one. I think you can do that even if he/she doesn't have one. An account is automatically created for them.

Just to give some feedback about my experiences with Ikobo.

I wanted to give my Thai GF a Visa card for ATM and shop purchases, but she does not work so could not get such a card based upon her salery etc. And I did not want to give her access to my bank account :o

I had heard some bad things about Ikobo (you usually always hear bad things about companies or people, never the good things...) But I decided to try them out.

I signed up to send money on their web site, but my account was immediately frozen!! I was asked to fax ID etc to Ikobo. I did this and my account was unblocked. I then sent $30 to her. This meant Ikobo had to send her a Visa card. She duly received this in only a few days by DHL. What was missing was an email to advise her of her PIN! Right now we are trying to get this PIN from Ikobo.

On the face of all this I suspect that the Ikobo operation is genuine, but that their administration is pretty untrained or overworked or short-staffed. I don't think they are a scam operation.

I'll let you know if she successfully gets her PIN !

Ikobo scammed me out of $200 about 5 months ago. We complied with all document requests, but they kept the account frozen and simply refused to answer the phone or emails.

We sent Visa a letter and got a chargeback and so got our money back that way.

I'm sure the 1st time posters here that say good things about Ikobo are part of their workforce. They were very clever about their scam, and worked it like a pyramid scheme. I'm surprised the credit card companies stuck so long with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Not here to defend anyone or something like that, but since everyone is sharing their experience with ikobo I thought I'd add mine. I've been using them for over six or seven months now. At first there were indeed problems with customer support, also my account was blocked one or twice. After sending the documents they were asking for it was unblocked and since then it has been working fine I suppose. That's just how it is for me. I'm not working for anybody or something like that, just had to say what was on my mind. Thanks, bye!

...Now I have a Thai company taking credit cards online like 2checkout but the money goes direct in to my Thai Bank account much better then pay pal. I do not really understand the issue here if some one fraud you online ask VISA or AMEX to give you...

Wanttocalldotcom,

I'm wondering what credit company you're referring to that deposit your funds directly into the Thai Bank account.

BTW, I have visited your site and was surprised to find out that your security certificate has many problems...

• 2 months later...

Many well organized scams set links with proffessionals and other organizations to add genuinity to their apparent business.

Many westerner also have been cheated by an organizes scam in Pattaya (see http://www.pattayascam.com) which also associates itself with non-scams companies and advertises in serious magazines and newspapers.

Becuase Thai laws works very slow and in its particular ways, there are many obstacles to take the scams to the justice system. All of them are aware of this Thai Social feature that enables them to survive for long time. :o

• 2 months later...
Hello,

I am an representative from iKobo. This post was forwarded to customer support. We would like to apologize for any unresolved issues that customers have with us. We are happy to immediately any of these issues. Please contact me for assistance.

Regards,

Drake

Hello,

We have been using ikobo for our travel web site for a very short period. At the end of August 2004 a customer from Germany made a payment with his Visa Card for a trip. Our account with iKobo shows clearly that such a payment had been made, yet iKobo claims that "a confirmation number is missing and therefore no payment has been made". This statement came from a certain Mr. Luis Garcia. Various emails to iKobo remained unanswered. It was also impossible for me to reach iKobo on four different fax # over a time period of 14 hours.

Some Googleing brought me to some very disturbing web sites about the business practices of said company. These can only be described as fraud and/or attempted fraud in quite some cases.

The customer referred me to the issuer of his credit card, the DaimlerChrysler Bank in Germany. Here I learned that the time limit for a charge back has already lapsed. Small wonder because iKobo responded as usual very late and then stopped altogether.

It is of course easy for a webmaster of a web site that uses a PHP shopping cart to go into the PHP script and delete a couple of confirmation numbers and try to keep the funds. That is an assumption only. However, even after giving iKobo the link to credit card statement showing clearly that a charge had been made on our web site in order to view the validity of my claim, iKobo is still keeping said amount and did not react to a given deadline.

Apparently iKobo uses a bank in Antigua. I have contacted Visa directly. One thing is clear, we will get the money transferred back to the client.

• 2 weeks later...
Myself and my business partner looked into Ikobo about a month ago... Very nearly moved our business from Paypal to it (it has no restrictions on what countries can use it)... Very glad we didn't now.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I only learnt about it from a guy who had something to do with Thaipro - The conversation certainly seemed like a bit of a plug!!!

Mmm.... Just did a whois on ikobo.com and thaipro.com but the database says it has no info for thaipro.com (Like it doesn't exist). Perhaps IT or one of the other computer guys could look into this???  :o

whois of thaipro.com :-

Registrant: Collin W Sparks

Phratamnak Road 338/3

Moo 12

Pattaya 20260 Thailand

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: THAIPRO.COM

Created on: 29-Feb-00

Expires on: 01-Mar-06

Last Updated on: 26-Jul-04

Administrative Contact: Sparks, Collin W

[email protected]

Phratamnak Road 338/3

Moo 12

Pattaya 20260

Thailand

Fax -- 6638250169

Technical Contact: Sparks, Collin W

[email protected]

Phratamnak Road 338/3

Moo 12

Pattaya 20260

Thailand

Fax -- 6638250169

Domain servers in listed order: NS1.THAIPROWEB.COM NS2.THAIPROWEB.COM

whois on thaiproweb.com also gives the similar whois info..

• 1 year later...

Some of my friends had an opportunity being in contact with Ikobo representatives. Those folks from ikobo are really amateur (as in not professional) and not intelligent. They are damaging their own business by being stubborn. IKOBO damages their relationships with potential partners and then expects to have good business in the market. The ownership and the management of IKOBO is shady and therefore IKOBO services have NO future. I wouldn't buy their stock nor use their sefvice. I personally had bad experiences dealing with ikobo in the past and I do NOT recommend them to anyone. I think you should stay away from that shady company.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I have brought this old thread to life because these scammers IKOBO are now advertising on thaivisa.com.

Please be very careful of this company.

Cheers Tony.

Is it a google ad that TV have no control over though?

Yeah, it's a Google ad, so all the more reason to bring this up as Thaivisa will not know. I actually clicked through it myself. No intention of using them but the name rang a bell. I think I had searched for them way back.

I have brought this old thread to life because these scammers IKOBO are now advertising on thaivisa.com.

Please be very careful of this company.

Cheers Tony.

Is it a google ad that TV have no control over though?

Yeah, it's a Google ad, so all the more reason to bring this up as Thaivisa will not know. I actually clicked through it myself. No intention of using them but the name rang a bell. I think I had searched for them way back.

No its not a google that TV have no control over it is a paid banner add. Just dont become one of their Victims.

/old thread

Old it may be, but iKobo have banner ads appearing on this site.

Do admin have any control / know if they are reputable??

ADMIN????

EDIT This would appear to be a google ad.

Edited by Crossy